It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regeneration of the Body, Simply Incredible.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Geckos run rampant in my house. At first I thought of them as a nuisance, but I now realize them to be fun and friendly to me, and even kinda cute.

There was this one gecko in particular looked pretty roughed up, as if it had been in some kind of tussle with some other kind of critter. Anyway, its skin was damaged in a couple spots and it had lost its tail. I felt bad for the little guy. This was on the same weekend in which I myself sustained some moderate gashes on my legs from falling on sharp rocks.

I observed how over the weeks, my skin was repairing itself, and in the end, I was left with only a couple scars.

I also observed in amazement as the gecko over the weeks shed its old skin to reveal brand new beautiful colored skin underneath. Its tail continues to grow back, and it is getting closer and closer to looking like it never lost its other tail. Really freaking cool.

What do you think of the ability to regenerate? Pretty incredible huh?

-SES

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It is technically possible to regenerate any body part with proper stem cell manipulation.

It's also possible to stop the aging process!!

but they will never tell us

animals have some amazing powers

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
yeah, I just got a nasty scar on my face, I hope it can heal, and it is healing now, I'm using some Apricot Kernel oil on it, and that has worked really good for my scars in the past, but I fear, this one may be here to stay.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Supposedly we can regenerate teeth and fingers, and something about lungs on the horizon.

2nd.
edit on 4-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It is amazing how we can heal ourselves. I worked in a kitchen and the first month damn near sliced off my pinky. Well I refused to got he doctor due to lack of insurance, and with neosporin and proper care it healed with no scar at all. (thank goodness the knife had been sharpened that day!!)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

It is pretty awesome! Nature has so many secrets that are steadily revealed to those that take the time to look and appreciate. Thanks for posting one of the many abilities that our bodies possess that I sometimes take for granted.

Here is a link to what could happen as we unlock the secret of the salamander...
edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste because: Sentence structure!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Scars on the face are sometimes attractive to the opposite sex, no matter the gender!

They give an individual character!

And what a conversation starter! "I was in a bar with a bunch of ninjas who were drinking saki when a group of Jesuit warrior nuns bus broke down and they entered the bar. One think led quickly to another when...."

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

What do you think of the ability to regenerate? Pretty incredible huh?

This is a Draconian/Reptilian/Serpent trait. That can all regenerate. This is why to kill them, you have to cut their heads off.

top topics

join