It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lennon: In Remembrance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
One of my favourites...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is one of my favourite videos ever of John, just because he's laughing and enjoying himself so much.

I do wonder though if some of the laughter isn't a kind of mania because of the sheer scale of the gig, I think I remember hearing that this gig was part of the reason that they decided to stop touring live

Still it's good to see him in the middle of a performance adrenaline rush and looking so full of life

RIP John

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
This is one of my favourite videos ever of John, just because he's laughing and enjoying himself so much.

I do wonder though if some of the laughter isn't a kind of mania because of the sheer scale of the gig, I think I remember hearing that this gig was part of the reason that they decided to stop touring live

Still it's good to see him in the middle of a performance adrenaline rush and looking so full of life

RIP John

Yes it was a part of why they stopped touring. Touring in general was so crazy for them. It was so loud that they could not hear a thing. Often times equipment would break and they would not even know it.

They were actually in danger at points because of the mods of hysterical fans. Things were getting just too crazy and they decided that it would be better if they stopped touring. Now at that time. Not touring usually meant the end of a bands career.

No one had really done strictly studio only album releases with out touring a bit... But hey, they were millionaires. They had had some great times... So why not? They had been wanting to experiment and they did. Sgt. Pepper was released and music was officially changed for ever.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was just thinking about Johns Music here ( Shocker I know) and I thought of this old thread and realized that it was a bit of a somber one....

One thing that John Lennon was known for though, was his sense of humor in the face of Tragedy.... And he did live a tragic life as I am sure you all know.

I thought it would be fun to lighten up the room a bit, showing you all some not so common footage of John's goofy self, having fun, making us all laugh with his... Subtle, ingeniously comedic ways.

First, we have all heard the song Let It Be... But have you heard John's funny little version that he sung during the Get Back sessions? Take a listen.

Hope you enjoy... Laugh. Live. Love!

Now, how about a bit more of John having fun? This time With Paul. Also in the Get Back Sessions... Enjoy the feeling.
(This one does have a tiny bit of language... So if that bothers you.... keep it in mind)

Now, how about a nice little compilation to round off this post? This features John being John through out the years...Pay attention to see an interview he does with a guy who does not know who he is yet...
Oh and learn how to clap with Johnny...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Now how about an interview that I have always enjoyed? A 14 year old boy snuck into his very busy hotel room in 1969 with a reel to reel and was able to sit down with John and ask him all kinds of questions. This boy asked some really great questions and he gets some amazing insights from John....

There was something.... Almost unworldly about John.... It was as if he knew something that no one else knew.... and he knew that he knew something no one else knows.... Did you get that?

Yet, he was just a man.... A man, who liked to think and was not afraid to speak his mind... And of course a Musical Genius.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join