Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

John Lennon: In Remembrance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
For those of you who are John Lennon fan's. I invite you to take a listen to a song. A song that was actually made by the beatles in the mid 90's as part of a Beatles reunion, which they did for their Anthology.The song I refer to is called "Real Love"

Amazing right? 30 some odd years since they had broken up and they did this. As if they were never apart. Now you may wonder how they managed to get John on the track, when he had been dead for so many years. Well, the track was actually Johns. It was a song he was working on, and sadly never got to finish, due to his untimely death.

take a listen now, to the raw audio, in which the then remaining Beatles used to make the amazing song.

Rather beautiful, and perfect in it's own way.

However, something that not a lot of people have heard, was him still working out this song. Before he had it all written. Before he had the music perfected.

Real love started out being called "That's The Way The World Is.

Here now, is that song.

Enjoy a small piece of little known Lennon history in remembrance of the upcoming anniversary of his death.

May he rest in peace. May his music live on forever.

John Winston Lennon: October 9,1940- December 8, 1980
edit on 4-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would also like to include one song written by Paul McCartney. This is a song that he wrote about John after he died. After being asked if he would write a song about John, he said that he would not just sit down and write one, but if anything ever comes, he will...

Well, one came, and this is it.

I give to you:

Here Today:

John, you are missed but you will never be forgotten. You will live on in our hearts and through your beautiful music.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We want to love them so much, and we do. We are supposed to. But when you dig, you find. Here are just a few things, there is much, much more. The world is not what it seems. Mind you, these are quick source grabs. It's up to you and I and the rest of us to really do our due diligence. I have, but I have no time to get into it right now. So here are some quickies.

Beatles, the dark side

edit on 4-12-2010 by wrathofall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I just wanted to be one of the first to commend John Lennon and his life's un-paralelled work, passion and journey.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

This is a thread about John Lennon and remembering him, his music, and his legacy.

With all due respect, let's keep it about that.

If you wish to make a thread about The Beatles and propose your idea in it, I would love to discuss it with you there.

Thanks for understanding

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
John Lennon was the Mahtma Gandhi of the west and was our best hope for reigning in TPTB with peace, love, and teaching humans how to inform themselves.

And that is why those bastards killed him.

John Lennon lives on in me at the very least. I hope he lives on in the readers as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I also want to be one of the first to say that this is absolutely ridiculous!

SOMEBODY has too much time on their hands, and offers very little, if any, credence to the intelligence of society, and or a remote Beatle fan/follower.

Something like that... posted on a site like this.... is the reason for our state of "credence".

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Absolutely. And I apologize and respect your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

You have so much to learn. I hope that someday, you will. And that goes for myself as well, so please don't take that as a hit. It is not. I think you misunderstand me. I love the Beatles and I think John's work was phenomenal. I would like to see the heart he had in music today. We just simply can not take things for face value any longer. It's what has got us into the situation we are in now. And that is my point. Fair enough?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

a lot to learn about what? It was a ridiculous video, beyond ridiculous...and you posting it attaches you to it...why would you post it if you thought it was ridiculous?

I have every single beatles album including the anthologies, and much of their later solo work... I really can't see where the 'brainwashing' might be in the music.

What I would consider... is that the british empire (whoever in it) promoted them in unknown ways to soften the relationship between the UK and USA.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathofall

Absolutely. And I apologize and respect your thoughts.

Thank you again, for understanding. I just have a great deal of respect for the man and he died way before his time in a very tragic way. May he rest in peace.

I do hope you make a thread about that though, I would love to debate with you on that.

Peace and love

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

In memory of John.....

This song is my fave, in fact played it a few times today, yeah I love this song !!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Oh yes, that is a beautiful song. I remember the first solo John Lennon song I ever heard. Imagine. I was hooked.

But then again, I was hooked long ago, with the first time I heard a Beatles song

Thank you UK

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here it is. The day before the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's assassination.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I do not think it is an over statement to say that Mr. Lennon was one of the most ( If not the most) famous, powerful and influential artists of the 20th century, if not of all time.

I find myself wondering just what kind of amazing music and art we missed out on from John and just what he would be doing today, if he were still with us.

Something about John was that he never did music for other people. He always did it for himself and that is what made his music so unique compared to what existed musically before he came onto the scene with The Beatles. The same can be said about the rest of The Beatles as well.

Something not a lot of people know is that the song Imagine, by John Lennon was originally being written as a Beatles song. In fact if you get the album Let It Be... Naked, it comes with a fly on the wall CD where you can listen to them as they mess around in the studio, work out the sounds of the album and even just goofing around.

On that, you can hear John Lennon pecking out the tune to Imagine. Quite amazing.

As a young boy I remember hearing this song and identifying with it even back then. Perhaps I was a strange one for being so concerned about the woes of the world rather than going outside, and playing cops and robbers...

But listening to this music, it is impossible to deny the beauty, the genius, the art and the fact that John Lennon was in tuned to the universe and the spiritual in a way that most others could only wish to be.

Take a listen now, to one of my favorite Lennon songs. The message is so amazingly simple yet, so amazingly complex.

Imagine:

Rest in peace my fellow dreamer.
edit on 7-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Some of you remember John Lennons... shall we say... creative protests. One that sticks out in my mind is Bed Peace Hair Peace.

This protest was one where he encouraged everyone to stay in bed and grow your hair until peace has been reached.

Ladies and Gentleman. The Spirit of John Lennon is very much alive in the hearts and souls of each of us. As he says, we can have peace. We can do it together.

In remembrance of John I am doing a small personal protest of my own, in the name of Peace. I would love to hear that others who are reading this will do the same or something similar, but obviously, I can not force you. I wont even ask you to. Peace is a choice and it's up to you.

My personal protest is not much. But it is something. I have a plain white shirt. On it I have written messages of peace and love. I am going to wear it for one week. Yes, I will be washing it each night. For one week people who pass me by on the streets will be reading messages such as " I love you", " give peace a chance" "you wont get it unless you want it", "come together all together" and several other Lennon quotes regarding peace.

I wish to leave you all with this. A song by John Lennon that was actually recorded during one of the bed-ins. A very simple song with a very simple message. Making it loud and clear, just exactly what he is saying to the people of the world.

Sing along with me? All We are saying, is give peace a chance!

So why not give peace a chance? What's it going to do? Kill you?

John Winston Lennon October 9th 1940 - December 8th 1980

Gone but never forgotten. Gone but lives on in our hearts, minds, souls and stereo systems.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The date: December 8, 1980.

John Lennon shot to death in front of
the Dakota Apartments in New York City.

The story didn't make sense then.

It makes ever less sense 30 years later.

Reasons to believe John Lennon was
assassinated and not just killed by
the proverbial "lone nut gunman."

www.brasschecktv.com...

Sad day when we lost John Lennon, we still have his music, I am sure there would have been much more had he lived..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I remember hearing of John Lennon and his protest against the conditions at Attica state and in support of the inmates who rioted there.

He wrote a song called Attica State in which he write: ' Attica State, Attica State, We're all mates with Attica State. In a bit of an ironic twist that no doubt would not have escaped him had he lived... The very man who assassinated John is housed at Attica state.... Something to think about there.

I can only imagine the clever pun he would have to say about that, if he were here today.

Peace and love everybody! Peace and love!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Wow 30 years! I wonder what John Lennon would of made of the world today.

Peace and compassion.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SparkyP
Wow 30 years! I wonder what John Lennon would of made of the world today.

Peace and compassion.

In a lot of ways the world is not all that much different then it was when he was around. Unwanted wars, crooked politicians screwing over the little man, Rich man stepping all over the poor man.

But then you have the horrible economy due to regulations being stripped away, which were put in place precisely to stop another economic catastrophe...

I can almost hear him today. Pushing people to peace, much in the same way he did in the past. I can hear his clever puns ans his goofy jokes and he is saying something like.... Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans, so instead of planning to go buy a new TV, Why not plan for peace?

Yes, I combined a couple of his old quotes.... but I don't know. It just sounds like something he would say today.

May he live on in our hearts and minds and through his music for all eternity, just in case one day intelligent life comes to earth. This way they will see that we weren't all idiots.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This track is awesome,
JOHN LENNON on guitar and vocals
ERIC CLAPTON on guitar
KEITH RICHARDS on bass
MITCH MITCHELL on drums(the Jimi Hendrix experience)
Now thats what you call a supergroup!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join