It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper shooting, Gold Coast - Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Had a quick search, mods do what you must.

Police are hunting a gunman who opened fire from the top of a building on the busy tourist strip in Surfers Paradise. A young man on the ground was shot in the chest forcing officers in bullet proof vests to cordon off streets around the Esplanade: The victim remains in hospital in a stable condition. Police are reviewing CCTV footage of the area.

Scary stuff, I'm close - Brisbane.. I'm quite happy I have no arrangements to go into populated area's for the time being. Let's hope this victim can fight it out.. It would be horrifying to hear a shot out of no where and see someone get hit like that. I'm more interested to find out what the shooters motive was.

Sniper shooting, Gold Coast

edit on 4/12/10 by WishForWings because: Added source.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

need a link....

I hope it's just a random idiot..And they nab him quick..
Too many school kids up there at the moment for parents to worry about news like this.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Source is up

Hope they get this guy asap, are there still schoolies down there?

(Schoolies = Year 12 graduates getting drunk.. for our international ATS'ers)
edit on 4/12/10 by WishForWings because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes, lots of schoolies there..
Exams finished a week ago..
You'd think they would get him quickly..
I know there's extra police patrols during schoolies...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
uhhh guys is this another another replay of the port arthur massacre or I'm I becoming paranoid

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
More news, different source:

POLICE are hunting a BMW driver who may have been responsible for two shootings on the Gold Coast overnight, including one of a man walk walking along the Esplanade at Surfers Paradise. A man in his 40s was wounded, at 9pm while walking along the Esplanade and was rushed to Gold Coast Hospital in a serious but stable condition. Police swarmed the tourist strip with initial fears there may have been a gunman sniping from a highrise. No further details are available. In a separate incident a BMW driver driver allegedly fired a shot through another car's rear passenger window, on the Pacific Motorway near Oxenford. The drive-by shooting happened at about an hour before the Surfers shooting Shattered glass cut the female passenger while the driver was uninjured. Police say the man driving the black BMW was in his late 20s, of European appearance with olive skin and skinny build. His dark hair was said to be in a bun or pony tail. Police have not ruled out that the shootings could be linked. - AAP

Link

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Geeez, I couldnt believe what I was hearing when I read the article, and so close to home too.

Lucky the schoolies came home a week ago. Except interstate, I think theres still a few of them down there.
edit on 4-12-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Sounds like more violence from the booming drug trade down there. How did he get a sniper rifle? Drives a beemer? Drive by shooting similar time? Theres heaps of corrupt cops down there too.

So long as its not some random physcho, the fella on the other end prolly knew what he was getting into, and the general public would most likely be left alone.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I was thinking that myself, hoping it was gangland related so it remains isolated to the criminal community and those who choose to have that lifestyle.

A 20 year old, olive skinned European dude with a ponytail? Sounds like an Underbelly character.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I live on the Goldy, it would definately be related to drugs. still heaps of schoolies here

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I doubt he has a sniper rifle lol. A lot of uninformed people refer to any rifle with a scope as a sniper rifle.

top topics

join