It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US contractor bought Afghan policemen drugs, little boys, cable reveals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted after some searching.

US State Dept. called ownership of Afghan 'dancing boys' a 'culturally sanctioned form of male rape' The Afghanistan interior minister was so concerned about an incident where DynCorp, a US contractor charged with training Afghan police, bought drugs and paid for young "dancing boys" that he asked the US embassy to work to "quash" the story, a secret US diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks indicates. In Afghan society, "dancing boys" are little boys dressed as girls, commonly abused and kept by some men as possessions.

I can't begin to imagine what these boys think, or what they consider normal.....

"Everyone tries to have the best, most handsome and good-looking boy," a former mujahideen commander told Reuters in 2007. "Sometimes we gather and make our boys dance and whoever wins, his boy will be the best boy." Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai is Pashtun. Brinkley's sources say that one or two members of Karzai's family had taken boy lovers, but that was unconfirmed. According to the newly leaked cable, the then-Ministor of Interior Hanif Atmar worried that if the story became public then lives would be in danger. Atmar also warned that a video of the incident might be released by the media, "On the Kunduz Regional Training Center (RTC) DynCorp event of April 11 (reftel), Atmar reiterated his insistence that the U.S. try to quash any news article on the incident or circulation of a video connected with it," the cable said. "Atmar said he insisted the journalist be told that publication would endanger lives. His request was that the U.S. quash the article and release of the video," the cable continued. "Amb Mussomeli responded that going to the journalist would give her the sense that there is a more terrible story to report."

Atmar then disclosed the arrest of two Afghan National Police (ANP) and nine other Afghans (including RTC language assistants) as part of an MoI investigation into Afghan "facilitators" of the event. The crime he was pursuing was "purchasing a service from a child," which in Afghanistan is illegal under both Sharia law and the civil code, and against the ANP Code of Conduct for police officers who might be involved. He said he would use the civil code and that, in this case, the institution of the ANP will be protected, but he worried about the image of foreign mentors.

Raw Story

I find this to be disgusting. These boys, by the age of 9 or 10, will never have the chance in life. What becomes of them when they are 20, 25? how will they raise their own children? Im going on with this but what are some of your thoughts on this?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I believe it's stories like this that show the real value of Wikileaks.

From the previous release, we learned that Pakistan was funneling at least a large portion of the "foreign aid" that we were giving them to the Taliban in Afghanistan. Essentially, the US taxpayer is funding both sides of the "War on Terror." Now we learn that we are supporting corrupt individuals in leadership positions in Afghanistan. People we could easily blackmail to insure our complete control of that country.

Exposing the corruption of the Afghan leadership to their people is going to make controlling that country harder for the US Government. I guess the US has a point when it says Wikileaks is endangering lives. If the Afghan people can't be fooled by lies, they will have to be killed.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

You should watch the movie "The Kite Runner" It goes into some of this stuff, I thought it was a very good movie.

The Kite Runner is a 2007 film directed by Marc Forster based on the novel of the same name by Khaled Hosseini. It tells the story of Amir, a well-to-do boy from the Wazir Akbar Khan district of Kabul, who is tormented by the guilt of abandoning his friend Hassan, the son of his father's Hazara servant. The story is set against a backdrop of tumultuous events, from the fall of the monarchy in Afghanistan through the Soviet invasion, the mass exodus of Afghan refugees to Pakistan and the United States, and the Taliban regime.

Tracing Sohrab to an orphanage, they learn that a powerful Taliban official who regularly demands children for nefarious purposes (in return for much needed donations) has recently taken Sohrab. Reluctantly Amir accompanies Farid to a football match, witnessing a half time stoning of accused adulterers, in order to see this official. Amir arranges an appointment at the official's heavily guarded home and discovers that this is none other than the bully Assef. Despite the ban on music and dancing, a numbed Sohrab is presented as Assef's dance boy.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So, you're saying a U.S. based contractor bought "dancing boys." WTF!?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I dont think that the American people will react like the afghan people to that news. Unfortunately they might not even understand what it means.

It is going to be harder for the US to control the country but if these sick pedophiles weren't bringing this sick nature to the top, they wouldnt be worried for their lives now.

We're funding some of the worst crimes

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

Thank you, Ive wanted to see it but never have.
I'll be looking for it now.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is a common and cultural thing in this part of the world.

Muslims can not have sex with women so they "do" little boys.

This also was reported a while back,but not here on ATS.

Wikileaks did not tell the world what it already knew.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Dynacorp says it all...........................

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I see it's a member of a number of organizations including:

Aerospace Industries Association
Afghan-American Chamber of Commerce (AACC)
Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA)
Defense Industry Initiative
International Peace Operations Association (IPOA)
National U.S.-Arab Chamber of Commerce (NUSACC)

Among many more

DynCorp Memberships

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Dyna corp also employees people from all over the world as well. I have a cousin that is a contractor for this company. Their contractors go out on who's available for the job and they maintain hundreds of people on the call back lists.

This is still sick and serious-however it is also cultural clash between Western Cultures and what they do in Afghanistan.

Does anyone remember what the UN Peace keepers in Africa were doing just a few years ago? They were raping young girls and women.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Things of this nature might be a common thing but for people who care for others and care for children it's pretty horrendous.

I dont think i can ever get used to reading these articles and seeing these images no matter how much it's reported.

Im tired of these systems designed to destroy us while theyre claiming that theyre there to help us.

top topics

join