It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke on the Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I saw the news earlier today on tv, it was a reportage which involved the upgrading of the empire state buiding and its new energysaving tec..
At the end of reportage were a number of interviews with residents, who were asked if they cared about global warming in the world today..
About half of them did not know what this was ..the rest said that they did not care, but only cared about his own and his country's economy, and when the reporter asked why they didn´t care about the global warming, the answer was simple the rest of the world didn´t interested them..only US did..
And this in a time when US is the worlds second biggest polluter..
When you add this to some reports from wikileak and some other truth about the war in Irak, Afganistan, aso...

The question is..

wich picture does the americans want to project of themself???

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

Cities are designed to keep us out of The Garden. What is in The Garden? Life, and Life is Love. People go out in nature, for a reason, to reconnect. When you're in the city, a man made place, there is total destruction of nature, concrete, asphalt, cars everywhere, pollution, nothing about a city, is natural. New York, is a man made jungle, the mega-metropolis. You can lose yourself there, in the nothingness.

we need to leave cities, and go back to nature, so we can see what is important, so we can think and feel again.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Yes or bring awarnes to the cities..There are so much negative buzz nowdays about americans so voices like yours, cant be heard and that´s not good..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

Well I don't trust these reports on the msm,they have a great way of dicing and slicing their reports and usually comes out the way 'they' want you to see it(very slanted).They only show the people that can't answer the questions.Is it me or does anyone else see that the msm is showing Americans as uninformed idiots recently?I have been reading a lot of threads about this sort of thing.

top topics

join