It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum Suggestion - Ideas For A Better World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
While it seems mostly everything can be covered in the current forum provisions, since I have been here there have been numerous threads about innovative technology and ideas that can make for a better world. So I am proposing a new forum, perhaps titled, Ideas For A Better World. I think a forum dedicated to that would not only be a good idea, but perhaps a source for our growth as we try and make this world better and support a healthy future by replacing some current destructive technologies with better ones. We have a lot of great minds here and diligent researchers that could constantly be bringing new ideas to the table. WHo knows, maybe one day engineers, students and scientists can use ATS for a source of ideas.

Here are some threads that I did regarding innovative ideas and feel free to add some links to yours.

Thanks and peace,
spec

Green City With A Brain
Sunshine Melts A Rock
Portable Water Desalinaization Technology
Bio Fuel Cells Powered With Energy Drinks
Wind Power, Personal and Portable
Gasoline From Air? Plant Enzymes Used To Power Car
New Solar Cells First To Produce Electricity From Heat And Light
Poo Powered Car Seen On The Streets Of Bristol
Rocket Powered Helicopter Emits Water Only

edit on 4-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: change title

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You get a flag from me just because this is not a wiki/TSA based suggestion!

And, in addition to that wonderful fact, it's also a great idea!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hey there friend! Thanks for the support and I will just add that this forum could also include social/political ideas as well as inventions. Perhaps it could also serve as a reference forum for all those incredible ideas that suddenly DISSAPEAR(
)almost as soon as they come out. I am thinking of Tesla, Buckminister Fuller and Royal Rife as examples for great ideas that dropped away from the public eye.

Peace,
spec
edit on 4-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I really like the idea. I support your idea for a new forum, especially since it has the possibility to be more positive than most of the others. S&F.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Thank you for the support sonofliberty!
I can't help but think some revolutionary ideas/concepts could be pooled here.

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well,you all better get started now.

Some Economists believe the world is going towards a new global dark ages.

Reality is going to bite most of you in the butt in a few years.

Since the end of world war 2 the global powers have been fighting a economic war,and not a global real war.

It is all coming to a head about now.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Words of encouragement for sure Ood, and I do think technology can/will be a major part in saving us (or killing us
) and at least the progression of tech is moving faster and faster. It just seems to always hit the same ole wall. If new tech cuts into existing industries, it gets backshelved to be forgotten.
Things are certainly coming to a head and I hope an idea or new tech can be a catalyst for change.

Thank you for the reply,
spec

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm all for better organization of topics.

But I'd really like to see a new forum on ATS.

Conspiracies in Law and Enforcement

However, yours has a much better chance of happening than my request/suggestion, which in fact has absolutely zero chance.

So, you have my full support here.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The internet has proven to be a place where all kinds of ideas can be explored and/or presented that otherwise would not see the light of day in the MSM.

What better way to put this medium to use than to bring up innovations that could improve our lives. I am sure manufacturers of new things do have a hard time getting noticed by the MSM. This is a great way to collate and bring those innovations to the front.

from me.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hey FF, no doubt there would be plenty of threads for your suggestion too.
Thank you for the support..

spec

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

No doubt wayno, let's put this rampantly paced techno presence of ours to good use! The internet, as you mentioned, is a great place to learn and share and is really a unique ability in history, I have witnessed it here at ATS and have been amazed and inspired by the input and ideas I have seen.
Thanks for the support!

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I believe that if you have a well written subject line or title to your post and nestle your post somewhere reasonably close to a topic that it is related to, then the readership will pick up on that idea... propagating the idea... encouraging it or discouraging it in an on-going dialogue. I was thinking of starting a couple of such threads but I am new here on ATS and I still have much exploring to do.

Having a good thread title is really the best way to go.

For example thread titles:

"ECONOMIC IDEA: you propose the ideas" and in the OP you just state your argument for it in simple terms not unlike the voter pamphlets that are mailed out during the election season.

If you understand that YOU ARE THE PEOPLE and YOU ARE THE GOVERNMENT then it all makes sense that you would find other threads in other forums that are of a similar nature. As there will be many "ECONOMIC IDEA: threads" generally they will coelesce into a stream of ideas all dealing with economic ideas. A certain amount of credibility becomes attached to the ideas which are hailed as being "good ideas". The ideas gain momentum according to the volume of participation in these threads.

It's a way to enable citizen participation in the public process, ie. grass roots marketing mixed with the ethics of DIY.

On a different board I once proposed a thread called "Higher Level Problem Solving" which was designed for the purpose of getting the board to act as a think tank for my grand scheme to become the Emperor of the Known Universe. Well, that idea got shot down.

Well, what happens with all the good ideas? If they are really, really good ideas they become public policy, vetted by experts, directed by a religiously transparent government apparattus accountable to the public, implemented by a mix of NGO's, and the chiefs of all committees will be directly elected from the population. The process of revolution never really ends in this respect.

Once you have your idea on a board we know that ideas can become viral memes all it takes is the right idea at the right time which requires almost perfect timing. I'm happy to answer any questions if maybe I was unclear in some of this. Anyway, your thread is a good idea in itself! F&S!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

This is an awesome idea. I think mods should have the power to shut down complete bull sh*t threads aswell.
Sick of them popping up left right and centre.

But this Idea is gold.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I agree. This is long needed.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePyramidAgenda
This is an awesome idea. I think mods should have the power to shut down complete bull sh*t threads aswell.
Sick of them popping up left right and centre.

Cheers
Brady
Isn't that why we have mods? What you may consider BS, others may consider honest attempts at discourse. If you don't like a particular thread, cannot you just ignore it?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Agreed. I think alot of things are interesting that most would find dumb and boring.

On topic, This is a great idea!! I flagged you

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
On a very basic level:- there should be no profiting from shelter, adequate nutrition, fuel and medicine. Making money out of keeping people well is immoral.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Flag from me!

It would be a nice forum to explore the creativity of ATS members, who knows we might actually come up with something really good!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
On a very basic level:- there should be no profiting from shelter, adequate nutrition, fuel and medicine. Making money out of keeping people well is immoral.
Quick question then. If I am not making money, why would I make your clothes? build your house? grow your food? I have a family too, and they need stuff. Do I just tell the electric company "hey, I built a house for that guy over there, so don't charge me this month"? It doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I was suggesting the basics of survival should take its inspiration from a socalist template, not that money should be done away with...but...what if nobody used money and just adopted an attitude of genuine charity, helping each other out when they needed it? Unrealistic? Why, because the worlds full of rotters? What if we stopped being rotters?..and if we can't then what's the point of any kind of revolution, if the new world will be cast in the image of the old.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join