It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New documentary: Inside Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If you have not yet seen this new movie, make plans to do so. It chronicles the what, where, why, and how of the 2008 U.S. financial crisis. Here is the official movie website for Inside Job:

www.sonyclassics.com...

17 very prominent members of the U.S. financial services industry and U.S. federal government refused to be interviewed when this film was being made. Their names are on the above website. This movie blows the lid off the 2008 U.S. financial services industry meltdown. Names are named. I was sickened by the depravity revealed in the interviews of the financial experts (both in industry and academia) who helped cause the 2008 crisis. Thank heaven for the multiple interviews with knowledgeable outsiders who are willing on-camera to blow the whistle. Call me naive, but I never knew that many prominent academic economists (including the entire departments of economics at Harvard and Columbia) not only aided and abetted the meltdown, but to this day see nothing wrong with their behavior. Some of those academic economists agreed to be interviewed on camera for Inside Job, and their testimony is devastating for themselves and for academia in general.

The IMDB website includes the exact information, but this movie was a noted participant at the Sundance Film Festival.

The above website link, in addition to an excellent free preview, also has an option for finding theaters in your area that will be screening this film. If you happen to hear when the movie is scheduled to come out in DVD, please post a reply to this thread to let us know.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This should be viewed by every person in America - no, make that the world. Of course, mainstream media and promotional companies will completely ignore it because they don't want to open this can of worms. You will most likely see this film denounced by government sources and Wall St.

Most ordinary folks really don't WANT to see how far down the rabbit hole this conspiracy goes. If they faced the truth, they would also face the responsibility of doing something about it. Americans are just too lazy these days.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
nice find S+F, the financial institutes have a lot to answer for globally - one of the clips on that site explains that Obama hasn't carried out one Wall Street reform since his appointment to office - that was very surprising to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

Good point. I didn't yet read the movie website section on "what to do" or "now what" or whatever it's called, but I will this coming week. History does show, for example, that during the U.S. Great Depression, FDR wasn't going to undertake that many sweeping reforms, except that he was forced into those reforms because of massive public pressure. So even Obama will have to bow to public pressure if it arises.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Here is the A.O. Scott October 2010 movie review of Inside Job:

www.nytimes.com...

He lists it as a "Critic's Pick."

On the Sony Classics official website for this documentary film, the "What You Can Do" button (as a follow-up or call to action, aftering seeing the film) currently leads you to a Facebook entry organized on that topic:

www.facebook.com...

I'm on FB occasionally...will see what they come up with.

Here is the video interview done on the Charlie Rose show with the director of Inside Job:

www.charlierose.com...
edit on 12/6/2010 by Uphill because: Add links.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Updates:

1) This morning, Inside Job was nominated for an Academy Award in the category Best Documentary Film. The televised award ceremony will be on Sunday, February 27, 2011.

2) You can now pre-order the DVD version ($25.99) or Blu-ray version ($23.99) on Amazon...it ships on March 8, 2011:

www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=inside+job&x=18&y=18

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Looks like they won!

Congratulations Charles Ferguson and Audrey Marrs for Documentary Feature - Inside Job.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
lollll

"The documentary that cost $20 000,000,000,000 to make"

It will be interesting to watch this !

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If you dig a little, this movie is already available on the web.

u2u me for details
edit on 28-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Another site to watch and download The Inside Job (2008) the full movie.

www.theotherschoolofeconomics.org...

A very good documentary that explains what happened to our world economy.

This movie is getting harder to get "for free" so I would suggest to download this baby onto a thumb drive and watch it asap.

The main thesis of the movie is when companies go global and are not heavily regulated it's a kin to allowing a pack of coyotes, foxes or wolves free access to your chicken house for the night and go to bed.

You will wake up in the morning to find the majority of your chickens gone, gone, gone.

The citizens of the planet slept and our governments, that are deeply in bed with all the major companies and banks robbed us blind.

Wish I could embed it here because my guess is most people will not take the time to go to the link nor find the 1 hour and 48 minutes of time to watch a economic documentary.

I have watched this movie and found it very interesting and explained what really happened.

Description and source of video:

The Other School of Economics

manifesto

Inside Job. The documentary. Online. For free.

story

Tags: inside job
April 15, 2011 51

Charles Ferguson’s film – Inside Job– won the Academy Award for Best Documentary in 2011. It narrates the conflicts of interest between the finance industry, politicians, academics and regulators, which eventually led to the trillion-dollar collapse of 2008. Narrated by Matt Damon.

www.theotherschoolofeconomics.org...

Every single person age 15 and older should see this film.

If you are a teacher, download it and play it in your classroom.

Those that do not learn by previous mistakes, are doomed to repeat those mistakes.

We all by remaining asleep and not watching the coyotes, foxes and wolves in our chicken house.

Distracted, dumbed down and dumbed down.

DEREGULATION: The main cause mainly began under Regan,and continued under Reagan, Clinton and George W Bush.

Greenspan is mentioned heavily.

Again, these type of movies are disappearing fast so even if you don't have the time now, download this and watch it at your convenience.

We have been robbed - and the robbers were not brought to justice, they were patted on the back.

Steal clothes, food, something small and you will go to jail.

Steal a group of people's jobs, pensions, life savings and you retire in luxury.

Is this what we want to teach our children?

Something has got to change.

Even Mexico's "Drug money" is mentioned, so is Fannie May, CitiBank, Goldman Sach's, Clinton's Administration, The Bush Administration, they are all crooks and Obama pardoned them.

Again, if any of you download just one thing, download this movie and download it asap.

We financially cannot keep doing "business as usual" something has got to change and only a informed and vigilant people will be able to change the way we currently "do business".

Again, one word caused financial meltdown, DEREGULATION.

You leave a group of people unchecked, unwatched, unaccountable with no oversight and most will rob you blind.

Really well made movie.

I found it fascinating and educational and am glad I downloaded this gem.

new topics

top topics

join