It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on guys.. A Violent Revolution .. REALLY?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
How many people would you actually be able to rally together at one time for just one battle?

How would you manage to get together a large group of armed guerilla fighters together without being stopped beforehand?

The list goes on. So much fail in the idea of trying to take on your own government. Even if you do have guns.

Have you heard of something called a fighter jet? A bomb? A tank? A helicopter? Artillery?

Again, the list goes on.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

In a home country the government has a lot more power over what they can do compared to on foreign soil, for a start.

Yet, you support Ghandi's pacifist overthrow of the British Government in India? Cmon. Don't knit-pick.

Secondly, the Taliban I'm sure have more experience fighting than the average American or Brit.

The Taliban aren't the everyday citizens of Afghanistan either. Again you believe every American will just suddenly get up and care about the situation. It just will not happen. There can only be a rebellion in this situation. In no way, with all the Allies the American government/Obama Adminastration has aligned itself, will all American citizens succesfully organize into a massive group to overthrow the government. We can only achieve this with a small group of willingly people. By small, I mean probably in the thousands.

I understand your Afghanistan point but really do not see it being completely relevant this this discussion. Granted it is a good point.

As a matter of fact, the Afghan example is the best example I have seen so far. If you were to think of America being like Afghan right now, as in troops marching through the streets, civilians getting killed, and many other social and economic disasters that are halting the growtth of the Afghan people, Nonviolence or violence, thats what it's going to come to. I don't care how many times you run the situation in your head, there is NO way that the bankers and money tycoons who promote wars to collect cash are going to let you peacefully sit there and say NO. No matter which road you take, it all leads the same, Martial Law, FEMA Camps, they don't even need instigation to do this. They can start it themselves with a coup. Why would you sit there and let them punch you in the face? The government can do ANYTHING with a coup, false flag, money, corruption. Heck! the CIA could establish a street gang to start terrorrizing American citizens. It doesn't matter though, because All roads lead to Rome. And Rome is the city of violence.

Seems like we need to calm down the levels in this thread.

And here is the scapegoat so you can have yourr excuse to just let this post go. There are no levels, you just do not want to tread into the scenario of violence. I expect you will revere all comments about nonviolence with a star, prompting someone to point it out on page 11 or 12, which then gets you frantic, and you become a troll on page 14. That's the only way I see it if you're just going to disregard posts about violence. Therre are only two levels her -- Violnce and Non-violence, so which do you want to calm down?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

. So much fail in the idea of trying to take on your own government. Even if you do have guns.

And here is is the epitome of my point. I knew this thread was nothing from the start. If you are not trying to overthrow the government, there is no revolution here. Do you even know what a revolution is? Either you don't know, or you are an early troll.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wonder if people have taken the human element into account. While it's true the puppeteers have the guns and the forces and the technology to give us all a good spanking should any form of violent resistance be attempted...what of the soldiers? Even though history is full of accounts of people doing atrocious acts when 'following orders', cannot the same be true of the opposite? I know that at least some of the soldiers would hesitate to fire upon citizens, especially citizens of their own nation. While I do advocate non-violent resistance personally, I have a hard time believing it's as cut and dry as some of you make it.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Ok lets approach this at a different angle, We both appear to be banging our heads on each others brick walls.

Right back in the OP I described how I thought revolution could be achieved.

Your turn, tell me how exactly you would go about a violent revolution and how it would end up.

Step by step please.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So I'm guessing that is it?

Anyone care to explain how exactly a violent revolution could be achieved?

It can't. Not in this day and age.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

You forget that the military is comprised of US citizens. Not mindless drones... at least not yet.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Please wait, I am still wrtiting.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You've set an impossible task. Each armed conflict is different and several factors come into play, but step one is align yourself with a wealthy sympathetic country.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
No need of violence ..you just need to elect President, Kongresmens and Senators who will be working their job like every normal politicians should do ...producing laws for improving life standards for the people with framework on constitution.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by mr10k

Ok lets approach this at a different angle, We both appear to be banging our heads on each others brick walls.

Right back in the OP I described how I thought revolution could be achieved.

Your turn, tell me how exactly you would go about a violent revolution and how it would end up.

Step by step please.

Very well then. Even though you didn't put it up step by step at all.

First of all, nonviolent revolution will do nothing. They will not be harmed by it in any way, so there isn't any instigation to care. If they do feel they are being harmed, lo and behold the powerful "LIE" machine. It can produce any physical or abstract lie, without tarnishing the user. They will use these "lies" to enact their plans, as they have done for centuries. When all of our freedoms are taken away (almost are now) there will be no choice but to violently up rise. It doesn't even have to happen violently. It could start with a peaceful protest. Then the people hold up traffic, causing a major traffic jam. The governor calls in the state militia, which blocks off the protesters. We all know what happens next, with or without instigation, as it has been occurring for many years. One shot fires off, and then two. Now the people have two options.
-Cry about the wounded, and go home acting as if nothing had happened. MSM shows up, covers the situation, and nothing really comes out of it except maybe a charity or two. Or maybe a new law?
-The people are fed up, go home grab arms, and stand outside on their streets. The government tells them to stay inside or else. No one turns back. Whole families are outside holding weapons like an HK 9mm in a SMG casing, Benneli's and AKs and AR15s. Workers decide not to go to work that day. Schools are closed, because the teachers are outside their homes.Airport pilots decide not to fly. Middle class citizens are angry and decide to complain to the government. The whole world is keeping an eye on America, trying to decide who is right, and who is wrong. China can't choose. England can't choose. Who to help? Family, or the government? Soldiers try to get in touch with home to no avail, so they talk to their sergeants. Nothing. The colonel? Nothing. So they decide to take matters into their own hands. Guess who decides to open up fire first? because who will make all the more money? Citizens are arrested and the devil removes his splendid Red white and blue, revealing his true colors : A bloody battlefield of Constitutional rights, and money. Many top heads such as CEO and governors decide to take cover in Washington. Wall Street top shots are taking heed to the bunkers in their enormous mansions. Right before an F-16 Fighter jet pilot is deployed to land, His commanding officer gives him permission to contact his wife. She tells him that she is inside with her two year old son, and how the government has lied to them, and the bankers are stealing money, and how citizens are fed up.

Grade A communities are transofrmed into Baghdad-like skirmish platforms. With small troops of citizens hiding in homes, and a couple of bodies in the street. Street gangs go home whatever family they have left, deciding that they should protect their community (Yes it can happen.) The F-16 pilot decides to go to his friends, and his officer and they discuss, that something isn't right. The borders are closed off, and many citizens run to the wilderness, or the Rockies. The Army decides that it will not attack it's own people, stating that the citizens have not let a bullet leave any barrels, and that many laws are unconstitutional. A small group of willing peoples decides that it is time. Live forever as slaves to the banking and eventually become so poor that government creates a law where, if you are too poor to pay back taxes and such, you are to work in a FEMA camp until so, or stand up and fight.

The Army decides to promote peace, and George Casey decides to not wage civil war with it's own people. Several Military officers are relieved from duty, and others are convinced that America may not be "The land of The Free" anymore. Civil War is imminent. Many caring Americans appear on MSM declaring that Civil War will bring the destruction of America. Civil War happens. Many Riot officers are killed, as whole communities band together to fight back. The Army decides NOT to help, and many Army men are convinced to come home, or desert the force. Backup military is called in, But with the lack of workers, low fuel and ammunition are looming. Prices for supplies rise, as private groups take control of resources, linking a whole underground network of Food, water, and supplies. A whole underground Militia is formed. Homeland Security decides to commence killing of everyone. (this is not like in movies though) Many servicemen refuse to fire upon the innocent, and Obama meets with several foreign leaders overseas. A hidden group pays off Britain to attack and secure America, and the Army is sent in to protect America and it's citizens. Small bases are created and Britain is fought off. The war has been ongoing for less than a year. Homeland Security troops now refuse to waste their life on millions of American citizens. Several countries come to America's aide, by hearing of various distress calls, letters and emails sent from scared Americans. The small group bombs the Federal Reserve, and Americans who can, leave on ships to other countries, who welcome them. They live with their relatives, and swear to work until America is rebuilt. Bullets and bodies lie in America's streets. Homeland Security surrenders and many key figures are arrested for breaching the Constitution. Thousands of (faux) dollars are lost, and many bank accounts are destroyed. Thousands of Americans are arrested for the war. Import and Export come to a halt, as small communities appoint leaders to rebuild and grow food. Many communities connect, and communication opens again, as people are riding bikes to other cites and driving what is left to other states. Many various countries come to aide America rebuild. Various family owned businesses are started, and communication is fully re-opened again. It takes America 5 years to rebuild.

I decide not to write anymore, my hands are tired. This is a Brief and vague overview of what'll happen in the end. Violent or nonviolent.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, are you with the FBI and looking for your next assignment after setting up the kid in Oregon?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The whole of the internet is not your straw man with a 5 minute window of time to respond to your whims lest you be declared victorious by some imaginary, invisible judge.

Here's your modern era successful revolution: Chinese Revolution. And yeah, you read that right, he drove out 600,000 opposing troops who had legitimate weaponry and military technology. Of course it isn't pretty and of course people die. Cuba is a viable example too. You know full well that the Afghans running the Soviets out of their country counts. It's going to count again when they run the US out.

You're the one ignoring viable examples and tactics. Saying things like "ever hear of planes?" is demeaning and rude to other members. You aren't having a conversation with them, you're mocking them, and yet you expect participation in your thread.

Yes, we've all heard of planes. They run on fuel. Fuel is explosive. Which makes planes easy to blow up while they're still on the ground. Attacking fuel sources ensures difficulty for the enemy to remain at full operating capacity. Blowing up power stations and generators is a viable tactic as it damages the larger enemy more than it damages you. There are literally hundreds upon thousands of possibilities besides two sides lining up in ranks on a battlefield and charging at each other. You take what you need from the enemy and you use it against them over and over and over until they are too demoralized to fight anymore. Again, I can't help but feel that the biggest barrier to your acceptance of violent revolution as a viable product of change is the myopic view of the available tactics. Planes can't bomb people they can't find. Tanks can't roll over enemies who aren't on the battlefield. Soldiers can't kill enemies who aren't in the spot where the opposing army has been led through misdirection. You *do not* use traditional battle strategies to fight a war like this. You fight like the Afghans do, or the Chinese and Cubans did. As dirty and mean and clever as possible.

NOW. Allow me to turn the tables. Aside from the Glorious Revolution, show me one example in modern times of a successful pacifist revolution (say 1700-2010, but preferably 1900-2010 so that modern warfare is considered). Make sure that it's in a MAJOR country. I gave you China, don't come back to me with "The Duchy of Grand Fenwick." And don't even invoke Gandhi unless you can account for Chauri Chaura, and a host of other problems.

edit on 5-12-2010 by bikeshedding because: Expanded last two paragraphs...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
No need of violence ..you just need to elect President, Kongresmens and Senators who will be working their job like every normal politicians should do ...producing laws for improving life standards for the people with framework on constitution.
Unfortunately, recent elections have shown us that are choices are illusions. Both parties are corrupt and owned by TPTB.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
it would work to an extent. I was talking with a buddy and he suggested this.

first - Start with snipers,(anyone in the USMC can shoot accurately at 500 yards), take out the key figure heads that are the route of the all the problems.

second - Send out a video of why these people were chosen and what will happen to those that try and follow in their foot steps. Make it clear you are only out to stop the people trying to strip us of our rights.

third - They will send a response saying they will not back down. Them not listening to the American people is what got them to this point.

fourth - Respond with a promise that anyone who votes with these people will suffer the same fate.

fifth - final step is follow through. Nothing will ever work with out it.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206
it would work to an extent. I was talking with a buddy and he suggested this.

first - Start with snipers,(anyone in the USMC can shoot accurately at 500 yards), take out the key figure heads that are the route of the all the problems.

second - Send out a video of why these people were chosen and what will happen to those that try and follow in their foot steps. Make it clear you are only out to stop the people trying to strip us of our rights.

third - They will send a response saying they will not back down. Them not listening to the American people is what got them to this point.

fourth - Respond with a promise that anyone who votes with these people will suffer the same fate.

fifth - final step is follow through. Nothing will ever work with out it.

Ok I stand corrected.

This could work.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
can you name one war that has ever been won using your method, no cause its retarded.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

And that is how you fight and win with non-standard tactics against a larger force.

Great example.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
These people who demand any kind of revolution will stop whining about their government when someone They like is in office. Right now they're bitter McCain/Dipsh*t Palin lost. When a Republican gets back in office to satisfy their delusional needs, there won't be any talk about revolt from these folks. Don't worry, their complaining will end when a white man enters office

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It is sad to say but they have won.

The Rambo types on the net are not going to do anything - it is all talk. Also, if they do, they are going to get slaughtered.

As to the other route, informing the public isn't going to work - they are already brainwashed. We are the tin foil hat, insane people to them. Same goes for the don't use their products - vast majority are not going to do this.
All I can say is prepare for the worst as best as you can, try to get family and friends to do the same then wait and see what the powers that be are going to do to cull the herd and hope you arn't going to be one of the ones who takes a dirt nap.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join