It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on guys.. A Violent Revolution .. REALLY?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

"Chucky, you really seem to have no idea what you appear to be saying. 6.5 billion people Vs. all the military and police ON THE PLANET!!!. How many of us are elderly? How many are children? How many are unable to fight for whatever reason? How many have no back bone? How many don't have a clue? How many are trained to fight or can fire a gun with any amount of skill? How many of us have tanks, aircraft, nuclear weaponry, automatic weaponry, a naval force? You need to wake the eff up my friend. Do some real good, start getting off their system. Tell as many people as you can about what you do know. Most of them won't listen. Most of them are afraid. Most of them want to be taken care of. We have been slowly, very subtly manipulated and we are putty in their hands. We are the mundane, the sheep, their burden"

Just roll over for them . With attitudes like this you midaswell hand it over on a silver platter.

Every Country Every nation We far out number them By a long shot. Most of there military have familys in the countries they serve who will side with family over government anyday of the week. Espically if its # hit the fan , cats outta the bag , and world wide choas.

To many cowards on ATS I guess thats why you sit behind a computer and hide with your "negativity" .

If you cant die for something you believe in and for the benifit of humanity then please crawl back in your hole and get outta the way .

We have real men who will stand up no matter what the odds against them. I will fight for the world knowing i will die with a SMILE.

What shameful soliders we have on ATS . When # hits the fan remind me not to come here to find gladiators . I'll find little teletubbies here

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by TechUnique

You are of course correct that a violent revolution is impossible. It would only work if it were spontaneous - happening everywhere at once - and had the numbers behind it to make it work. The more zealous amongst us, at least in America, like to point out that we have guns. Well... I have three guns and I don't care to match their firepower to this:

Against that, my biggest weapon, a 12 gauge shotgun, just doesn't hold up.

But, and this is the painful truth that people avoid over and over again... Real "revolution" is much less violent and much more difficult. We have the means to conduct this revolution right now... all of us. But, when the rubber hits the road, few if any will agree to it.

Ghandi showed us the beginnings of the path. Modern life fills in the blanks...

If we all (those in the middle class and lower) simply opt out - we would win. If we all just refused to go to work, to purchase anything, to use our utilities, to drive our cars... If we all just turned off the system... even for a few days... Change would occur.

The beast that holds us down feeds upon our money and the sweat of our brow. We are the enablers and WE are addicted to what the beast offers us.

Violence is unnecessary when we can slay our demons simply by starving them of our own participation in their system. The real question we need to ask ourselves is not "would I take up arms"... It's "Am I committed enough to just refuse to be a part of it"?

~Heff

My thoughts exactly, starred.

I think some people are getting me severely twisted by assuming that I think NOTHING can be done. Plenty can be done, just not anything involving violence. Because TPTB have got violence ON LOCK.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You are of course correct that a violent revolution is impossible. It would only work if it were spontaneous - happening everywhere at once - and had the numbers behind it to make it work
~Heff

You are right, but, that's the point of a revolution.

A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.

and that's the point of a revolution, for enough people to know so that it will work. There is absolutely no way possible you can fight the NWO in a fully sustainable nonviolent way.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If you expect to fight your own government, expect there to be anarchy. And American conscience as a whole just does not have enough sense to stay 100% calm during anarchy. Our lives we have been conditioned to be afraid of an America with no government. If there was ONE (1) person with the balls and brains enough to devote their time to lock the hijackers of our country up for breaching the constitution, it woukld work, but I just don't see it happeneing.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

If you try to fight TPTB you will die in vain.

I really do feel for you mate, good luck.

You go create some violence (violence being one of the main characteristics of TPTB), make the situation worse.

OR.

Protest peacefully and effectively, awaken people who play a major part for TPTB.

Make change, not more death statistics. Don't defeat your own purpose.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe try this:

Resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience

Resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience.
Non violence and Non-cooperation.
And a great example of how this can work we have from history with Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.

LINK

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

This is why there can be no such thing as a "nonviolent revolution". You DO know we are protesting already? since 9/11. And what has that accomplished? If we continue to do that it's the same thing as sitting around doing nothing at all. Protesting does nothing. It is the most weakest form of retaliation. It just does not work on a governmental scale.
Listen, if you decide to go against your government, at THAT specific nanosecond in space-time, YOU are considered a TERRORIST, a RENEGADE, a REBEL. And, trust me, there is a BIG difference between a Rebellion and a Revolution. Rewrite your title.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
reply to post by wrathofall

Just roll over for them . With attitudes like this you midaswell hand it over on a silver platter.

Every Country Every nation We far out number them By a long shot. Most of there military have familys in the countries they serve who will side with family over government anyday of the week. Espically if its # hit the fan , cats outta the bag , and world wide choas.

To many cowards on ATS I guess thats why you sit behind a computer and hide with your "negativity" .

If you cant die for something you believe in and for the benifit of humanity then please crawl back in your hole and get outta the way .

We have real men who will stand up no matter what the odds against them. I will fight for the world knowing i will die with a SMILE.

What shameful soliders we have on ATS . When # hits the fan remind me not to come here to find gladiators . I'll find little teletubbies here
LOL dude. Have you ever seen combat? Have you had the lead flying over your head? I doubt it. I propose non violent actions first. As others have stated, if we starve the beast through our inaction, we can have a huge effect. If that does not work, well from time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Understand Ghandi was ONE (1) man, and African-Americans were ONE (1) group of people. If this was to happen on a mass organized scale, not only can EVERYONE get arrested, beaten, tortured, thrown out, killed, but TPTB will come out unscathed, with tear gas in hand, and handcuffs in the other.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
Maybe try this:

Resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience

Resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience.
Non violence and Non-cooperation.
And a great example of how this can work we have from history with Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.

LINK
Yes, this is what I propose to start with.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

This is why there can be no such thing as a "nonviolent revolution". You DO know we are protesting already? since 9/11. And what has that accomplished? If we continue to do that it's the same thing as sitting around doing nothing at all. Protesting does nothing. It is the most weakest form of retaliation. It just does not work on a governmental scale.
Listen, if you decide to go against your government, at THAT specific nanosecond in space-time, YOU are considered a TERRORIST, a RENEGADE, a REBEL. And, trust me, there is a BIG difference between a Rebellion and a Revolution. Rewrite your title.

Not doing anything is EXACTLY what we have to do. Not play a part in the corporate machine. It has been explained many times in this thread. If you don't understand then please don't argue the same point over and over again.

I do not need to rewrite the thread title..

Please take part in this thread in a constructive manner.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Perhaps we should exhaust the peaceful avenues first before any violent revolt. What they want is for people to become disorderly. OR, if a violent one is chosen it must be carefully organized, but I doubt people will all come to a unified agreement all at once.

They have cleverly designed this society in a way that pits everyone against everyone, divide and conquer is their rule right? well they got us fighting over illegal immigration issues, race issues, religious issues, gay issues, feminist issues, animal issues etc.. everyone is divided, erase all divisionary lines first before organizing anything, be it peaceful or violent.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The governments worst fear is that one day the people will all figure out the game and realize that we no longer need them.

If we no longer need them to exist, then they no longer matter.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Chucky, you just don't want to see it. Your playing right into their hands. It's not about being willing to die for what you believe in, it's about NOT playing THEIR game. Your are the exact hot headed jackass that is going to allow them to enact their plans. But you are to much of a bad ass, you know it all and you won't listen to logical thinking. Nothing that I say or anyone else here says will convince you otherwise. You are a representative of a minority in this world that will flip a switch that they are waiting to be switched. Go for it. See how it works out for us. You are no better than they are.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by mr10k

Not doing anything is EXACTLY what we have to do. Not play a part in the corporate machine. It has been explained many times in this thread. If you don't understand then please don't argue the same point over and over again.

I do not need to rewrite the thread title..

Please take part in this thread in a constructive manner.

Look, this is what I am trying to tell you. There is a COMPLETE difference in a NONVIOLENT REVOLUTION and a NONVIOLENT REBELLION. If you are making this thread geared to NONVIOLENT REBELLION, you might as well just state your point. You are rebelling against something like a bank or a law. but if you are talking about NONVILOENT REVOLUTION there is NO way you can NONVILOENTLY fight your OWN government peacefully and win. And considering the fact that they are TPTB there is NO way that they will consider what we have done. The people in England cannot overthrow the Queen NONVIOLENTLY. The reason other countries have been able to do this is because they were fighting for things such as Independance. We are already Independant (dependent technically) so how in the world will you over the the Federal government, with an Army to cover land, a Navy to cover water, and an Air force to cover the skies nonviolently?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

We,The Sheeple,do nothing,never do anything,and never will do anything.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I believe in the end it made the english move out of india so it could be powerfull enough to make some demands.

example:

Brigadier: You don't think we're just going to walk out of India!

Gandhi: Yes. In the end, you will walk out. Because 100,000 Englishmen simply cannot control 350 million Indians, if those Indians refuse to cooperate.

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Ok I'm not going to "Debate" with you any more.

You are making no sense to me whatsoever, It just seems like you are arguing for the sake of arguing with hardly any backing.

You win, well done.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

yes, but these are TPTB that we are dealing with. They will kill you for looking at the White House a wrong way. I'm not saying that a Nonviolent revolution will not work, but you cannot have a nonviolent revolution with the Fedral Government, the Army, the Navy Corps, and the Air force. If we all care to not abide by the law, they have the power to throw us ALL in jail.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by mr10k

Ok I'm not going to "Debate" with you any more.

You are making no sense to me whatsoever, It just seems like you are arguing for the sake of arguing with hardly any backing.

You win, well done.

What are you talking about?!!?! Debate? what debate is there? You state that we should use a nonviolent revolution. You MEAN to say a nonviolent rebellion because I see no way you will win by protesting towards the government. All the evidence is right before your eyes. All you are doing now is using the scapegoat "You can't argue, Im done" to back out of this. Face it. There is no way a Nation 80% filled with those who do not care will ever win a nonviolent revolution. State your facts, sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join