It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chase orders Southlake bank to remove Christmas tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Chase Bank told a businessman to remove the Christmas tree he donated to a local branch because it could offend people.

Antonio Morales, owner of Bellagio Day Spa in Southlake, had assembled and decorated a 9-foot-tall tree in the lobby of the Chase Bank branch at 1700 E. Southlake Boulevard as a favor to the branch manager, who is one of his clients.
The tree remained in the lobby from the Monday before Thanksgiving until Tuesday. Morales said his friend called him Wednesday to tell him the tree had to go. She later showed him an e-mail from JPMorgan Chase saying that the tree had to be removed because some people were offended by it.

Read more

This right here is precisely whats wrong with this country.

Not because of the religious aspect to Xmas (I despise all religions, yet love the Christmas season), but because everyone is worried about "offending" someone.

It's a freaking tree and the freaking holiday season.

If someone were to complain about a tree (how sad must their life be?), simply say "Screw you, its a Christmas tree, get over it.

Everything is wrong with this situation. The idiotic corporate mindset that worries about "offending" a single person, and the moron who went full retard and complained about a tree with some lights and ornaments on it.

Once we can get rid of both of those problems, we would see a huge improvement in society.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thats very sad
and seems to me they are pushing the whole big brother knows best ideal way to far..

Can you imagine if London turned round to Oslo and said no thanks for the tree they send us every year in case it offends... more double speak, lets not offend someone by offending someone else

London's christmas tree on it's way

The tree, the 64rd to cross the North Sea, is Oslo's gift to London and is a gesture of gratitude from Norway to the people of Great Britain who gave valuable assistance to the Norwegian people and its King and government-in-exile in London during the second World War.

edit on 4/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
write a letter telling them they arent christmasy enough. tell them your offended that other banks have lights and trees but yours does not.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

It happens every year.
I'm glad we still see the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center every year.
That must make their blood boil.

Merry Christmas !!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Isn't this what everyone wants? The posters here on ATS should love this. They hate Christmas, lights, crosses, Santa Clause, Jesus, God, the bible, Christians, the flag, USA, the Constitution. Just get rid of ever holiday so everyone can be happy. That way no one can be offended. And people who like this stuff like me can just go rot some where. Man I hate what this world has become. Empty harted and full of hate.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OMG, The Government over here in the UK tried to get us all to stop saying merry christmas a few years ago because it was offending muslims (well one muslim actually) and to say happy holidays instead of happy christmas, this seems to be the theme worldwide.

What is going on?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
Isn't this what everyone wants? The posters here on ATS should love this. They hate Christmas, lights, crosses, Santa Clause, Jesus, God, the bible, Christians, the flag, USA, the Constitution. Just get rid of ever holiday so everyone can be happy. That way no one can be offended. And people who like this stuff like me can just go rot some where. Man I hate what this world has become. Empty harted and full of hate.

Well I hate crosses, Jesus, God, the bible, Christians, the flag,and the government of the USA, but I defend the Constitution more so than most people.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the nostalgia of the Christmas season.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infoquest
OMG, The Government over here in the UK tried to get us all to stop saying merry christmas a few years ago because it was offending muslims (well one muslim actually) and to say happy holidays instead of happy christmas, this seems to be the theme worldwide.

What is going on?

Sorry I have never heard that, what part of the UK are you from??.. I've ever heard anyone in the UK (down my part of the South) say "happy holidays" they'd get laughed at.. Perhaps that is more specific to your part of the UK than the UK as a whole..

edit on 4/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I bank with Chase. I will call my local branch Monday (if I remember) and ask their policy on Xmas trees.

Really who is offended by a Xmas tree? Anyone? Why is a Xmas tree offensive?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Why is a Xmas tree offensive?

because it reminds them of the real reason
for the holiday which is the birth of Christ.

Just like they took off In God we trust from
money and coins

just like u can't pray in schools

just like the atheist billboards saying
Christmas is a lie

they are trying to remove Christ
from the earth

with or without our permission

forcibly if necessary

next we will have to take an oath
to Satan.

Welcome to Revelations.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Oh, don't be silly!

Just like they took off In God we trust from
money and coins

Show the link...I assume you are referring to money printed/coined in the USA?
I just looked again..."Series 2009" one-dollar bill. Still says it. On the back.
Re-designed nickel. 2008. Says it on front, next to Jefferson's nose.....

just like u can't pray in schools

Sure, you can!! Anyone may, if they wish. To any "being" of their choice. Or not. Free choice.
What do you think some school sports teams do, before a game?

just like the atheist billboards saying
Christmas is a lie

Really? They specifically mention Christmas and the word "LIE"?? Exactly that owrd?? Where? Show us.
And, HOW many? One billboard? Three hundred?? How many?

they are trying to remove Christ
from the earth

You cannot remove an idea.

with or without our permission

"permission"???
Not even worth a response, that one....

forcibly if necessary

Prove that!!!!

next we will have to take an oath
to Satan.

What? To a fictitious "being"??

You don't "have to take an "oath" to ANYTHING!! That, my dear, IS THE POINT!!!!

It's called FREEDOM!

Oh, and BTW....the "christmas tree"? Might wish to research its original derivation....wasn't it PAGAN in origin?? There is a LOT of history, to research......Third century AD?? The decorating of pine boughs was STRICTLY forbidden, by many christian leaders........
edit on 4 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

LOL!!!

Really who is offended by a Xmas tree? Anyone? Why is a Xmas tree offensive?

Some people are thin skinned...AND, some are "offended" at the sight of "Xmas"!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

You know that getting a christmas tree is a pagan celebration that the bible specifically condemns right?

Just saying..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You know, with being politically correct and trying to please everyone else all the time, we ourselves end up offended. It's stifling. Let the darned banks have a pretty and festive tree. Say Merry Christmas and spell it as Merry Xmas if you want. Breathe for heaven's sake!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is ridiculous!

Quite frankly I'm offended!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by infoquest

What is going on?

It's an old progressive liberal trick. Hide behind a "victim" in order to get your agenda accomplished.
When you simply look for the big picture it all becomes very clear what they're up to.
-----------------------------------------------
They hide behind the Jewish people here in the USA.
A few years ago they tried the same thing and a few prominent Jewish people showed up on all
the morning shows and said "Would stop hiding behind us! We are NOT offended by Christmas.
Merry Christmas! "

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Chase wants you to pay for Christmas with their card, but they cant have a small piece of it in their lobby....................that speaks volumes.
edit on 6-12-2010 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
This is ridiculous!

Quite frankly I'm offended!

Calm down. Check it out. God returned fire.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I just called my local branch, and spoke with a kind young gentleman.

It is corporate policy, he explained they are not allowed to put up a single tree, rather they are only allowed to hang what corporate sends them. At this moment, my branch has NOT decorated at all.

That's my promised update, from Louisville KY.

I mean, it isn't enough for me to pull out, but it is awfully bah humbug of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What gets me is the fact that no one has the right to not be offended. How is this misunderstood? It would seem that people in general have become, as the OP stated, ( quite eloquently ) that these people went " full retard ".

new topics

top topics

join