It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikki Leaks, Stockholm Syndrome, and Defending the Matrix.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Stockholm Syndrome, I'm sure we're all familiar with the concept but just in case...

Wikkipedia has this to say.

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, essentially mistaking a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of kindness.[1] [2] The FBI’s Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 27% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3] The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg in Stockholm, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28, 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their captors, and even defended them after they were freed from their six-day ordeal. The term "Stockholm Syndrome" was coined by the criminologist and psychiatrist Nils Bejerot, who assisted the police during the robbery, and referred to the syndrome in a news broadcast.[4] It was originally defined by psychiatrist Frank Ochberg to aid the management of hostage situations.[5]

It goes on to list the conditions necessary in order for SS to florish.

Lets analyse them one at a time and see if any of these conditions exist on a macro level here in the Land of the free (snicker) and Home of the brave, pfft!

Hostages who develop Stockholm syndrome often view the perpetrator as giving life by simply not taking it. In this sense, the captor becomes the person in control of the captive’s basic needs for survival and the victim’s life itself.

We live in a time where we no longer have GOD given rights but only those given to us by our Government which can be taken from us at any time....all in the name of National Security of course. Remember, they are not rights if they can be taken away, they are privlidges. We have the priviledge of free speech just so long as what we are saying doesn't expose corruption on a National level because that could endanger our captors. Exposing our captors for who they really are is met with much hostility by some of our fellow captives. They are just happy to have Dancing with the Stars brodcast on their 50" Flatscreen T.V.s and thank GOD/Government for smart phones. They allow us to live they are
the person in control of the captive’s basic needs for survival and the victim’s life itself. Have you ever noticed how many government programs there are. Social Security, Unemployment, H.U.D., Welfare, you get the idea. We are totally dependant on our captor for everything including life itself.
That's one down, three to go.

The hostage endures isolation from other people and has only the captor’s perspective available. Perpetrators routinely keep information about the outside world’s response to their actions from captives to keep them totally dependent.

We live in a time when we have been isolated (on a macro scale) from eachother.We have the affore mentioned Flat screen T.V.s, Smartphones,Playstations, and all of the other little trinkets which keep us indoors and isolated from eachother. We feel uncomfortable when we have to be alone on an elevator with a fellow human being GOD/Government forbid we get a knock on the door after dark from a neighbor down the street we may not recognise who simply wnts to borrow a cup of sugar. Time to call the Police!!!! What would happen if you were out shopping and a stranger smiled at your kid? PERVERT!!! Alert security at once!!!

We have MSM to give us the official version of everything including life itself.and now with this new Net Nuetrality bill
the "Official Version" will soon be the ONLY version!
Two down, Two to go.

The hostage taker threatens to kill the victim and gives the perception of having the capability to do so. The captive judges it safer to align with the perpetrator, endure the hardship of captivity, and comply with the captor than to resist and face murder.

Well the Gubberment certainly has the ability to "Kill/Assasinate" us at any time especially if you are deemed a terrorist threat but even more likely you will be bullied by being put on the dreaded LIST!!! Yes that's right...the list. Just don't rock the boat and you have nothing to fear. Besides if you aren't doing anything wrong, what's the big deal??? It is certainly easier to allign with the perpetrator and just endure the hardships of having our liberties taken away so that we can remain safe and avoid any unpleasant "lists". Who in this country has the ball not to pay their taxes this year??? Any takers??? Didn't think so, and why?? We know it is un-constitutional to demand money from us in the form of taxes so why do we pay them?? Because it is easier to go along to get along. The go along to get along mentality is a huge one in this country but if everyone had this mentality this country would have never been born in the first place.
From my understanding of history Good ol' King George was a real prick and thank GOD there were a few of us who did not succumb to stockholm syndrome when it was time to make a stand.
three down and one to go.

The captive sees the perpetrator as showing some degree of kindness. Kindness serves as the cornerstone of Stockholm syndrome; the condition will not develop unless the captor exhibits it in some form toward the hostage. However, captives often misinterpret a lack of abuse as kindness and may develop feelings of appreciation for this perceived benevolence. If the captor is purely evil and abusive, the hostage will respond with hatred. But, if perpetrators show some kindness, victims will submerge the anger they feel in response to the terror and concentrate on the captors’ “good side” to protect themselves.

They allow us to drive. (Yes driving is a "priviledge, not a right) so that we may get to work in order to produce so that we may earn money in order to pay our taxes. They allow us to sit here on our fat arses and watch American Idol thanks to the F.C.C. which makes rules on just what we are allowed to be exposed to. They allow us to surf the web (for now) untill we start endangering ourselves by exposing their corruption and lies.They allow us to own firearms just so long as they aren't as big,fast, nor powerful as theirs. They are kind to us and want only what is best for us. They protect us from harmful organically grow foods now. They will soon make sure that we don't accidentally overdose on those nasty little vitamins that are so carelessly displayed at the local drug store They are keeping us safe from the Boogy Ma.....er, the terrorists. Even if it means we have to give up a freedom or two,or three,or.......... the Bottom line is, They are looking out for our best intrests which makes it soo hard to stay mad at them.

n cases where Stockholm syndrome has occurred, the captive is in a situation where the captor has stripped nearly all forms of independence and gained control of the victim’s life, as well as basic needs for survival. Some experts say that the hostage regresses to, perhaps, a state of infancy; the captive must cry for food, remain silent, and exist in an extreme state of dependence. In contrast, the perpetrator serves as a 'mother' figure protecting the 'child' from a threatening outside world, including law enforcement’s deadly weapons. The victim then begins a struggle for survival, both relying on and identifying with the captor. Possibly, hostages’ motivation to live outweighs their impulse to hate the person who created their dilemma.

the perpetrator serves as a 'mother' figure protecting the 'child' from a threatening outside world, including law enforcement’s deadly weapons!!! Sound familiar???

Let's change it just a little from Mother figure to... ohhh I dunnno, "BROTHER FIGURE". and instead of "Law enforcements deadly weapons" let's make it "terrorists deadly weapons".

It would read something like this, ehhhem,

In contrast, the perpetrator serves as a 'Big Brother' figure protecting the 'child' from a threatening outside world, including the terrorists deadly weapons. The victim then begins a struggle for survival, both relying on and identifying with the captor. Possibly, hostages’ motivation to live outweighs their impulse to hate the person who created their dilemma.

Let me conclude with a quote from the Matrix,

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

As I'm sure has been noticed, there is no shortage of people who are defending the system and fighting tooth and nail to stop the uncovering of lies and corruption. They are being drug by the hair, kicking and screaming into the light of day and it is burnig their eyes. It will mean a complete unravling of their entire world view. Everything they have built their lives upon is crashing down right before their eyes. Their paradigm is shifting and it is scaring the $H!T out of them. They are actually attacking the one trying to free them from their bondage. Attacking and insulting the one uncovering the lies and corruption. If this doesn't prove that they are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome then nothing will. The above quote from The Matrix was always a neat quote but never really had any meaning to me untill I became aware of peoples blind hatred for Julian Assange.

"Kill him"!!!! I hear them say. "He needs to be Assasinated, He is endangering our troops"!!! Ohh boy, can't argue with that one can we? Once a self proclaimed "Patriot" starts talking about "The Troops" All logic and reason seem to get thrown out the window.You may as well try to convince a Christian that the Catholic Church is Corrupt. "Patriots ruch to the defense of The Government in the same way as a devout Catholic rushes to the defense of a Defrocked Priest accused of Pedophilia. "Our troops are under attack", takes the place of "Our Religeon is under attack.
When will we stop defending a corrupt and system geared toward service to self and usher in a new age of transparrency and service others?

Your Thoughts?

Your Thoughts?

edit on 4-12-2010 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
great thread terrifying but very true!
edit on 4/12/2010 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Just a big: WOW! Great thread. That´s a new and weird view.
I have to read it a second time.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thank you for eloquently verbalizing my growing queasiness with the times we live in. I get so frustrated, seeing the writing on the wall and my complicity in this mass mental illness. Sigh.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cjno6

We can all do our part by making sure we are available to those who are attempting to wake up. I believe that we will be met with hostility and aggression if we attempt to wake those who are comfortably sleeping. I know I get pissed when I get woke up before I'm ready.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Show me op how humans without the matrix would of done anything.
Just look at what humans would do.

Op explain that video,a nd tell me how humans would be able to do anything without what you call the matrix, i.e the system in place.
edit on 12/4/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but that video was hillarious! I just hope no one got seriously hurt. It looked like everybody walked away from it.Wow people are in a fog. This only goes to illustrate my point. People have become soooo dependant on technology telling them when it's ok to go and when they must stop that when the technology is taken away they become helpless. Thank you for illustrating my point with that great video. It is now one of my faves!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Over the recent months I have seen ...

People who call themselves truthseekers turn away from facts.
People who question everything cower under their laptops.
People who fancy their independent thought become feeble conformists.
People of intellect abstaining from thought and reason.
People hiding in absolute apologia.
People putting down their mirrors.
Most of all people resorting back to their self defined archetypes when the truth arrives at their doorstep.

Why?

Because they are scared.

And when people fear they lash out at the messenger.

But the inescapable fact is that ...

The Truth Spares No One!

And think about it, only a minuscule amount of these cables have been released. No one has enough information to make a valid assessment, and still these folks have sprinted to their conditioned mental prisons pre-empting any will to look at anything with open eyes.

It is a shame, on ATS no less, where one might have expected a slightly more aware reaction to the historic events unfolding before us ... instead the reaction is exactly the same as one would expect if one sampled the local mall food court patrons.

And these folks who are so afraid, what have they done other than being afraid?
When was the last time they disclosed truths that others use against us?
Or is the limit of their reach, their courage, and their will, limited to a google search box?

And so it goes ...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What an interesting look at current events.

I agree one hundred percent with the assessment and would further that the reason for such is that a lack of education/critical thinking (or similar motives) fuels these emotional reactions.

You have to feel a part of something...even if you aren't on par with them, perhaps...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What a superb post

I think it both displays and gives a real insight into much of the 'anti-wikileaks' reaction you see on here.

I argued in another thread that people shouldn't be getting mad at the messenger for exposing some ugly truths, they should be getting mad at those create the ugliness in the first place.

The fact is, people generally do not want their boat (world-view) rocked.... I see it around me all the time. Friends, acquaintances, family members... I've lost count how many times I've seen eyes glaze over, if anything to do with corruption in politics or finance, or any sort of conspiracy is discussed in anything but the most superficial of terms.

They would much rather discuss the latest TV show, or gadget, or new car ... Asleep is not the word... more like comatose!!

I can't help but feel at tad sorry for them... as when reality hits it's going to blow their minds, and probably not in a nice way.

Good thread... excellent thread

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks for linking to this Thread sd!

Orwell's room 101, re-education and the use of fear to kill the mind. TPTB understand the psychops very well and watching the cogs turn and roll into position in this slave world of minds controlled by media leaves me a little apprehensive about just how far those whose established positions and professional reputations are most at risk, would go to maintain the status quo.

I think wikileaks has unleashed a mindwar such as the world has never seen and I think TPTB fear a snowball effect, with Truth running rampant.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thank you for this awesome Thread.

The Matrix is alive and kicking like hell. MSM in the UK broadcasting Hilary and the Republicans (American elites closing ranks) likening Assange to a terrorist, whilst they report little about our own politicians' responses. But some journo's remain True to their trade and there has been more honest reporting and critical analysis available from slip stream media.

Truth is hard to fight though. Assange's editorial comment for The Australian that included this;

...there is nothing more wrong than a government lying to its people about those wars, then asking these same citizens to put their lives and their taxes on the line for those lies. If a war is justified, then tell the truth and the people will decide whether to support it.

Powerful stuff that cannot be refuted without recourse to scare tactics and more lies.

The main news channels in UK have now reported the charges, all sexual molestation charges that if anyone went into a British police station and tried to press charges for, would probably get arrested and charged for wasting police time.

I haven't seen any new leaks on the evening news. It's not about the Truth, it's about criminalising the Truthsayer.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think it would do us well to print out the definition/explination of Stockholm Syndrome and start handing it out to the people we come into contact with on a regular basis.

Give them time to read it and absorb it. Then ask them what their thoughts are on Julian Assange/ Wikki Leaks
When they give the typical response " He should be assasinated" or " He's endangering our troops" explain the other side of the argument and ask then how they can be sure they are not victims of S.S.

No one wants to admit that THEY are the ones who slow down to look at the accident. They will complain that
everyone else does though. But if NOBODY is guilty of slowing down to look at the accident then why is traffic so backed up? The accident is off to the side of the road and there is no reason for there to be a traffic jam.

I've also never met a crazy person who knows that they are crazy.

People are usually blissfully unaware of the inner workings which make them tick.
So most people are not going to immediately recognise much less admit they they may be the victim of S.S.
but at least the seed has been planted.

Has anyone here ever heard a battered wife defend their abusive husband? "It's my own fault, I shouldn't have yelled at him like that". Battered wife syndrome! This phenomenon is nothing new and is just as valid on a macro scale.

Something to think about.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This very well may be the most important thread of quarter...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
This very well may be the most important thread of quarter...

I would tend to agree...as it centers on the core of our psychology...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

I think the more the Government does to supress this, the more people are seeing their true colors.
People who once would not have given wikileaks a second thought are now questioning why the government is going after a guy who doesn't even live in this country........FOR TREASON!!!!!
I mean, come on. Are they just tying to piss people off? Some would say yes, that it's all part of their plan.
All I know is, Sometimes plans....BACKFIRE! So good luck with that one CIA.

BTW, I think it's time we all (myself included) start naming our enemy. It isn't "The Government".
It is factions within the government. Like the CIA. But it isn't the CIA,...it's factions within the CIA.
Those who contoll the technology, controll the people. The CIA has the means, motive, and opportunity to carry out
the agenda that we are all seeing unfold before our eyes.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Screwed because: spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Everything is an illusion except for reality.

And reality is brutal.

Once reality is realized then the illusion will begin again as it is an escape from reality.

I guess you just have to stop and take a minute to realize what is really important at the end of the day. The tragedy is that illusion and reality are both the correct answers.
edit on 11-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Since THE MATRIX movie release in 1999, the word Matrix has come to mean a trap or web …a technological program of slavery and control. Although you may sense this is true, most people don’t know “what it is”. The reason you don’t know is because you have never been shown the Real-World matrix. For instance, the Movies are (most likely) named after a Mathematical Program created in 1958 by Wassily Leontief.

Who was Wassily Leontief?

Leontief was born in Munich, Germany in the year 1905.

He was a mathematician who used an 81x81matrix of quadratic equations to solve for every variable of input and output data in the United States economy. For this he won a Nobel Prize. Since that time…a basis software program was created and runs inside the IRS and global banking computers.

That program is called the LEONTIEF MATRIX.

This Mathematical Matrix is about an energy transfer using current-See and your Account-ability. Therefore; banking becomes the primary [accounting] business on the Planet and involves regulation by treaties and global agreements.

These agreements create the rules that control most of the details of your life…where/when you work; how you get food, water and energy to use.

Remember--Neo was told he was born a slave and most people when shown the Real Matrix; they do the same thing that Neo did….they either reject it or want to revolt.

But, THE MATRIX was not about remaining a slave and Revolution was/is not the Solution. THE MATRIX movies were about changing the agreement and then separating from THE MATRIX in peace.

And that is what people must do, CHANGE.

Neo could “see” his condition because he saw the Matrix for exactly what it is. Agent Smith was the dark side of Neo…the egotistical-selfish side…with a massive “look at me; it’s my world” attitude. In the end, Neo had to destroy that ego. He had to destroy his own anger and the “me” attitude that threatened to tear down the World.

Neo had to accept his “Smith” and overcome himself (Smith) for the greater good of Zion. Neo opted for peaceful co-existence so that both peoples; Zion and the Machine-World would survive and not be destroyed.

And….This is what you must do. The real-world controls come from your own agreements, and contracts/treaties, which form the rules and laws. As Morpheus told Neo, the Matrix is governed by rules, and being “plugged-in” you are bound by those rules.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Very nice thread well done

You said it all.

top topics

join