It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept Warning Students Not to Read, Share WikiLeaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Guess the boneheads at foggy bottom have done away entirely with freedom of information, free speach and well freedom entirely.. Be good little citizens dont question the state..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

the 'warning' is anticipating that logging-on or sharing links to the wikilinks disclosures
can (in the future) be deemed as anti-patriotic at least and bordering on the willful intent
to engage in anti-American thought and potential terrorist affiliation...

with all the evidence thus far produced to impune people with 'messages' 'e-mails' and other electronic communication...it sure would be wise to get the wikileaks information from 3rd parties...

You can self incriminate yourself by the records of your direct internet connections -
and sites visited, just like the States Adjudant-Generals are presently doing with the biggest players
in the financial and futures markets. Don't leave a electronic 'trail' is my advice

especially if your career will need certification from TPTB

edit on 4-12-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

the 'warning' is anticipating that logging-on or sharing links to the wikilinks disclosures
can (in the future) be deemed as anti-patriotic at least and bordering on the willful intent
to engage in anti-American thought and potential terrorist affiliation...

with all the evidence thus far produced to impune people with 'messages' 'e-mails' and other electronic communication...it sure would be wise to get the wikileaks information from 3rd parties...

You can self incriminate yourself by the records of your direct internet connections -
and sites visited, just like the States Adjudant-Generals are presently doing with the biggest players
in the financial and futures markets. Don't leave a electronic 'trail' is my advice

especially if your career will need certification from TPTB

edit on 4-12-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

erm

so what you are saying is that as a person giving an opinion ...
or giving a possibility to read what was already there, not even copying !! "in American law"
incriminating myself with what?

being interested in something?
under the freedom of information act i can read what ever i want.
if i need to get it somewhere with new internet technology ,
than no law or act can justifiably be put upon you.

soul reason is that there is no accepted law justifiable for it.
no matter what
its unlawful

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well there's a lot that could be said.. I think "@$%#@ this government" will suffice.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just remember which administration this is taking place under. Is everyone enjoying their Hope & Change and transparency yet?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Okay, seriously, did I go to sleep and wake up in 1955? It's bad enough to be randomly blacklisted from flying on a plane. Now they've apparently extended this kind of thing to government jobs as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Yes! I am currently applying for jobs with the Fed/State/county and there are two questions on the application:

The first is
“Are you now or have you ever been a member of any organization, association, movement, or group of persons which advocate the overthrow of our constitutional form of government, or which has adopted the policy of advocation or approving the commission of acts of force or violence to deny other persons there rights under the constitution of the United States or seeks to alter the form of government of the United States by unconstitutional means”

Then the next question is
“Are you now associating with, or have you ever associated with any individuals, including relatives who you know or have reason to believe are or have been members of any of the organizations identified above?”

I have to say that I was pretty shocked to see that on an application. The second one is the kicker, they wanted you to list the Name, Phone, Address and relationship of the people if you answered yes. WOW!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Just remember which administration this is taking place under.

While the other/previous administration has time free to manufacture it all, maybe?

Sides, parties and administrations are irrelevant in this topic.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
I heard that any Federal employee caught with anything Wikileaks on their computers will be fired.

2nd line cuz I am not quite awake yet.

My hubby - federal employee - came home last week and told me not to go to the Wikileak site. I asked why figuring there was a malicious virus warning or something. They've been told not to go to the site. Well, #1 *I'M* not a gov't employee. #2, he better hope they don't consider crazy wife regarding his job since I'm on ATS.
I asked him what if it was too late (it wasn't, I haven't been to the site) and got him in a tizzy. Oops.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

No not really, it has everything to do with the administration at hand and how they are dealing with the situation. Like I have said many times in the recent few days, Why is Obama so quiet on this, not a peep out of him? Why, why would he not make a statement as this directly impacts his country? And what are his thoughts on the matter? As usual important stuff going on and he turns quiet.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I would never worry about the government. If the government offers any advice I say do the complete opposition of what the government wants you to do.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

...making public comments or posting links to WikiLeaks content wasn’t “a good move
for any US citizen.”

Good Luck for the future friends

That State Department Spokesperson is just passing on what they were told by the latest instructions from your Govt - (not that it is really your Government anymore, you are their citizens/labour force).

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
It just gets funnier and scarier by the day. I haven't really seen anything completely damning in these leaked cables but the steps taken by the government to suppress them are starting to border on the hilarious and tyrannical at the same time.

Columbia University’s Office of Career Service is said to have passed around an email warning students that if they read WikiLeaks or make comments related to the releases it would render them ineligible for any government jobs in the future, based on a warning sent by a former student working at the State Department.

State Department spokeswoman Nicole Thompson insisted the warning wasn’t an official Department directive but added that making public comments or posting links to WikiLeaks content wasn’t “a good move for any US citizen.”

news.antiwar.com...

It's not disinfo, the reason it looks like they are acting crazy is because they know that their are alot of bad stuff still that hasn't been sighted yet or just has been and they are trying to get their people (Western citizens) from reading it and/or obtaining it. It's a state that has it's secrets out and don't want it's citizens from finding out what the govt. is doing in our name.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

When will the revolution against the NWO finally happen in the US? Start resisting people because this is only the beginning....

Since the WikiLeaks domains are down, you can access WikiLeaks via wikileaks.piratenpartei.de...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

It's funny cuz as soon as you tell a college kid NOT to do something they're immediately gonna do it. Bad move big brother. Bad move.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Frakkerface

No not really, it has everything to do with the administration at hand and how they are dealing with the situation. Like I have said many times in the recent few days, Why is Obama so quiet on this, not a peep out of him? Why, why would he not make a statement as this directly impacts his country? And what are his thoughts on the matter? As usual important stuff going on and he turns quiet.

Hmmm very good point. You'd think he'd at least make a press release. Like he did with the NY ground zero mosque. I mean he's our president for goodness sakes. We should of heard from him from day 1.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
Since when does a democracy use fear and intimidation to control it's people?

September 11, 2001 at approximately 9am eastern standard time

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Just remember which administration this is taking place under. Is everyone enjoying their Hope & Change and transparency yet?

If this happened under the former administration, sweden would be bombed at this point...get a grip

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Since when does a democracy use fear and intimidation to control it's people?

Since when did kids stop doing exactly the opposite to what they are told ?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

If this happened under the former administration, sweden would be bombed at this point...get a grip

No it's everything this administration has bragged about they seem to be undoing everything they said they stood for. And that ties directly into what is going on with the wikileaks situation. The people got played by the current administration when they promised change and transparency, just as I feel Wikileaks is playing people in the release of documents. And which in several threads about the subject many people feel that Wikileaks is tied to the current administration. But I do agree with you with the wonderful Bush/Cheney regime as I couldn't really stand them either.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join