It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil recognizes Palestinian state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

This is interresting news. If other coubtries follow suit They may very well end up with a state. Brazil recognized The State of Palestine based on the 1967 cease fire lines which is what the Palestinians would have demanded in any negotiations with Israel. Salem Fayyad, the Prime Minister of the PA has stated several times that if Israel and the Paleestinians are unable to come to an agreement he will declare a state next August.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

funny enough more countries recognise Palestine then Israel

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

only the burglar refuses to see whose property it is.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by gem_man

only the burglar refuses to see whose property it is.

2nd line

yes but in reality the burgler also has more rights then the home owner
(and i am talking about real burglers who sew for getting injured after breaking in)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

True enough! The world continues to turn a blind eye to the Israeli land theft in defiance of International Law.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Great news. Well done Brazil.

second

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Good for them. Realistically I don't see many countries supporting this move (Iran, Turkey and some of the other usual suspects perhaps, but the rest of the world will probably wait for the end of the negotiations), but it's a nice gesture.

I believe the Palestinians are going to have a country of their own, based on the 67' borders, and that hopefully it will happen in the next 5-10 years.

All that being said I should point out that this is nothing more than a friendly gesture, this has no real political meaning or effect.

reply to post by illusive man

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by gem_man

funny enough more countries recognise Palestine then Israel

Where did you come up with that?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thought that this particular thread should be put into life again.

Argentina and Uruguay announced Monday they were joining Brazil in recognizing Palestine as an independent state on the basis of the country’s 1967 borders. Israel and the US said they regret the decision.

"The Argentine government recognizes Palestine as a free and independent state within the borders defined in 1967," Argentine Foreign Minister Hector Timerman said, reading a letter sent by Argentine President Cristina Kirchner wrote to Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas.

Timerman said the recognition reflected a general consensus among members of Mercosur, the South American trade bloc.

Uruguay announced soon afterward it will recognize a Palestinian state next year.

"Uruguay will surely follow the same path as Argentina in 2011," deputy foreign minister Roberto Conde told AFP.

"We are working towards opening a diplomatic representation in Palestine, most likely in Ramallah," he said.

www.france24.com...
edit on 19-12-2010 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is the Global Community coming out and alligning themselves with Palestine to shine a bright light to the atrocities being committed right now. This is how you put and keep the pressure up on an incompetent and one sided viewpointer.

The dominoes now are begining to fall. The cloak and lie that Israel has been perpitraiting since 1967 is coming off and no longer holds water. The thinking of "You lie so much that the lie becomes and replaces reality" more then applies here. No longer will a war atrocity in this digital age be conducted ever again and not expect people to find out about it.

Oh yeah, Biblical events do not indicate that God is somehow irked over the disclosure of the contents of Israel's closet. God always spoke of helping your fellow man, and to not round them up and throw them into camps and beat them unmercifully. I swear if Jesus Christ himself were to manifest himself upon Earth he would demand to have an audience with the Israeli President, Prime Minister and he'd tell each and every one of them off and order each to immediately cease and decist on all references to his holiness and the Holy Family. I'm sure he'd stand along side by side with the people of Palestine and stand united against hate, racism, oppresion. If manifested in today's world he'd do the media circus tour, have himself a website, a blog, a Facebook, FourSquare, Tweeter, MySpace accounts, YouTube Video Series and ATS would have a forum dedicated to him exclusively. He'd also demand an audience with world leaders and tell them what's good. He would be the Hottest Celebrity on the Planet behind only POTUS!

Remember, I only invoked Jesus Christ because jurisdictionally and legally speaking Mr. Christ was Palestinian and not Israeli as when he was alive The State Of Israel was non existant and was considered to be a Territory of The Roman Empire and would not become recognized until 1948.

edit on 7-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

in simple terms

Palestine
upload.wikimedia.org...

Israel
upload.wikimedia.org...

More countries Recognise Palestine then Israel

there was an article but i cant find it so Diplmatic relations maps will have to do

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How predictable was it for the US congressional cowards to denounce the move based on orders from their Zionist masters. The hypocrites say nothing when Israel steals land thru illegal settlements, but in a pathetic pavlovian display, trip over each other to please their pay masters from the synagogue of satan.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Now let's watch the Jewish-controlled U.S. Press go after Brazil. Watch Americans start hating the Brazilians.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think this is one more example of the growing independence of our southern neighbors. There has been a shift in south america. Governments are no longer subservient to the US. Recognizing Palestine is probably a tit for a tatin the geopolitical game. Did'nt we just try an oust a president round there recently? It is a positive step to show the suffering of the occupied territories, but doubtfully done for moral reasons. Brazil is a powerful country, but will it put aid behind proclamations. Would Brazil lend to the PLO, hamas, or fatah? Would you give millions of dollars to such organizations?

top topics

join