It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Statues of 'Ain Ghazel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Hey nice find, Ive never seen this before.

Love ya post time too, 11:11

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Her's a pic of one of the statues full length... again totally wrong Phi ratio....

Dude I know nothing about art
What the hell is wrong with this statue , it just looks all wrong kind of like they haven't finished cleaning off a layer of mud crap.

I'm finding it hard to describe what I'm seeing sorry but to me it looks like what's left of the smooth skinned figure is underneath an outer layer like a Russian doll.

Is this just the way it appears to me i because of the photo ?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Sorry but I just don't see how you think these represent alien or anything other than human. Their eyes are not big and their expression isn't creepy. It looks peaceful and they look like humans.

The other pic linked below your OP to me makes me think alien but not these. They look like statues of people. If you look at art you will see statues where the eyes are painted like this. Not all statues paint their eyes in perfect eye form.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Can aliens grow hair I wonder...
These statues have what appears to be, or is it a hat?

It's Slip Slop Slap for ET!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be hilarious if there were a gathering of students learning how to dabble with clay and whatnot...and they get into a contest on who can make the best depiction of a human... the best examples are, through time, destroyed unfortunately, leaving someone's mistake behind to be found by modern man. How funny! Granted the heads and faces are well made, but the bodies look to be more like afterthoughts. It makes me wonder what future generations will think if they find a child's scribble amid some ruins, and think that this is a likely representation of an alien when in fact it was the family cat.....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
It makes me wonder what future generations will think if they find a child's scribble amid some ruins, and think that this is a likely representation of an alien when in fact it was the family cat.....

Yeah like archaeologists give meaning to all the old cave drawings, mostly religious. They forget that in winter they kinda hid in the caves to stay warm and had nothing better to do than doodle on the walls, like our graffiti kids today

Now what if all the alien abductions were just some Alien biology student test... that would explain why they did them over and over every year... new class

Now wouldn't THAT be a laugh?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon. You never cease to amaze me. A star for you sir.
Second line.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

They look like some Grey/human hybrids. Nice call!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Had the eyes been fully painted black my jaw would have been on the floor.. Can be anything, bad artist, alien, fantasy, unique style due to their culture, e.c.t.. Interresting find however

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
is it being implied that these statues are actually alien bodies? is this what occurs when one of their physical forms cease ceases to have life function. our bodies decay and theirs become petrified. maybe if they are silicon based like it has been purported, this could happen to them.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
To me they look like 9000 year old department store manikins. The shape could easily display a shirt or a pair of pants standing on a small table. Ancient people have to make a living...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
They look pretty human like to me. The sculpture just wasn't that skilled in sculpting realism.

Somebody had to beat me to it! I don't understand what drives some people to project "alien" onto mundane objects and have the nerve to say that the experts (archaeologists) who deal with this kind of thing for a livelihood don't know what they're talking about! Of course the statues represent people! It doesn't matter how old they are or where they originated. We're talking humans!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Its possible these are statues of aliens but for all we know they could be a child's rendition of a human or even an lesser skilled adults version of humans Haven't you ever sculpted or drawn something as a child in art class that looked nothing like a human? Unfortunately we probably will never know whether they are real aliens or not. Excellent find though keeps our imaginations cranking..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The second picture (from Slayer) looks like the 'human' represented there, is urinating. I mean "his" hands are holding his penis and the testicles are visible.

Not trying to be be crude, just what it looks like...much like the "peeing boy" fountains around the world today.

edit on 7/12/10 by TrailGator because: made a mistake on crediting post/picture...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The artifacts do appear to be gender-less and almost no facial expression to note. I noticed in the original post the eye stood out to me and I as well was thinking Reptilian. I wonder if they spoke with forked tongue? Nice find and post.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Tight-lipped fellas there...indicates either lack of Humor or the "Greys" as relatives. Interesting find, thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Nice find! S & F for the thread. But what I really have to say is you took my user name and picutre!!! : ) ..jk Fox Mulder FTW!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Her's a pic of one of the statues full length... again totally wrong Phi ratio....

It looks as if the Legs actually belonged to a different statue to me. The feet are modeled in a different style than the upper body.
The feet are rather clumpy and are unproportional to the upper half. The Upper half is slimmer, more detailed, and seems to have hair.
Perhaps the "Diamondeye" was carved from an already existant statue?
Looking at the position of the shoulders, you will notice that it looks as if the shoulders head right into the chest, which might indicate that this statue is an accident. It looks like the artist stopped there....

BTW.....Nice Thread! S&F

edit on 8/12/2010 by Pakd-on-mystery because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
The archaeologists infer that these statues represent people, but I'm not entirely convinced.

Why?

Aside from what you stated above, what have you learned about the statues and the culture that produced them that would lead you to be less than convinced?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join