It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse bans all federal employees from viewing Wikileaks material at home and work-ATS included

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
How many men and women in our armed forces, from any country involved in this, how many sons and daughters, sisters and brothers... that this guy put in harms way?

I would say none. Not to pick on you, because you're by far not the only person who is buying into this false notion that somehow showing world leaders to be the scumbags we all know they are anyway, is going to put people in the armed forces in harms way. That's a giant load of BS. It makes absolutely no sense. Haven't you noticed that anytime the government doesn't get it's way, it immediately declares that if they don't get what they want, soldiers will be in harms way? And alot of people buy it, over and over.

The government is who is really putting soldiers in harms way, and loooong before the wikileaks thing, soldiers have been dying because the government sent them thousands of miles away, to "protect" our freedoms by invading 2 countries that have NO ability to invade the U.S. whatsoever. Armies should fight OTHER armies, not a rag tag bunch of religious extremists with no allegiance to any country. That's a job for precision munitions and special forces, who get in quietly, kill fast, and get out fast. Those guys live for that, and do it well. But it was never really about that, as alot of evidence shows. Hopefully, wikilieaks is legit and not some staged distraction. And hopefully the government is scared because perhaps there's evidence out there to show once and for all their true motivations for these wars, and perhaps it will be so damning that the armed forces will see that they are being used and that our politicians and their corporate masters don't give a flying f@%k about them. If that happens, I suspect it won't be the soldiers who are in harms way.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by wcitizen

When Obama became President the war was already ongoing.

That's so cool! By that logic, if my friend goes out and steals a Ferrari, I get to keep it, because it's already stolen!

I'm gonna go call my friend right now, and tell him about this really neat Ferrari I just saw...

No, you missed my point. The point I was making was that Obama didn't START the illegal war, he inherited it. Do I think he should have pulled US out, yes I do, but that wasn't the point I was making.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join