It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse bans all federal employees from viewing Wikileaks material at home and work-ATS included

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn

1.its only wikileaks that have broken the law here?

No. The information appears to have been stolen by someone else and handed to them so far as I understand it.
They (Wikileaks) are the Publisher of apparently stolen info.

2. the govenment has never broken the law and tryed to hide it?
I did not say that.

3. calls of asasination are against the human rights and hauge court rulings but ok for journalists?
Who is calling for that?

4. if evedence of a crime is discovered it must be reported or it is a crime but what happens if the govenment is the perpre trator of this crime?

Appears to be two issues in that question. So far as I know, a crime has been reported, and a named individual associated with that. Innocent until proven guilty of course. But the crime appears to exist and by all accounts the 'stolen data'. Evidence of that by inspection of the Public Domain record.

5. do you really beleive the govenment is above the law?
My beliefs a very personal and not for public discussion, such is my freedom of choice.

You are very much on point here. There is quite a list of who may be guilty of a crime here.
Whoever procured the documents has responsibility.
Whoever handled the documents has responsibilty.
Whoever publishes the documents has responsibilty.
As do federal employees who do not meet the security clearance.

Someone above me put it very clearly in a more everyday situation and I will repeat it here:

A thief takes all of your personal information from your laptop, including your SSN, name, birthdate, mothers maiden name, address, pictures of your children, your internet history, credit card numbers etc etc...

He then delivers them to me, and I proceed to publish the information to the world.
Am I innocent here? The thief is obviously guilty, but what becomes of me? And what becomes of the websites and news companies that then publish the information after me?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't have proof of this, but a friend of mine in the Canadian military received an email which said roughly the same thing. You are not allowed to view wikileaks on Canadian military computers, while on or off duty. I believe this is a step towards the death of individual freedom.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I posted this months ago when my husband informed me that I should not link to Wikileaks after he received an E-mail telling him that by not means to link to wikileaks not only at work but at home, he works as a contractor in our local military base, my response was is not the government darn business what I do in my home as a civilian.

Old news.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

It's basicaly translated to " Don't Read it " lol.

But did it say anything about consequences ??

How would they even know if any employee's are reading these ??

Sounds like the captains trying to avoid a Mutiny, but in the end their only blowing smoke.

How would they know who read it?
ECHELON

They know.
edit on 4-12-2010 by pirhanna because: typesetting

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Yes you are right, no only they are watched all the time, but even linking to anything that is not related to work will shut the computer completely and because to log in you have to use a card with your name is easy to see what you have been doing at your work station.

But at home is none of the government business what we do.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Why do this? To give false validity to the WikiLeaks cables.
This is simply advertising as only the White House can do.
Sure, someone will be charged, why?
- More Publicity, of course!

I could see this playing out over months.
Take every Wiki release with a grain of salt and a jigger of tequila.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
QUE BONO? WHO BENEFITS?
This is the way we are gonna find out whos behind the big leaaks....
When its all said and done, the chances are equal at this point that it was the CIA/Mossad that initiated the whole wikileaks operation as cointelpro operation.
The organisation(wikileaks) may be complicit or not in this deal....
Whaat i see happening is that Assange will end up in a US Gulag and the organisation will be declared outlaw or terrorist.
It will be declared spying for anyone to download or look at the material even if it is available on the web for a time...
The situation may have been created BY the US Gov because they could use the whole scenario for the problem.reaction/solution operation to gut the internet and our countrys of free speech.
Things are moving rapidly to the point where we will have to make some hard choices soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Laugh it's insane, its all over the news, you can read the cables word by word in several major newspapers.
"- No, you cano not read NYT or The Guardian, we blocked it in our firewall". China 2.0.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Okay, I'm just as suspicious about the purpose of Wikileaks as the next guy, but dig this....

If these documents are truly "classified," then they shouldn't have been released to the general population to begin with. That being the case, why does everyone get upset at the idea that the federal government would forbid their employees to view these documents?

Would everyone feel better if they just did away with classified documents altogether and our government simply posted all it's intelligence, war strategies and diplomatic secrets on line for the entire world to look at? I think the federal government has a right to expect their employees not to engage in reviewing illegally leaked classified government documents.

Okay, maybe it's a prelude to something more sinister, but at face value, I think it should be expected they would require this of their employees.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hey!
Let's all get these cables and print them on fliers and staple them to phone poles everywhere!

The start of the new revolution, a "silent protest."

S&F
edit on (12/5/1010 by loveguy because: eh?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You've got to be kidding me. Our political leaders can't be aware of things that they need to be in order to govern effectively. I feel like I've seen it all now. Wow, 2010 was a monumental year so far.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The truth is GOOD when we catch YOU doing something illegal.

The truth is BAD when you catch US doing something illegal (in your name).

YOU have NO defence when we wiretap and pry into your life.

WE simply claim national security when YOU might get a glimpse into OUR "life" and that's that. You're toast.

I don't even know what to say anymore. Every last semblance of freedom is being stripped away from Western nations and all we seem to get are platitudes from people too dumb to know what's being done to them.

I guess that was the point of the last 40 years though, huh? Keep 'em dumb, scared and angry and anything's possible.

Our future is NOT looking good.

edit on 5-12-2010 by Nyteskye because: additional thought.

edit on 5-12-2010 by Nyteskye because: Spelling...geez!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Not to defend this action in any way, and being somebody who believe Wikileaks is a great thing in the current media environment, this article does explain what's going on:

market-ticker.org...

If you have security clearance or want a job that requires security clearance, you're not supposed to go snooping around with things that are beyond your security clearance.

It's really pretty simple and is almost an honor system among employess of the Federal Government that have to deal with classified data.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Perhaps you now realize why your founding fathers decreed that the US President should be natural born.
The illegality rested with Barry Soetoro occupying the White House.
When you get Mugabe style decrees threatening the most basic of freedoms, when you start being forced to subject yourself to some sort of gulag style searches and irradiation to get on a plane and soon probably a bus or train you have a problem at the very top. Reminds one of Zimbabwe.
When are you going to open your eyes and actually start doing something about it.
When the cattle trucks start delivering human livestock to the Fema camps? Or Soetoro declares himself President for life?
Too late then.
You have collectively refused to insist on legality at the highest level. 'It doesn't matter if the Constitution is violated' have claimed so many of you.
Well you see the result.
Don't look to the Western world for sympathy.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well someone start transfering the information to audio tape, STAT! Then disperse it!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The game's up.

Time for these dark hats to be held accountable for their actions and move on.

They're getting desperate ey??? Looks like force will have to be used to arrest these fellas.
edit on 5/12/10 by galactictuan because: typo

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I already started a thread on this the other day, where the first government institution (while not the White House), the Library of Congress, put this into effect. Surprisingly it got no replies.

Library of Congress blocks Wikileaks

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

How would they even know if any employee's are reading these ??

Main Core

Now what will they actually do about it? I have no idea, but just when I think it can't get any more Orwellian in this country - it does.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/12/2010 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
ROAAAHHH!! ROAAAHHH!! LETS ALL GET RILED UP AND ANGRY LETS ALL VENT OUR FRUSTRATIONS HERE ON ATS AND DO NOTHING IN THE REAL WORLD. lol its hilarious to watch you Americans at work, you really do make the best comedies. please dont stop on our behalf.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
In our greatly written Declaration of Indepenedance it states, when our government becomes a Tyrany and makes laws we the citizens do not approve we can revolt and overturn, I am and have been trying to understand what part of this you people do not understand and have been trying to express sense I BECAME A MEMBER OF ATS

peace to us all we need it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join