It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse bans all federal employees from viewing Wikileaks material at home and work-ATS included

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Has anyone figured out how the government intends to implement and enforce this rule?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ooops....looks like I will be wiping my computer now.

My job falls under the Executive branch so I guess we will find out if I lose my job now or not.

On another note, I have not received any such notification through official channels regarding this policy...
edit on 4-12-2010 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Pushing us towards and armed revolt so that they can bring the UN Peace-keepers in? Really?

How well do you think the UN Peace-keepers would do against a heavily armed population, spread out over a landmass that is 3,676,486 sq miles in total? How do you think the Peace-keepers would be delivered to our shores? How many do you think it would take to pacify 350 million people?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You could just encrypt your drive with something like pointsec using aes 512 bit encryption.

Otherwise make sure you do a DOD wipe.

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Ooops....looks like I will be wiping my computer now.

My job falls under the Executive branch so I guess we will find out if I lose my job now or not.

On another note, I have not received any such notification through official channels regarding this policy...
edit on 4-12-2010 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Computer is encrypted and I am fine here on business as I am not connected to the network. I wipe before I go home and reconnect to the network.

Like I said though, I would think that this policy would have been disseminated through the ranks to the employees. While I maintain a Secret clearance, the 'need to know' requirement is unsatisfied in my case. I guess time will tell and to find out if my anemic union has some clout...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

How many of those actually could/would stand up? Of course, even 5-10 million of us working together could make real change....if we stood united. That, I fear, is the problem.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Has anyone figured out how the government intends to implement and enforce this rule?

its only a matter of following ones' internet activity,
heres what i posted on the thread anout the State Department, telling employess not to get involved with the wikileaks disclosures:

the 'warning' is anticipating that logging-on or sharing links to the wikilinks disclosures
can (in the future) be deemed as anti-patriotic at least and bordering on the willful intent
to engage in anti-American thought and potential terrorist affiliation...

with all the evidence thus far produced to impune people with 'messages' 'e-mails' and other electronic communication...it sure would be wise to get the wikileaks information from 3rd parties...

You can self incriminate yourself by the records of your direct internet connections -
and sites visited, just like the States Adjudant-Generals are presently doing with the biggest players
in the financial and futures markets. Don't leave a electronic 'trail' is my advice

especially if your career will need certification from TPTB

its been 1984 for years already, but now we get the Øbama regime involved in the action...
aren't you glad that he got the 'Messiah' vote into Office...?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Stand up against armed groups of foreign men with silly blue hats and incomprehensible accents?

About 5 minutes, would be my guess. :p

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Who would be dumb enough to look from their own computer? I have dozens of friends and relatives whose computers I could use to read them, who are not federal/government employees. This would piss me off if my bosses tried to control what I did in my off time. I would probably quit the job, though, is it worth giving them that kind of control over you? There are worse things than being poor in America.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Homeland inSecurity is "progressing" to be an American KGB. We need activist organizations designed and funded to kill it in the crib because in another ten years they will be totally out of control and the American people will be under total control.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So reading is now considered "anti patriotic".

That sounds like a lame excuse that only the likes of Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney would come out with. They just dont want people in government knowing who they are really working for.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
These people are out of control and they must be stopped at any cost. I love my country and it angers me that these people are trying to destroy it in order to enrich and empower themselves.

Agree.

Wikileaks are out of control and effectively a "Rogue State" as such.

Answerable to nobody and in hiding.
Handling stolen personal data and distributing that.

The way things stand, they could already have all you email messages and be ready to disclose that.
Probably not, but where WILL they stop?

They are not playing some fairytale game of Robin Hood here, they are out of control anarchists and to be treated as such.

At the very least they should be arrested on suspicion of Wire Fraud and their servers impounded.

A crime HAS been comitted (theft of data)

modern forfeiture statutes, under which property involved in a crime (any crime, not just murder) can be indicted, held guilty and condemned to be property of the sovereign. By applying the traditional legal fictions to forfeiture proceedings, the government sidesteps almost all the protections for accused criminals under the United States Constitution.

source: everything2.com...

In short, Wikileaks, you're busted.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

As I understand it, WL did not steal the data. It was leaked to them. They are guilty of nothing as far as I can see.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is just another example of our "handlers" telling us what to do. We are not a free country, the rules need to be rewritten, the current form of government revised, it is time to seek true "change", not the change under current form of rule. We MUST demand a total government reform to a current format that will meet today's needs and the future. Our leadership and organization is antiquated. Time for new structure and government!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

As I understand it, WL did not steal the data. It was leaked to them. They are guilty of nothing as far as I can see.

Please, that's clearly handling stolen goods.

Somebody steals your bank account details and hands them to me and I publish that.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

you statments will require some claifycation for me
1.its only wikileaks that have broken the law here?
2. the govenment has never broken the law and tryed to hide it?
3. calls of asasination are against the human rights and hauge court rulings but ok for journalists?
4. if evedence of a crime is discovered it must be reported or it is a crime but what happens if the govenment is the perpre trator of this crime?

5. do you really beleive the govenment is above the law?

illegal is illegal
but criminal is ok if your the govenment

by the people for the people or
by the govenment for the govenment?

choose 1

xp

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

People were warned. Publishing that stuff was irresponsible.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Not saying I agree with this or not,

BUT

is this any different from telling a government employee that does not have the proper security clearance from reading something in a closed envelope that has been placed upon their desk?

Its not like its on a billboard along the Beltway. There has to be intent to go and look for these documents.
To me thats no different than opening the closed envelope placed on your desk that you are not to read.

No matter how easy it is to view them, personal responsibilty should still be in place.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

you statments will require some claifycation for me
3. calls of asasination are against the human rights and hauge court rulings but ok for journalists?
4. if evedence of a crime is discovered it must be reported or it is a crime but what happens if the govenment is the perpre trator of this crime?

illegal is illegal
but criminal is ok if your the govenment

by the people for the people or
by the govenment for the govenment?

choose 1

xp

No. The information appears to have been stolen by someone else and handed to them so far as I understand it.
They (Wikileaks) are the Publisher of apparently stolen info.

I did not say that.

Who is calling for that?

Appears to be two issues in that question. So far as I know, a crime has been reported, and a named individual associated with that. Innocent until proven guilty of course. But the crime appears to exist and by all accounts the 'stolen data'. Evidence of that by inspection of the Public Domain record.

My beliefs a very personal and not for public discussion, such is my freedom of choice.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Silly OP, didn't you know that obedience to the law is freedom and to be an employee of the federal government, why that makes you the most free person on the planet!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join