It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse bans all federal employees from viewing Wikileaks material at home and work-ATS included

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

But the courts can override the President's policies. The problem is the citizens must challenge the policy. Those that do not take the mark will not be able to buy and sell comes to mind. If the federal employees raise any issue with this their job may be in jeopardy and they will join the long line of unemployed. If you speak up you are silenced. If you enforce your rights they find a way to exert economic pressure on you.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Not being american i know very little about the amendments, so i have just googled the first amendment. I have found its main point to be about having freedom of speech, but yet it seems to me, the u.s government does not want that freedom, now the focus is on them. I can not understand as it as been said that these leaks are not top secret, then are not these leaks just an enactment, of freedom of speech.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Wouldn't that give them the right to also shut down All sites that have "TOP SECRET" Documents?

Sounds like they are squeezing the grip a little tighter now. Showing the people who the boss really is. We the people gave them their power and now we are past the point of no return.

Man, all i can say is good luck to all of us because we are gonna need it.

This may be the dog and pony show used to "justify" control of the internet like they used the 1996 change to HACCP regs to set-up the illnesses in the "Food Safety Crisis" to set us up for the Food Safety Fraud Law

However I think they are riling up the natives a bit more than they think:

See US Soldier: "What happened to OUR country while we were gone?" www.abovetopsecret.com...

I keep wondering if they are trying to push the USA into an Armed Revolt so UN "Peace Keeping" forces can come in and deal with the "civil unrest" I keep thinking of the 2008 valentine day US-Canadian Military Pact

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

Yes. Our Supreme Court has already interpreted a few cases of leaks as applied with our first amendment. They have said that once the information is leaked it is in the citizens right to discuss the information freely and disseminate it at-will. These are the tenants of Free Speech. They are the also the tenants of an open government and free society. That being said the leaker could still be charged, but their sentences mitigated by the need of the public to expose corrupt dealings that went against the people.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

But the courts can override the President's policies. The problem is the citizens must challenge the policy.

I suggest every one read The Fully Informed Jury AND make sure everyone you know reads it too.

It is the first step in taking back our rights. The jury has the right to fire a judge and to rule on the actual law (is it Constitutional) as well as judge guilt and innocence. That is why Criminal or Civil -over $20 - cases has a right to trial by jury and it is why in most cases a jury trial is NOT granted you just go before a bought and paid for judge! It is the reason Bureau-Rats have the "RIGHT" to fine you without a trial at ALL!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

You are right in a sense. This is also referred to as jury nullification. Where the jury ignores the judge in case and rules against what the law states. It is the fourth branch of power our founders secretly included. The most peaceful way to take back our country is sitting on juries and ruling against the government in every action they bring against a citizen that offends our own notions of what is right and just.

I have been meaning to write a thread about this topic. If we really want to stop corruption it is high time we all start sitting on juries and ruling in favor of freedom each time.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That is laughable.

In the Air Force the Union Steward would sit around 8 hours a day clicking on the cryptome website opening files.

They never fired him. He even downloaded a torrent/virus which enabled the Chinese to infiltrate the entire network.

They NEVER fired him. He's still working there. Barrack would never fire a Union Steward, no matter what.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Oh I forgot to mention a jury, at least a Grand Jury has the right to conduct its OWN investigations. None of this you can not see that crap. The Smoke and Mirrors we get because of our ignorance is a LOT different than what is our actual rights. That is why the schools have been so dumb down in the last hundred years.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
oh the conspiracy boards will be left open so they can continue monitoring any potential coup da` tat. and building their lists of combatants. I ASSURE YOU

nows the time to spread disinformation so they will follow leads to nowhere

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well how ludicrous. Whats this, Dont Read Dont Tell? How is anyone going to know their federal employee read it anyway? If I were a fed employee I would make it a point to read it, simply because the government is trying to forbid it. Just outrageous.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

But the courts can override the President's policies. The problem is the citizens must challenge the policy.

Quite true. I was only explaining how the president could create law, but your addendum is correct.

Those that do not take the mark will not be able to buy and sell comes to mind. If the federal employees raise any issue with this their job may be in jeopardy and they will join the long line of unemployed. If you speak up you are silenced. If you enforce your rights they find a way to exert economic pressure on you.
As far as I know, the mark has not arrived YET. Am I mistaken? I know that I have not taken it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Like I said before wikileaks must have something truly explosive and the government are scared of what could be published,I hope whatever it is it's enough to bring them to their knees and expose all the corruption that goes on in D.C.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I think you are right...no need for these actions if the content of the communications is simply critiques of other country leaders and back room deals that amount to little.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I agree. We also expect those actions. If they are running scared, there must be something to scare them. I want to read and spread that.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

They are working on it.

The Food Safety Fraud bill (S510) includes tagging Plants and Animals. Obamacare could easily be used to force RFI tagging if you want health care.

It is discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

. All federal employees and that includes our military can no longer view wikileaks information, including on ATS. So if you are reading this, and are an employee of the federal government you are hereby notified on authority of the White House

Aren't all U.S. citizens considered "employees" of the federal government? Doesn't the legal definition of "resident" have something to do with this "(civilian) federal employee" classification also? Seems I remember something like this being discussed during the time the census was going on. Is 'federal employee' a broad classification?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Anyone who has a government security clearance would possibly be subjected to this ban, in my opinion. I bet though this does not stop the Pentagon or CIA, or Whitehouse from viewing the wikileaks material. This ban is just for the peons.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Since Executive Orders can take and suspend the congress, constitution etc.
Check it out:

www.apfn.org...

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

. All federal employees and that includes our military can no longer view wikileaks information, including on ATS. So if you are reading this, and are an employee of the federal government you are hereby notified on authority of the White House

Aren't all U.S. citizens considered "employees" of the federal government? Doesn't the legal definition of "resident" have something to do with this "(civilian) federal employee" classification also? Seems I remember something like this being discussed during the time the census was going on. Is 'federal employee' a broad classification?

If we are I want my paycheck,benefits included,and I want that retro-active in cash $100'sand20's will do.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It would be kind of fun to try a guess the category of criminal activities Mr.Assange is holding as insurance against the government..........any guesses?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join