It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluxism - My Philosophy Of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here is a summary of my philosophy, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll call the emotions of love, joy, peace, freedom, and appreciation contentment, and feelings of hate, depression, desperation, and criticism discontentment. These are the two major emotions and everything else is in between.

The entire universe is energy, I'll call this "life-force". The life-force frequency of the universe is contentment. When you are in contentment you are connected with the universe, God, your higher-self, etc. and when you are closer to discontentment you are disconnected. The meaning of life is to live and get disconnected and then find a way to connect again. Getting disconnected and connected again is called expansion. It's sort of like a sound wave, it has to expand up and down for it to be considered a sound wave, otherwise it's just silence, this is the same thing with life-force energy. You have to go from being contentment to discontentment and from discontentment to contentment because that's what life truly is. When you die, you'll be connected again in contentment with the universe.

The natural order of things is expansion. The universe expands and so does all living things. Everything is living, rocks, tables, computers, everything in existence such as the universe, and even these words. Everything just lives with different frequencies of life-force, but it is all living nevertheless, and everything is only a part of the energy or life force which is connected to the whole called "the universe" or "God". It's sort of like you are a drop of water and the entire ocean is the universe.

In most religions, this energy called "life-force" is called a "spirit", or a "soul", or "chi" and the universe which is the collection of all of it, is called God, which is eternal and omnipresent.

Also, there is no such thing as non-physical. Humans are physical, you can see them, hear them, smell them, etc. but you can't do this with sound waves and you know that they are physical. Yes, we have a machine to measure sound waves and probably if our technology gets advanced enough, we'll be able to measure the waves/frequencies/energies of this life force as well.

The name of my philosophy is "fluxism" from the word Latin "fluxus" which means "a flow".

Now, you can ask any questions about life or the universe and I'll give an answer according to this philosophy.

Here is my philosophy in picture form:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting and I agree in theory but not in method.

Wouldn't complete disengagement from all emotions bring one to a state of higher consciousness? Though this is not easy to achieve some have done it.

The natural order of things is progression. The universe is expanding right now but it will not forever, soon it will contract back down then start all over again.

Why is contentment the natural state of being other then discontentment? Both being a form of emotional response I can't see how the two can be separated from each other, just at opposite ends of the scale, they are the same emotion. Love/Hate, Happy/Sad, content/discontent.

The purpose of the universe is that there is no purpose, it is what it is. All life, planets, stars, black holes and galaxies have a beginning and an end. This is the one property that everything shares in our dimension. Frequencies, vibrations and harmonies are the strings that tie all matter together, we all started in the big bang and we will all end up in a cluster before the next one occurs once the universe shrinks back down.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Numbing yourself to not feel emotions is not natural. It is not the frequency of the universal energy.You were born to live, to feel. Yes, the universe will contract, but it will again expand. It contracts for more expansion.

This is sort of like the emotions. The natural state is contentment but you fall into discontentment so that you can get to contentment again. This is expansion. This is what living truly is and what life is all about.
edit on 4-12-2010 by arpgme because: To output more information.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I like your philosophy, and I always love reading about new philosophies on life, so thank you I enjoyed this one. But there is one observation I have to make... and that is I feel like when I am discontent I am more connected, and when I am content I am more disconnected with the world around me. When you are discontent you think about your life, you think about yourself, you think about why your life is the way it is, and through all this thinking you become more in touch with the world... but when you are content you can go through life without thinking at all, which disconnects you from the world around you as you get absorbed into your own little world as opposed to the real world.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

It's not that you are "in your own little world", it's just that you are connected to the universe. The world, as in, this terrestrial human society, is on average more disconnected. So this is why you feel disconnected with "society" even though you are connected with "the universe", because society is disconnected itself and you two are on two different frequencies.

Life will cause you to fall into discontentment. There is nothing wrong with being disconnected from the universe to fit in with society; in fact, that is what life is about. It's about experiencing life, falling down into discontentment, but then it's important to make yourself happy to go back up to contentment, That is what expansion is. That is what life is about. Imagine if a sound wave didn't zigzag up and down and it only stood in a straight line? In that case, it's not a sound wave, it's silence.

Also, there is no such thing as death. When you die, you'll still zigzag but it will be a small zigzag near contentment. You won't feel the huge contrast between "contentment" and "discontentment" because you won't move that far from "contentment" at all. Very, very, close to contentment and actual contentment is the expansive frequency of the universe. Everything lives and everything has expansion.

edit on 5-12-2010 by arpgme because: The thoughts were to be made clearer.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Interesting, I see where you are getting at. So let's keep it at that, we are connected when we are content and disconnected when we are discontent.

But who is to say my "own little world," while disconnected from human society, is connected to the universe? Isn't human society also part of the universe? You seem to outcast human society as some sort of out-of-universe entity, while it is just as much a part of the universe as the humans are who make up society.

If we think about this at a societal level instead of a personal level, you are saying a society is connected to the universe when it is content, while a society is disconnected when it is discontent. I don't think a human can be connected to the universe unless the society he lives in is connected, but it is very hard to make an entire society content.

So I don't think it's possible to be disconnected from society and connected to the universe simultaneously. You have to be connected to a society that is connected to the universe.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

But the thing is, you don't live in one state, you are constant going from one to another which is good. There are some people in society who takes the jump from discontentment to contentment and there are people who gets stuck (which is a lot of people). The human society is indeed a part of the universe. Whether you are in the human society or exploring the world, you will run into things that causes you to be discontentment.

Probably, even when you are away from society you'll run into natural disasters instead of the pollution that humans create. Probably, on a personal level, that will make you feel bad as well.

The point is to get from discontentment to contentment and then life will cause you to fall into discontentment and then you have to jump back into contentment and so on and so on.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What you're claiming isn't your philosophy,

You're making up your own science of the Universe.

Philosophy is 100% related to consciousness; you can't really say that the whole universe is "life-force" or whatever because, so far, we only know of life on Earth.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My definition of philosophy is a personal view of life. This is my view of life, so this is my philosophy. Also, I believe that everything is living, and since the universe is everything, then everything lives. It's that simple.

new topics

top topics

join