It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal or Just using your brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It is said that human beings only use a small percentage of thier brains to comprehend, make decisions and basically think. Now ask yourself this, what if you could use your own brain to possibly hear someone elses thoughts? Or be able to fine tune your senses to see and feel when something is there that others may not be able to see. Now dont get me wrong I do believe people honestly believe they have seen things but who's to say they were not just using there brain at that given moment And the things that have been seen are actually among us all the time but our brain chooses not to recognize these "Paranormal Activities".. I'll make ya keep on thinkin..

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
One way to approach an understanding of this is from classic definition.

Historically, psychic abilities have been referred to as "Gifts of the Spirit" and not "Gifts of the Brain."

If it were all that easy to develop, then we would all take Telepathy 101 in High School and never have to use the telephone again; as well as Astral Projection 101 and never have to pay to see a movie on the silver screen again. *L*

The sporadic nature of psychic abilities also points to the source being from outside the brain.

When we increase our psychic ability, what we are really doing is increasing our receptivity to telepathic messages received from Spirit in a myriad of ways.

Most scientists are of the Dialectical Materialistic mindset. This means that they do not believe or are even open to believing in the soul, life after death, the ability for consciousness to exist independently of a physical body and so forth.

So their analyses and conclusions are all slanted to reflect that prejudice.

In my many years of experience as a Spiritual Medium and Intuitive, I have come to know that all dreams are channeled from Spirit. Try telling that to a traditional (Freudian) psychologist! *L*

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ghosts or psychic powers? I would have to say that there has been more evidence towards psychic phenomenon then ghosts, but that is just me. Both could be real occurances of a sort.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.teachervision.fen.com...

We use 100% of our brain.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I dont think humans use 100% if we did we would be far more advanced.

About paranormal activities i have had a few but the one who scared the # out of me.

Well that day i was abit tired. I spoke on the phone with my girlfriend and hit the bed.i slept for five mins and suddenly i felt a heavy weight trying to crush me pushing me over my back especially shoulders.i was sleeping with my face down. this heavy thing was killing me. physically i was still asleep, but mentally, spiritually i was awake, and i started fighting back, not physically but mentally/spiritually. i was pushing this dark thing away from me. and i realise that im away from my bed, but my body is still in bed asleep. weird enough because i lost concentration the dark thing was pushing back, i fought again and managed to kick it out of the door. as soon as i kicked this thing with no shape just dark, i physically woke up, was like i returned back to my body. i woke up checked doors windows all safely closed from inside, i have double glazing. i dont know what happened to me, even to this day it creeps me out. I left home that night and went over to my girlfriend, didnt tell her or anyone what happened.

wish someone somewhere or one day i get to know the truth what happened, maybe i never will.

top topics

join