It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Iraq? Look at the big picture..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I do not contest the reasons we went to war with Iraq. Though, in my personal opinion, which means very little on this message board full of Bush haters, Iraq will be 100x better off now then it was before the war.

Granted thousands of civilians have died, theres infrastructure problems, and the new govt of Iraq is quite humourous, I honestly think its for the best.

People keep getting caught up on the small picture. Iraq.

Just like a past poster stated, Bin Laden is drooling over the fact of our soldiers on the ground, versus the mass airstrikes we laid down in Afghan that force him and his cronies to flee. What better way to kill terrorists that hide within societies, then to get them to come out and try to attack you, then blow their sorry asses up? Anyone have the link to the militant that was about to fire the RPG at a tank and got his head split open by a sniper? You know damn well that same militant was chilling in some mud hut pretending to be a civilian before those tanks came passing by. The biggest mistake Bin Laden has made, was over estimating the Coalition force. And its costing him dearly.

Here's an old link:
August, 2003
iafrica.com...

The US administrator for Iraq, Paul Bremer, said on Sunday that hundreds of "international terrorists" have entered the country and that Iraq was now a frontline in the US war on terrorism.

The top civilian administrator repeated calls for Syria and other neighbours of Iraq to clamp down on border infiltrations but said there was no strong indication yet who was responsible for last week's attack on the UN offices in Baghdad.

Like I said, the reasons for invading Iraq were weak. But if G.W. knew or beleived this effect would have happened, then I'm all for it and I give it my praise.

Here's some numbers...

www.cnn.com...

There have been 980 coalition deaths, 862 Americans, 60 Britons, six Bulgarians, one Dane, one Dutch, one Estonian, one Hungarian, 18 Italians, one Latvian, six Poles, one Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and six Ukrainians, in the war in Iraq as of July 2, 2004

Now, anyone care to find a death toll of the Terrorist/Militants.. Cuz our 'unbiased' media cares not to talk about it too often.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Can you seriously say that Iraq is better off now? For how long? Our troops can't stay there forever and when they leave what do you think is going to happen? Maybe not in 1 or 2 or 10 years but sooner or later they will revert back to their old ways of doing things. They are a tribal people and by tribal I don't mean Democrats or Republicans. The Shiites or Sunnis will fight to get the bigger hand and then it will revert to the tribal rule. There will probably even be a civil war between them. Who is to say that ALL people want democratic rule? All the lives and all the money down the drain...sooner or later

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Iraq as an area for the Major Business Corporations is better off, especially ever since they started to have access to the oil reserves there. United States Forces will stay in that country and protect these oil reserves and those people who are working in them. I don't think that Iraq will revert back to its old tribal ways for a long time, unless the new Iraqi Government does not cooperate with the United States under a new regime with new security forces. The oil there is a precious asset now and I think it will be protected for a long while to come.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL The oil there is a precious asset now and I think it will be protected for a long while to come.

Well you may be right...but then what if the NEW government over there asked us to leave? I remember hearing someone say that if we were asked to leave we would. What then?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They wont for a very long time. You seem to be forgetting that the current non-elected officials that now run Iraq were nonetheless handpicked by the USofA.

These gentlemen now running Iraq know what's going on there, and I seriously doubt they're in any rush to push us out.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Also, again, I'm not saying this to make a point, but can anyone honestly find a link or news source that has any kind of estimate of Terrorist/Militant death toll?

I've searched for hours.. nothing.

top topics

join