It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what pisses me off? No theaters in my city have had this movie.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'd really like to know why. Are the theaters in my city run by Republicans or something? There's two theaters where I live, and a third one coming soon. My theaters have always had all the top movies as soon as they come out, but not Fahrenheit 9/11... anyone else not have this movie where they live?

Edit: What the f**k was piss edited out for? That's completely unneccessary.

Edit Two: Where did the black (c)'s go?

[edit on 7-17-2004 by EliteXizer]

[edit on 7-17-2004 by EliteXizer]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Dude, two theaters? Are you sure you're not in Old Mexico (as opposed to New Mexico)?

Have you tried downloading the movie?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here man, I really want to see it but I would have to go about two cities east of here to see it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Your better off not watching it. It was depressing and put Bush to shame.

It also showed how the blacks in parliament were put down. It was interesting that the recruiting officers were white, and those signing up were black.

"Shoot anything that moves" was the fighting stance that the soldiers took.

Not only that, but it also emphasizes that those that sign up for war, pay the price of death in the end. Only a handful survive.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there are working copies on Kazaa, or torrents available?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Two theaters??!?!?!? I only have one in my town... and that's 50 miles off... j/p... that sucks, though it might be released soon, don't think it can stay out forever.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You are UPSET that the theaters in your town aren't carrying F911? You should be honored that they know the people in your town wouldn't bother to throw their money away to see the lies and slanders of the propaganda. Kudos to your theatre owners for thinking enough of the citizens in the town not to bother showing the trash.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
hmmm, thats interesting, especially since new mexico is a major swing state

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
yeah I'm in NM and it's driving me crazy. Only places closer to Albq. and Santa Fe have it. I'm deep down right next to Mexico, in Las Cruces. I dont know if i'll ever see this movie.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The Red State theaters that break from the pressure and show it are thanking their lucky stars all the way to the bank.

I'm in NC where it opened on about 5 screens, mostly art houses. It's done so well though it's expanding all over the place.

Fayettville, NC at Ft. Bragg. They thought they'd make no money or get fire bombed for showing it, but the Fayettville papers reports it's breaking records, packing military families and getting warm accolades.

They aren't stupid. It's obvious the movie supports the soldiers.
www.michaelmoore.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Does anyone know if there are working copies on Kazaa, or torrents available?

Several torrents are availible on suprnova.org. You can download the movie if it's not playing anywhere near you with Bit Torrent.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spngsambigpants
Several torrents are availible on suprnova.org. You can download the movie if it's not playing anywhere near you with Bit Torrent.

Yea, someone sent me a link for it...thanks. I think I might just go see it at the "art theater" in town..I will give my opinion after I see it.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If the movie is not in your town yet, keep checking. Chances are it will make it there or somewhere around your area. The movie doubled the number of theatres it is in this week. www.f911tix.com... Also many torrents are available on suprnova, and apparently Michael Moore does not care if you download his movie. (More about that here www.abovetopsecret.com...)

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I've decided to get the movie off BitTorrent (I've already known about BitTorrent and SuprNova.org for a long time, but thanks for mentioning it anyway). Anyways, the thing that makes me mad is towns with 10,000 people in NM are getting this movie (Espanola, Los Lunas). Hell, even Taos is getting this movie. But where I live, Clovis, has 32,000+ people (probably about 35,000 by now), no theatres are showing it. I got this info from www.f911tix.com and www.city-data.com

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I decided I wouldn't waste my money or give my hard earned money to a communist, so I wasn't going to see it. But the movie seemed to be tanking in my town until the Democratic party started buying tickets and giving them away at Barnes and Noble and Starbuck's. That's how I was able to get 5 free tickets for my friends. I'm glad I didn't waste my money and those bastards did. The people that actually paid to watch it are probably upset.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I just saw it in the theater...I thought it was quite good. I think everyone should see it, as it's hard to deny what was in that video...he basically addressed almost every issue that I have been pissed off about since 9/11, and brought it to the (somewhat) mainstream. It's good that more people will see what is going on...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Get over it! You should let the Dems have their fun. Of course it's a depressing insult to our President; IT'S A BUSH-BASHING DOCUMENTARY!!! Personally, I thought it was a very good movie and not only shows what's going on over in Iraq, but how both the soldiers and the Iraqi people react to the war, and I am a republican (not a proud one these past four years, though). I also believe Bush should be a Democrat, since he's the biggest jackass the white house has ever seen. MAY BUSH'S APPROVAL RATE CONTINUE TO DROP!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Where do you live? Somewhere in a village huh? An American type village. Two theatres...wow!! Seriously where do you live? Your missing out on a lot

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I live in:
-A city in New Mexico called Clovis.
-This city has a population of 35,000.
-This city is not some little village, it's got a Wal-Mart supercenter, EB Games, GameStop, Lowe's (a huge Lowe's hardware store), 18 schools in all, a blockbuster, hollywood video, etc etc. However, it only has 2 theatres -_-

That answer your question?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Not to get too off topic, but there is some kind of formula theater companies use to decide how many movie screens are needed in an area. I can't remember the exact number but the town I live in has over 50,000 people and 25 screens (will have 25 screens, new theater being built). So I guess its around 2000 people for each screen. And no we didn't get F9/11 either, just because it wouldn't be profitable in a small viewing area. Spiderman 2 was out and that was on like 5 screens. So I would assume a town with 35,000 would probably not find it economical to have it either. Unless it's a college town. Small college towns have it because the professors will give students extra credit to see it. I guess that's what they mean by a liberal arts education.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join