It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess I missed This Part

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hello all, I have enjoyed lurking around your forum for about a year or so. I have read some great and not so great threads and look forward to participating in some good debates. While I have strong opinions, I am not afraid to admit I am wrong if you can show me enough proof. Some opinions of mine that will likely never change. I believe our Constitution applies only to citizens. I believe our Constitution is THE law of the land, and not an obstacle for politicians to "find a way around". I believe Israel has a right to exist. I do not believe Islam is a peaceful religion.

I used to believe in the ancient astronaut theory put forward by Erich Von Daniken, I no longer do.

I have a BA in History, and 3 technology related applied associate degrees. I am ex-military, and have been in combat. I love to debate. So, thanks to the developers for creating this site.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the pink chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the far right of most ATS webpages! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 100 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Hey sonofliberty1776! Welcome aboard!

Your resume seems quite impressive, I must say! Quite a bit of educational and life experiences to add to our community and I, for one, look forward to your contributions!

I always make it a point to thank those who have served - especially in combat - to protect our freedoms. So, from the bottom of my heart, and my families hearts.. Thank you so much for your sacrifice! What you did for this country and its citizens IS appreciated!

Eventually a mod or admin will wander in and post several links - all of which are definitely worth the few minutes it takes to read. Just about all the info one needs to take advantage of all that ATS has to offer will be contained within.

Once you've got your first 20 posts, and can author threads and u2u other members, feel free to u2u me if you ever have any questions and I will do my utmost to help you out!

I do look forward to seeing you in the threads!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome and information. I will check those links when posted.
Many in my family have served, I did it as part of my family's "legacy". I do not regret it though. I met some great people, got to travel to 18 different countries, and had some experiences I would never have gotten anywhere else. In hindsight, if given the choice, I would have passed on the combat though. One thing I learned from that, anybody who tells you that they are not afraid when the lead starts flying is either a psychopath or a liar.
edit on 4-12-2010 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join