It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time window for editing is NOT correct!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hello!

Since the implementation of the new great ATS 2010 - the time window for editing has not been correct for me!

It clearly says: You have exceeded the maximum window of 4 hours allowed to edit your post.

But that is not the case since this window is ONLY 2 hours for me! why is that so?

Today I had this happeneing again at exactly 2 hours after the post was written!

Is this due to some errors? time differences?

Or am I under any special circumstances of time editing surveillance?

I would be very thankful for an answer regarding this 2 hour shortened time window to edit!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This has happened to me and when I asked I got no answers. I went to edit a post that was only an hour long and it wouldn't let me do it. I honestly don't get it. It use to be something like 24 hrs but now it seems it's for as long as it wants. Hopefully someone will explain this.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

No, it's not just you, it's the same for everyone.
The countdown for "time left to edit your post" starts at "120 minutes".
The " 4 hour" message is just wrong; I've suggested before that somebody is obviously working on 30-minute hours.

edit on 4-12-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ahh! thanks for letting me know that i'm not alone with this problem then!

Yes, it seems that my time limit is now set at 2 hours when they clearly say 4 hours - I don't think that I've yet encountered a time limit of ONLY one hour like you apparently have though!

Sad to hear that you were ignored regarding this question!

Yeah, hopefully they can clear this out for us?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

yep the same for me too!
need change one of them....the text that says 4 hours or give us four hours!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This has occurred quite a few times with me, not much more than an hour had passed.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
No, it's not just you, it's the same for everyone.
The countdown for "time left to edit your post" starts at "120 minutes".
The " 4 hour" message is just wrong;
Actually my hope (and vote, if we get one) is, that the 4 hours is correct and that's what will be implemented if and when this discrepancy is resolved.

I think 4 hours is long enough, but 120 minutes is too short.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Reporting in on experiencing only a 45 minute window. Sometimes it is longer while it seems shorter. But it is not 4 hours as stated.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ok...i'll play the dummy here...why would you need more than 2 hours? it seems that research first, then some pre-post editing would be all that is required for a 2 hour window. what am i missing?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I post from home and work sometimes. Depending on what I am doing I may get busy and want to get back to my post later with an after thought, or additional information-links or if I find a typo/mispelin

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Same here, sometimes don't have time to check all the links/videos etc in my post immediately after posting because something else comes up, so I may have to come back to check it later and when I do I might find a broken link or maybe even a typo.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thanks for reporting in guys

Apparently the time window is now anything between 45 minutes and 2 hours - but not the 4 hours as stated when you edit.

Now I'm very curious to know why we're seeing all these disparities?

Hello Admins - can anyone of you guys please chime in here if you know why this occur so differently for different members.

Someone has to know why this 4 hour time limit is not functioning as stated?

Many thanks in advance!
edit on 4-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: I always need to edit spelling errors and stuff which I unfortunately discover after posting!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's a conspiracy by the PTB @ ATS to force members to get it right the first time.

Actually, this change caught me by surprise the day it was made, and of course I had to make appropriate adjustments.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Apart from the annoyance, it's so unprofessional and stupid for the stated time window to be double what the actual time window is.

The four hour window would be much better than the present 2 hour one.

Also, edits should be marked with the time, viewable as the reader's time.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Can we vote for a 4 hours window please? I mean it would be useful.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why a time limit at all?

Just curious if I find a mistake I made three days ago why can't I correct it with an annotation?

At least if there is one make it consistent...

top topics

join