It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier: "What happened to OUR country while we were gone?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Crikey, Nail Clippers......

There's bigger problems in the World than Nail Clippers, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Bin Ladden a brew'n

Julian Assange has a Web Site, and he's going to use it !

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

That is a word for word translation of the Coast to Coast am caller on Ian Punnet's show on Non-Conformity
Saturday November 27, 2010 with Chris Guillebeau. Amazing!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

That is exactly what I am saying. My father became a police officer after he got out of the Marines. He found more corruption there in our local law enforcement than in our military. He pulled over a judge in Cleveland Ohio for a DUI. When he got back to the precinct, they told him it never happened and tore up the ticket. That judge went on to be Governor of Ohio.What should he have done there? Held up the constitution? Arrested them all? He has seen more evil and corruption within our own government at all levels. He quit by the way. He gave up government as a career because of the corruption.

No, I do not think that a good soldier should just bow before the elite and do whatever is ordered of him/her, but in reality, they (for the most part) think they are doing it for country. And not only that, be in the service and disobey a direct order. See how life treats you then.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What a great thread.

And if they think that the average soldier can't use an UNLOADED gun to take over control of a plane, then they must think that the military is in a very bad state.

A soldier with a solid metal "club" (unloaded gun) can do major damage.

What the h did they think he was going to do with nail clippers that he couldn't do with his rifle? Why did they get searched again after sitting in a holding area?

Red Tape at its finest.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't feel too bad for the TSA workers. They're helping tyranny advance.
Also the enemy of the U.S. is in Washington D.C.,

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

That is what the M.I.A.C. Report is really about, returning soldiers and 2nd amendment truthers. We are all the terrorist people, WAKE UP! This is a disgrace.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow, that is truly pathetic. Hilarious story, S&F. I can't believe how ignorant some people are... they're so... it just... MAKES HULK ANGRY!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Let us not forget that Big Sis has already put these folks on some list somewhere in all probability.
I would hope that most of us here can remember the DHS report a while back that named our returning Vets as potential "home grown" terrorists. Yes TERRORISTS. The Govt. is terrified of these solders returning home and using their training against them. Terrified that they've given training to people who may return from war only to discover that they might like to put their skills to use to change this (US) regime. I don't have a link handy but you can search it out right here at ATS.
Our Vets have been thanked with suspicion, neglect, bureaucracy and broken promises. No wonder they are chief among groups watched by the "THEM". Look into it and draw your own conclusions. Please.

STH

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

"...of course, this was all back in 2003, or so..."

IN YOUR POST!!

Sheesh, people!! Calm down! Get a sane grip.

I don't know how many "security screeners" are still idiots in other countries, right now, nor the rules (but you can certainly access them, online, I would think)....but you CAN deal with it!!

Post from page #1:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
IM REALLY MAD NOW TSA lets their piliots go through with no check points wihy the heck not our soldiers who come home for fighting our freedom and they come home to this #! Not right time to let them go we need to do something people i dont know what! im so upset!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Jesus H. Christ almighty. That is #ing ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hello Oracle. Yup, that about sums it up. Imagine being gone for over 15 years!
It is like walking into a different dimension, something out of George Orwell's1984.
I'm a Veteran of the 1st Gulf War and have been gone for a long time. It all seems
like a completely different Country from when I left.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

You're a veteran of "Desert Storm"??? (The "first" gulf war)??

Well, I happen to know another "veteran" of that conflict....he was in the Navy, then. On the Kennedy.

He is HERE, in the U.S. Has been for over a decade. He is 43 years old, now.

You telling us that YOU have NOT been back on U.S. soil for FIFTEEN YEARS????

I do not buy it.......

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

We are being boiled like frogs. The restriction of freedoms start out small, then get more and more noticeable. Nobody fights it, because it just keeps getting piled on us, bit by bit.

Eventaully, we'll have our license plates scanned at every corner, we'll have chips in all our clothes...and nobody is ever going to do anything about it, because we're being told it's for our "own good."

How about this: Fly at your own risk. Drive at your own risk. Live at your own risk.

I liked that better.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I remember coming home in uniform back in '04. The tools in the TSA made us take our boots off. I was livid. At chicago O'hare I got into an arguement about a lighter they wanted to confiscate. Which ended up me talking bad to TSA agent and the supervisor coming. Moving to Alaska or Canada and living near a rural community, in the middle of nowhere. Sounds better to me everyday. What is the tipping point finally gonna be? or is there not one?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Can you imagine a plane load of soldiers and the TSA guy said he could take over a plane with nail clippers. The funny part of this is that it is likely everyone of those guys could take over a plane unarmed with their martial skills and what ever weapons at hand were on the plane. They would not need nail clippers.

They ARE weapons. This is one reason I do not fly any longer. I would not be able to submit to stupid. If I could I would likely still be in the military or government service. I quit them because I realized that we were all just tools for evil men to profit from war. I would have no more of it. Now I can not fly because I am a weapon. When a warrior has honed his skills and his mind for decades it is just very hard to submit to some stupid sap who is clueless to what this nation has become in the past several decades.

I work in cancer treatment so I know that radiation damage is cumulative. Those who say it is harmless have not done their homework. If one of the TSA goons groped my crotch I would react. Not because I wanted to but because I am trained too. It would take all my concentration to allow the groping and it is just not worth it to fly.

I am not willing to risk going to jail for breaking some poor guys wrist or arm because he was doing his job in the way he was told. It would land me in jail and him in the hospital. It is not worth the risk of jail or injury to fly any longer. It upsets me because I love to travel and have not visited all of the places I would like to and my business often requires it. I am managing to drive everywhere so far but I just hope enough people feel the way I do that the airlines will force the administration to back down on this invasive touching or scanning for the good of the airline industry.

With the current administration's complete and total lack of business credentials I am not confident they have enough of a clue or sense to understand what they are doing will backfire and injure the industry they are trying to protect.

edit on 5-12-2010 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Make sure you tell your military buddy that not only is our government completely insane and putting their hands down everybody's pants while also putting people in the x-ray death machines that will give you skin cancer BUT our government had to ADMIT that they LET the xmas day underwear on the plane with the explosives as a covert op! They got busted for their black operation when an Alex Jones fan saw the security officer TELL the gate agent to get the drugged out bomber on the plane without a passport! You can't make up evil like this but it's all true! Our government did 911, OKC and every terror op in the last 10 years! It's all coming out now and our military officers are waking up more each day. I thank God that this information is going more mainstream every day. Nobody believes their CIA newspapers or TV anymore!

It's time to take back our government!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopthathurts
Let us not forget that Big Sis has already put these folks on some list somewhere in all probability.
I would hope that most of us here can remember the DHS report a while back that named our returning Vets as potential "home grown" terrorists. Yes TERRORISTS. The Govt. is terrified of these solders returning home and using their training against them. Terrified that they've given training to people who may return from war only to discover that they might like to put their skills to use to change this (US) regime. I don't have a link handy but you can search it out right here at ATS.
Our Vets have been thanked with suspicion, neglect, bureaucracy and broken promises. No wonder they are chief among groups watched by the "THEM". Look into it and draw your own conclusions. Please.

STH

Your exactly right. That was a big damn slap in the face when that report came out. It wasn't long after Obama was elected. Everytime I see one of these morons in power talk about the military, and how thankful they are. It makes me want to vomit. Crap like that report wouldn't come out if they were truly thankful. They are scared of the military, and vets ability to stop there radical plans.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
while i cant say this exact story is true (some doubted it earlier), i can say this kinda stuff does happen. happened to me everytime i came back. plane full of soldiers, with weapons, and tsa goes nuts over multi tools and nail clippers. many of us just had that "you gotta be the dumbest..." look on our faces when the tsa guys would start up. my personal gripe is having to take off our boots. thats just salt in a paper cut annoying. (takes a bit to lace up boots and get your pants tucked right.) on one trip we had a cool guy that found a gerber on one of the mechanics (he forgot it cause he carried all the time). the agent just took it, said "its my job, sorry", then slipped it to the 1sg so the mechanic could get it back.

while it annoyed me then, i still kept it in mind that the guy was just following orders, and i knew that sometimes that meant doing dumb things.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by RedBird

"...of course, this was all back in 2003, or so..."

IN YOUR POST!!

Sheesh, people!! Calm down! Get a sane grip.

I don't know how many "security screeners" are still idiots in other countries, right now, nor the rules (but you can certainly access them, online, I would think)....but you CAN deal with it!!

Post from page #1:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still towing the line I see. The item in the bottom left of the photo attached was removed from my girlfriend's bag on her last flight, it looks really dangerous I know, well at least their unpaid fanboys will tell you it is. It's STILL happening Weedwhack, you can lie or deny, but you're wrong. OS crusaders will lie forever if it fits in with the furtherance of their agenda it seems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join