It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier: "What happened to OUR country while we were gone?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by TheOracle

I consider this VERY VERY good.

Why?

Because these guys and gals are Americans and they are getting a BIG taste of the trashing of our Constitution. The Constitution they are sworn to uphold. Remember they owe allegiance to the Constitution and NOT to the President or Congress. The President may be the Supreme Commander but he does not own their loyalty.

This may be a major blunder on the power mongers part especially if they are planning to declare Martial law in the near future.

In time of war, the Constitution is null and void per CONgress.......and I quote...

Congressman Beck had this to say about the War Powers Act:

"I think of all the damnable heresies that have ever been suggested in connection with the Constitution, the doctrine of emergency is the worst. It means that when Congress declares an emergency there is no Constitution. This means its death....But the Constitution of the United States, as a restraining influence in keeping the federal government within the carefully prescribed channels of power, is moribund, if not dead. We are witnessing its death-agonies, for when this bill becomes a law, if unhappily it becomes law, there is no longer any workable Constitution to keep the Congress within the limits of its constitutional powers." - Congressman James Beck in Congressional Record 1933

The following are excerpts from the Senate Report, 93rd Congress, November 19, 1973, Special Committee On The Termination Of The National Emergency United States Senate. They were going to terminate all emergency powers, but they found out they did not have the power to do this so guess which one stayed in, the Emergency Act of 1933, the Trading with the Enemy Act October 6, 1917 as amended in March 9, 1933.

"Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency....Under the powers delegated by these statutes, the President may: seize property; organize and control the means of production; seize commodities; assign military forces abroad; institute martial law; seize and control all transportation and communication; regulate the operation of private enterprise; restrict travel; and, in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens."

"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all of their lives under emergency rule. For 40 (now 63) years, freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency....from, at least, the Civil War in important ways shaped the present phenomenon of a permanent state of national emergency." - Senate Report, 93rd Congress, November 19, 1973

Just so you now know the real truth and the treason commited by ALL those in CONgress!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Before you go feeling bad for the poor lil ol TSA agents keep in mind that if they would refuse to obey rediculous orders then none of this would be possible. The only way out of this mess is for everyone to STOP!!!!!
Lest anyone think that our Military wouldn't turn on us and enforce whatever sort of Draconian laws they were told to, look at the piss ant High School Drop out minimum wage makin' Fat and out of shape TSA!!! These guys don't have a fraction of the training/ brainwashing that the military does.

What do you think is going to happen when the Marines are ordered to do road blocks, enforce curfues, house to house "security checks"? I'm sure that in a perfect world they would refuse orders but this aint a perfect world in case no one has noticed and if you doubt what I am saying then take one more look at how willing these POS are to take away your pride,dignity,and liberty.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Not ! only has the whit, this week , tested my bladder ,and my cleaning coffee, off the monitor ,SKILLs, keeping them in them check!

OMG, this post made me ..LOL so hard , coffee,shot out my nose , my tear duct, and my mouth,all ,with so much force , that I Peed my self , and I swear , for a second,..I felt a lil turd try to come out!!

So thanks for completely destroying my office this morning.

I am just saying.

S&F for you
edit on 4-12-2010 by controlled chaos because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2010 by controlled chaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I would not be so sure of that. Many of the veterans I know are getting really sick of this mess. I don't know what it will take, but there is a reason they have us on watch lists.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Good god. WHYYYYY???? Why is our country becoming so comically tyrannical? Is there no sanity left in this world?!

THERE IS NO SANITY!

If msm would report on all this inanity, people would sure as **** revolt. I swear. Take the multi tool and the nail clippers from our soldiers who are carrying rifles and pistols??? This must be some ridiculous nightmare. This can't even be real.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Should have pointed the M4 at his head and said want to bet I don't have bullets? Now hand over those nail clippers.... Would love to see the expression on the TSA monkeys face at that

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

....If people would only understand that WE give the government/corporation the authority they "believe" they have. It is only the authority to legislate FOR us....

That is why the constitution gave us the RIGHT to a trial by jury AND gave the jury the RIGHT to declare a law null and void!
That is why the government schools DO NOT TEACH this in school. That is WHY the news media is lambasting the Fully informed jury movement.

What lawyers & judges won't tell you about juries

The fully informed jury movement has been in the news and the subject of badly misinformed journalism. The following article, which appeared in the Progressive Review in 1990, explains this important issue:

William Penn may have thought he had settled the matter. Arrested in 1670 for preaching Quakerism, Penn was brought to trial. Despite Penn's admitting the charge, four of the 12 jurors voted to acquit. The judge sent the four to jail "without meat, drink, fire and tobacco" for failing to find Penn guilty. On appeal, however, the jurors' action was upheld and the right of juries to judge both the law and the facts -- to nullify the law if it chose -- became part of British constitutional law.

It ultimately became part of American constitutional law as well, but you'd never know it listening to jury instructions today almost anywhere in the country. With only a few exceptions, juries are explicitly or implicitly told to worry only about the facts and let the judge decide the law. The right of jury nullification has become one of the legal system's best kept secrets.

Now a remarkable coalition has sprung up to challenge this secrecy as undemocratic, unconstitutional and dangerous.....

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Around 2002-2003 things changed slowly, with (amazingly) even a few glimpses of sanity...BUT, that story is tossing fuel into a fire that is burning merrily enough already, and provoking faux outrage. AND, deflects focus from the actual problem which should be the inappropriate "enhanced" pat-downs....

WW, I'm in Australia and I flew last week..
Here Nail Clippers are still BANNED in carry on bags..They can be checked in with luggage though..
And Australia hasn't got body scanners, yet....
Maybe some TSA agents didn't get the memo..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
As a Marine, I was trained to kill with my bare hands - not braggin', just sayin'. I wonder how long it will be before military personnel will be handcuffed before being allowed to board an aircraft.

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hrm..do not laugh about the nail clipper..In Bristol (UK) I had to break off the nail file-bit of it before I was able to enter the plane..stupidest part? the rather serrated broken end of it was much sharper than the whole un-broken file-bit...Yet, I could board anyways.. UK AND the US have lost their collective marbles in a bout of Uber-paranoia, it seems..
edit on 12/4/2010 by diakrite because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
Hrm..do not laugh about the nail clipper..In Bristol (UK) I had to break off the nail file-bit of it before I was able to enter the plane..stupidest part? the rather serrated broken end of it was much sharper than the whole un-broken file-bit...Yet, I could board anyways.. UK AND the US have lost their collective marbles in a bout of Uber-paranoia, it seems..

lol, yep crazy huh..
I fly a LOT..Just after 9/11 they did take nail clippers and such away from us..Still do here in OZ..
Early on I did point out to security that it was a bit pointless considering I was given a nice shiny steak knife with my meal onboard the plane. These later changed to plastic..

Also, the duty free in many airports were still selling anything you'd need, including swords..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
As a Marine, I was trained to kill with my bare hands - not braggin', just sayin'. I wonder how long it will be before military personnel will be handcuffed before being allowed to board an aircraft.

/sarcasm

Indeed,

Do they even realize what an ex-military policemen can do to those wanna-be coppers with just a short piece of blunt wood. Handcuffs and foot-cuffs for sure, if they had it their way.

I wasn't trained to kill with my bare hands though. That honour goes to You, the marines. I just learned to inflict masses of pain in a very short time to subdue a suspect, all I need is a working thumb....

Agree totally!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Also, the duty free in many airports were still selling anything you'd need, including swords..

Ah, You found out that too. I would looove to see the faces of the custom guys if I put a sharpened flamberge on the conveyor to be checked in as "hand luggage"

edit on 12/4/2010 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It is all theater for the purpose of indoctrination people. They don't care about the supposed threats. Their actions prove that beyond any possible doubt.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
It is all theater for the purpose of indoctrination people. They don't care about the supposed threats. Their actions prove that beyond any possible doubt.

Ohh most people have little doubt that is true..
It's a fact that all this security would NOT have prevented 9/11..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I totally agree with you but that still doesn't make it any less true. I also believe that when our fellow americans enlist, they do so with no ill-intent, to serve their country. Unfortunately those in control have a different definition as to what it means to be a good soldier. My father was a Marine, Force Recon. His father, a pilot in the Air Force. My son-in-law, a member of the 101rst Airborne and my nephew is a Marine and they all joined because they wanted to serve their country. To ensure the safety of their loved ones and others. My father was involved in many black-op type situations and did things that would by most standards be seen as bowing before the elite. But he was a good soldier and did what he was told.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

But he was a good soldier and did what he was told.

I'm sure all your family are loyal soldiers and believe in what they are doing..
But, should a soldier do what he is told even if they believe it is not right??

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by cloudwatcher

But he was a good soldier and did what he was told.

I'm sure all your family are loyal soldiers and believe in what they are doing..
But, should a soldier do what he is told even if they believe it is not right??
That is the question. While I know of many who would not, I don't know about the rest. What they need to remember is their oath.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

The primary duty is to the Constitution. Disobeying unlawful orders is required under the UCMJ.

The Court of Military Appeals held that "the justification for acts done pursuant to orders does not exist if the order was of such a nature that a man of ordinary sense and understanding would know it to be illegal."
So any order given that violates the Constitution or the various laws of the land would be unlawful. If the troops keep that in mind, we should be ok.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

We can hope but reality doesn't show it..
Many acts by soldiers under orders have been against the constitution...
They dissarmed innocent civilians during Katrina, in their own homes...
There are many many more examples where soldiers have followed orders, not their oath..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

i love to give a good glove slap lol...but it has to be leather ...you just dont get the same effect with woolen ones

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join