It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PayPal cuts Wikileaks access for donations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

PayPal cuts Wikileaks access for donations

www.bbc.co.uk

The online payments processor, PayPal, says it has cut access for donations to the whistle-blowing website Wikileaks.

PayPal said its payment service cannot be used for activities "that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity".

Wikileaks' latest releases - of US diplomatic cables - has caused considerable embarrassment to the US and its allies, correspondents say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Paypal, deciding what constitues illegal activity is one thing.

Paypal decrying someone else for practicing illegal activity is another.

"Pot calling the kettle black" methinks. It is well known that Paypal was funded by mafia money initially - with significant amounts of mafia money further laundered through its' accounts. For Paypal to then CUT access to Wikileaks in terms of donations is just farcical and ridiculous.

The criminal bankster scum at Paypal should be stopped, I think it is night time we boycotted them instead. Cut off THEIR supplies of money (from legit sources anyway).

I still can't believe what leverage the U.S. government has on this - in fact, I don't think they're the main enemy here. I maintain consistently that the banks have more to fear from Wikileaks than any other - and it is them that are behind these consistent attacks on Wikileaks and Assange.

Rev.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Join this Facebook page people!

Facebook Paypal boycott page

You can act on your anti-bankster beliefs for once...

Rev.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Paypal joining in the CYA!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is good - the more organisations that turn their back on Wikileaks, the more we get to see who the 'bad guys' are.

Rev.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm going to close my account with Paypal and Amazon, and I will be telling them why.

second

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I'm going to close my account with Paypal and Amazon, and I will be telling them why.

second

Good on you! That's exactly the sort of affirmative action we all need to take.

Rev.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"Pot calling the kettle black" methinks. It is well known that Paypal was funded by mafia money initially - with significant amounts of mafia money further laundered through its' accounts. For Paypal to then CUT access to Wikileaks in terms of donations is just farcical and ridiculous.

The criminal bankster scum at Paypal should be stopped, I think it is night time we boycotted them instead. Cut off THEIR supplies of money (from legit sources anyway).

I still can't believe what leverage the U.S. government has on this - in fact, I don't think they're the main enemy here. I maintain consistently that the banks have more to fear from Wikileaks than any other - and it is them that are behind these consistent attacks on Wikileaks and Assange.

Rev.

www.bbc.co.uk

Yep, as many have alrealdy pointed out on ATS, the furore grew exponentially and got really, really nasty when WL said their next big release would be about the banks. The banksters are the ones controlling our world, and they are out to get WL by any and all means before those docs are leaked. Frankly, IMO they have NO chance of stopping it. .

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Daniel Ellsberg's call to boycott Amazon.

www.antiwar.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I recieved a "backdoor" addy for Wikileaks the other day and found a postal address where donations can be sent, here it is for anyone who cares to donate:

WikiLeaks
(or any suitable name likely to avoid interception in your country)
BOX 4080
Australia Post Office - University of Melbourne Branch
Victoria 3052
Australia

However, I will not post the actual backdoor addy as it may get me in a heap of trouble from the mods here and/or others who could possibly destroy the addy! If you want it, U2U me and I'll contemplate the request lol! Seriously though, this is the only way I have been able to get to the site for a couple days now and it would be quite a shame if this access was taken away!

Side note: there have been NO new posts on the site since November 28, only twitter comments!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Now the tyrants are acting like tyrants and it is plain to see for everyone.
It is gratifying to see them impotently thrashing about for a change.

Truth is treason in the Empire of Lies. — Ron Paul

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Nice contribution mate - I think you've taken the right approach there.

Loving the Ron Paul quote lower down the page as well!

Rev.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If i was wikileaks, i would release everything they have now. I just have a feeling that these government criminals will almost do anything to halt this.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Paypal is a privately owned company...frankly, they can deny you service if they don't like your hair style.
I often wonder why there is no real competition to them online...they have a considerable amount of rules as to who can and cannot use their service when you read into it..all of it being moral based verses any law...this is not a suprise as they are..for some reason...a family oriented business verses a neutral money exchange service.

I don't want moral judgement from my money transfer service! Paypal needs strong competition

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I've just emptied my PaPal account and will close it as soon as the funds are in my bank account.

I also closed my Amazon account.

This is a great opportunity for people to use the power we sometimes forget we have.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I just had a cynical thought: even if boycotts hurt these companies, the Fed will just bail them out.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

I must say that Pay Pal will take advantage of any situation to steal some money. This does not surprise me at all. Regardless of the Wikileaks situation, many are taking advantage of this situation to either steal money as in this case or kick them from their servers due to businesses not being able to act objective and fall prey to big bro manipulation.
Free country? America is not free anymore.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Smack

True that

second

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Rev.

www.bbc.co.uk

??? huh ???

Paypal Mafia was just a nickname given to the guys who helped fund it. It must not be well known because i cant find any evidence of what you said

And as another poster mentioned paypal can refuse service to anyone at anytime, just like any other business

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I don't want moral judgement from my money transfer service! Paypal needs strong competition

Paypal does have competition like Moneybookers, western union etc. etc.

But the problem is that majority of online businesses use paypal for transactions as it's more 'trustworthy' and 'reliable'.And unfortunately paypal is the top dog at the moment.

It's like search engines, people tend to use google more than yahoo or Ask.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join