It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE PLANET SIGHTING 10 YEARS AGO.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hello, sorry for the over-dramatic title. I'd just like everybody to visit this topic and give an opinion or perhaps an answer.

I'm about to reveal something i saw 10 years ago, give or take. Chances are you'll think i was dropped on my head as a baby, or perhaps i'm here to gain attention. That's fine. I don't blame you. You can take my encounter any which way you like.

So let's get straight to it. I'll try and KISS.

Time & Location: 1998-2000 Australia

During a late summer night playing outside with a friend. For some odd reason i gazed up to the clear night sky. For just a split second, i saw it... I saw a massive planet-sized object (this is where you raise an eye-brow and leave the thread). It vanished as quickly as it appeared. I asked my friend if he saw it, but no luck. I went inside and told my parents, and i got the usual "oh that's cool dear, now come help me do the dishes". So after doing some chores, i turned on the TV. Behold... the Late night news was on and the reporter was saying something about Shooting Stars that just happened to enter our atmosphere a moment ago.

For 10+ years i've kept this mostly to myself, and havn't dared mention this to anybody else in fear of rejection and embarrassment. Why have i decided to open up now? I guess having nothing to lose anymore and probably all this "ending of the world" discussions flying around everywhere.

Now, i know the difference between a shooting star and a planet. I see scores of shooting stars every year and none have come close to what i saw on that night. It wasn't a reflection from a street lamp. It wasn't my eye playing tricks on me in the dim light. It wasn't a flash in the sky. It wasn't my mind creating/evolving an image in my head over time either... I've always held a suspicion that the News report was some sort of cover-up as well.

Luckily for you, the image has stayed etched into my mind since that very night. So please enjoy and laugh out loud at what i have to show you. It's my photoshop attempt btw.
i604.photobucket.com...

Now don't go thinking i'm a Nibiru freak, because i'm not. Also, the reason i posted this here and not in another part of the forum, is because i rather the professionals take a look at it and give an honest opinion on what it was as if what i saw on that night could have some truth to it.

Thank you.
edit on 4-12-2010 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Great story, when you say planet like object what colour was it and how big was it compared to looking up and seeing the moon. Could it have been the ISS that can look very spectacular.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That is certainly an interesting rendition of the planet by the artist.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It could have been anywhere from the current size of the moon to three times larger. I'm sorry i don't remember the size exactly, just the apperance. Did you take a look at my photoshop description of it?

And i don't know what the ISS is, i'll do a quick Google check.

Edit: No it wasn't the ISS.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
It could have been anywhere from the current size of the moon to three times larger. I'm sorry i don't remember the size exactly, just the apperance. Did you take a look at my photoshop description of it?

And i don't know what the ISS is, i'll do a quick Google check.

Edit: No it wasn't the ISS.

International space station, but I doubt that would look as big as a planet..
Maybe was a ufo

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Nope, wasn't a UFO. It was a stationary planet-looking object that just appeared and vanished within a second.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Were you under the influence of anything at that time of 'sighting'. I mean no disrespect but it is a legitimate question to ask.

Could it have been your mind playing a trick on you because if that 'object' was really THAT big... in all logic, thousands of people would have seen it in a very wide spread area around your location at that time.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pipconvert
Were you under the influence of anything at that time of 'sighting'. I mean no disrespect but it is a legitimate question to ask.

Could it have been your mind playing a trick on you because if that 'object' was really THAT big... in all logic, thousands of people would have seen it in a very wide spread area around your location at that time.

I understand and that's a great question, but no i wasn't under the influence of anything at the time. I guess it's totally possible my mind was playing a trick on me, but then explain the Late News Report. The coincidence is too great.

Yes i have also wondered if anybody else saw it. Maybe they did and they held it to themselves like i did for so many years. Or perhaps no one saw it. It did appear and dissapear within a second. Not to mention the planet wasn't exactly a fluro pink. I just happened to look at the exact spot at the exact moment.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You say it appeared and then vanished within in instant.

How can you be certain it was stationary ?

Either way, I didn't see it, so I can only be of third party opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Very interesting, but I think we can rule out that it was an actual planet. It would have been seen by more people, would have had all sorts of gravitational effects on our planet, wouldn't just appear and disappear and so forth.

Considering the news report about shooting stars, I'd hazard a guess that one shooting star headed directly towards you and burst in mid-air. This would explain why no-one else saw it, why it only lasted a second and why it didn't look like any other shooting stars you've seen, since it's quite the rare event.

Also, are you sure it happened during the summer? Memories can get things mixed up, especially if they're 10 years old. And looking at the detail of your picture I'm thinking your brain has been adding things to your memory over time. I'm asking because a thin layer of ice crystals in the upper atmosphere can create some puzzling and spectacular light shows, but this is more likely during the winter. See this picture for example:

That kinda looks like a planet AND can disappear quickly (this is a daytime picture, but such things can happen at nights as well).
edit on 4/12/10 by Symer because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
You say it appeared and then vanished within in instant.

How can you be certain it was stationary ?

Either way, I didn't see it, so I can only be of third party opinion.

Well i can't be certain, but from the time it appeared and vanished. It remained the same, in terms of size and appearance. So i assume it wasn't moving.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think Symers answer is the most logical considering in was over 10 yrs ago etc. Planets wouldn´t just appear either. Thousands of people would have been looking in the same direction as you at that moment. Have you ever considered it to be something that might not of happened yet. It could be something that may happen in the future ?.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symer
Very interesting, but I think we can rule out that it was an actual planet. It would have been seen by more people, would have had all sorts of gravitational effects on our planet, wouldn't just appear and disappear and so forth.

Considering the news report about shooting stars, I'd hazard a guess that one shooting star headed directly towards you and burst in mid-air. This would explain why no-one else saw it, why it only lasted a second and why it didn't look like any other shooting stars you've seen, since it's quite the rare event.

Also, are you sure it happened during the summer? Memories can get things mixed up, especially if they're 10 years old. And looking at the detail of your picture I'm thinking your brain has been adding things to your memory over time. I'm asking because a thin layer of ice crystals in the upper atmosphere can create some puzzling and spectacular light shows, but this is more likely during the winter. See this picture for example:

That kinda looks like a planet AND can disappear quickly (this is a daytime picture, but such things can happen at nights as well).
edit on 4/12/10 by Symer because: typo

I agree it not being a planet, it's utter lunacy...But that's what i saw.

It could very well have been a shooting star that headed directly towards me bursting in mid-air. It does add up. However i still remember seeing what i saw that night clear as day. It was a dark planet with rivers of fire and plumes of smoke.

It was during Summer give or take a month or two. The friend i was with only visits my house during this time, and i remember wearing a sleeveless T with shorts.

What i saw resembled nothing like that picture.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
Have you ever considered it to be something that might not of happened yet. It could be something that may happen in the future ?.

I hope not...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Being from Australia and feeling some sort of communal connection i would like to share my experiences.

First and formost at the time prior to my introduction into the questionable i had not experienced anything untowards in relation to ET activity.... until the age of 14/15. It was 1989/90 and i was walking home alone from a friends house.

All of a sudden, for 1-3 seconds max the street was lit like daylight, with a pink tinge to it ( no sound whatsoever). And then it was dark again. Let me just say it was the middle of summer and there were no clouds in the sky as i remember staring at the stars and obsreving the sky thinking about the certainties of other life being somewhere out there ( As i often did and still do ). Obviously i freaked and sprinted approx 2 k's home.

To this day i still dont know or can explain what i experienced, only to say it was very abnormal.

Any thoughts ?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

For just a split second, i saw it... I saw a massive planet-sized object

How did you determine the size?

Now, i know the difference between a shooting star and a planet. I see scores of shooting stars every year and none have come close to what i saw on that night. It wasn't a reflection from a street lamp. It wasn't my eye playing tricks on me in the dim light. It wasn't a flash in the sky. It wasn't my mind creating/evolving an image in my head over time either...

How do you know?

I've always held a suspicion that the News report was some sort of cover-up as well.

Why?

Luckily for you, the image has stayed etched into my mind since that very night. So please enjoy and laugh out loud at what i have to show you. It's my photoshop attempt btw.
i604.photobucket.com...

I agree with a previous poster who noted the curious amount of detail you've been able to "retain." I also find it strange that you can purportedly recall the object in such pristine detail, and even claim to remember what you were wearing, yet the closest you can get to a time is "during Summer give or take a month or two." You don't even tell me what direction you were facing.

I agree it not being a planet, it's utter lunacy...But that's what i saw.

If you agree it wasn't a planet (because, yes, that's nuts for all kinds of physical reasons), then can you agree that Ockham's Razor suggests you saw something else and just misinterpreted it, perhaps subconsciously adding detail over time?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hey Dino, thank you for taking an interest and asking some good questions. Btw your avatar is awesome.

Originally posted by UndeadDinosaur
How did you determine the size?

Well, the very appearance of it looked like a planet in the distance. The surface, everything about it suggested so. If you were in my shoes during that event, you would agree in an instant.

How do you know?

It couldn't have been my eyes. I didn't blink. I was staring at the sky for a few seconds prior to the object appearing, and i didn't move before or duing the sighting. My description of the event has stayed with me ever since it took place. "A dark planet, rivers of fire, dark plumes of smoke" The following is what i've been saying every night before bed so i'd never forget the image and event that took place that night.

Why?

I don't trust everything the media says. Besides what i saw and what the reporter said, didn't match up. Like i said before, a planet & a shooting star are two very different things.

I agree with a previous poster who noted the curious amount of detail you've been able to "retain." I also find it strange that you can purportedly recall the object in such pristine detail, and even claim to remember what you were wearing, yet the closest you can get to a time is "during Summer give or take a month or two." You don't even tell me what direction you were facing.

The mind, brain whatever you want to call it is a mysterious thing. It chooses what to remember and how well it remembers it. I don't expect you to fully understand, but when you experience something like the following. It impacts your very life in such a way... It's unforgettable. The reason i still remember it's exact appearance is simple. After the encounter, i quickly scribbled down the event and what i saw. Then locking it away in a safe (don't ask me why, it just felt precious to me). Plus at a young age, writing a full analysis report and every exact detail is somewhat foreign to me... By the way. The direction i was facing.... It was Up.

If you agree it wasn't a planet (because, yes, that's nuts for all kinds of physical reasons), then can you agree that Ockham's Razor suggests you saw something else and just misinterpreted it, perhaps subconsciously adding detail over time?

I know what i saw. The detail over time was written down literally 30mins after the event took place, and i've been reciting what i've seen every night before bed. It's my word against yours in the end, resulting in a never-ending cycle of arguments and opinions. A perfectly natural process. Something i've learned to accept.

But please, if you could think of what i'm saying as the truth... for just a moment! How is what i saw possible? What would make it possible? This is what i'm trying to uncover.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGRESSION
Being from Australia and feeling some sort of communal connection i would like to share my experiences.

First and formost at the time prior to my introduction into the questionable i had not experienced anything untowards in relation to ET activity.... until the age of 14/15. It was 1989/90 and i was walking home alone from a friends house.

All of a sudden, for 1-3 seconds max the street was lit like daylight, with a pink tinge to it ( no sound whatsoever). And then it was dark again. Let me just say it was the middle of summer and there were no clouds in the sky as i remember staring at the stars and obsreving the sky thinking about the certainties of other life being somewhere out there ( As i often did and still do ). Obviously i freaked and sprinted approx 2 k's home.

To this day i still dont know or can explain what i experienced, only to say it was very abnormal.

Any thoughts ?

This experience was also my debut into the unexplained. Good story btw, would have been freaky to say the least.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

But please, if you could think of what i'm saying as the truth... for just a moment! How is what i saw possible? What would make it possible? This is what i'm trying to uncover.

I believe you. . . . an inter-dimensional sighting comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

What was nearby? Any smokestacks, or other heat sources, within the nearest 10 miles in any direction?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join