It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokingman about to be arrested ( For strong Wikileaks support in France)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
your going to jail for supporting a group and rights to free speech? WHO IS RUNNING YOUR COUNTRY? an ingorant ape uncapable of sentient thought? A french man under-qualified to run a country?

It would seem you are living in the age of oppression, how backwards have things gone? Human stupidity knows no bounds. Then again it is hard to keep up a good cause, if the weight of the entire world is crashing down on your doorstep, many who support your cause will just sit and wait. Not doing anything, hoping thier saviour comes and saves the day.

Unfortunantly, we dont have a saviour, we killed him 2000 years ago apperntly, so the quest is up to us the people. To rally together and take a stand, no violence, but with peaceful measures.

Violence only causes more violence, fight back with words and peace, follow the words of Gandhi, he will aid you in your time of need.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
While I support the skepticism on this thread, it really doesn't matter whether this particular case is genuine or not.

It represents a fundamentally broken institution in society, which we all know is true.

Wikileaks, whether genuine or not, represents the unconscious desire of the general public to have transparency and truth.

We never know if an anonymous poster on a conspiracy forum is 100% legit, but we damn sure know when our gut tells us the world isn't as it should be.

Lately, it seems as if there are two parties:

One who sees the glass half empty...

And those who prefer to see it half full.

I fall into the latter, because it is depressing and futile to take the former stance.

I would rather die standing for what I believe, than being skeptical of a messenger of justice on my knees.

Discretion is subjective, but shooting the messenger is fruitless.

After all, it is not the messenger, but the message which galvanizes the true revolutions in society.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

sorry can you explain further?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
You are being arrested for freedom of speech!??!?!

Don't show weakness, and accept the consequences they put forth; peaceful protest is the loudest.

Scratch that! kick him square in the pelotas on national TV, he will be humiliated all through history.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
After all, it is not the messenger, but the message which galvanizes the true revolutions in society.

If Paul Revere had rode through town every Tuesday to say the British were coming though not to warn of something that has actually happened but to stress the importance of his opinion of British rule on the Colonies then when the real deal came do you think as many people would have listened?

While "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and "Chicken Little" are just children stories, they have profound lessons on how to live life without pissing off too many people.

I'm not too keen on being lied to by someone whom I share the same concerns as and who was using this thread to warn people about the police state by fabricating a story and fueling their ego at the same time. False flags should be left up to TPTB.

edit on 12/4/2010 by mistafaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The consequences cannot just be accepted, we actually can't allow people, one by one ,to be singled out and dealt with, but must stand united, and speak up against anyone being singled out, jail breaks if necessary by the thousands and millions. Say No to them, and No Means No! No casualties allowed. So names of these guys and a method to even internationally make their lives living hell is needed. And solidarity.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

TeTerrorism/and national security are being used as a means of circumventing legal process.xt

Yes, and, thus, Wikileaks.GOV is accomplishing it's task swimmingly, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
LOL @ everyone believing this story and getting riled up.

I believe the OP may be being persecuted by his own imagination.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Your right to remain silent?........

That "Amendment 5".....

BS'er,you're already screwed.

STFU.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Isn't this the guy who believes he was in contact with alien beings and even made predictions that didn't pan out. I am guessing his credibility is shot...but only for those of us who use common sense and logical thinking...he most likely has his blind believers who will believe anything he says. The blind followers who will believe any alien story no matter how ridiculous..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The recent events regarding releases of classified information demonstrates the hypocrisy of Western civilizations.

We always think that were so "open" while the Chinese and Middle Easterners are the only "oppressive" groups of people. There was a thread saying that Wikileaks is detrimental to American homeland security, yet someone releasing classified information of other countries is considered as HERO.

We're always talking things like freeing people like the Tibetians or Iraqis, yet we are the ones that are actually KILLING people. We're still setting up puppet governments all over the world and subduing people using the media.

In reality, our desire to "free" people causes further enslavement.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

You either get a warning email or message or you don't and I believe in SM.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
You just have to love the rats don’t you?

They all form protests and organizations to say aloud “I support the head rat”. What do you think will be accomplished by this? Do you honestly think any of the sleeping rats will awaken simply because you are becoming active? Don’t count on it.

You will not be arrested and any message you are trying to convey will simply be ignored it’s frivolous really.

Of course people like yourself are less than the rats, you sit by and let things happen, posting online and never doing anything else. Some of us take our protests into the real world.

This individual may be a rat by your reasoning, but you are the fleas.
edit on 4-12-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I can't believe this topic made it to the front page.
Don't any of you care that the OP is just an attention seeker?

If you believe the OP on this topic, does that mean you also believe he is in contact with aliens like he claims?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Isn't this the guy who believes he was in contact with alien beings and even made predictions that didn't pan out. I am guessing his credibility is shot...but only for those of us who use common sense and logical thinking...he most likely has his blind believers who will believe anything he says. The blind followers who will believe any alien story no matter how ridiculous..

The word nutbar comes to mind.... lol

but I don't mind nut bars if they know which side they are on. BTW you must give yourself daily enemas with boiled wasabi juice!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

You either get a warning email or message or you don't and I believe in SM.

Judging solely only on the basis of your posts on this thread, I see that you'll blindly follow anything the OP says regardless if it's even a case of "diarrhea of the mouth". I strongly would urge you to take a closer look as to who's word you are taking. Now, I want to say so as to CMA that this post isn't an attack on you but a recommendation to scrutinize more thoroughly the word of everyone, even someone you have a history with because the person making the post may not be the person you expect. It's happened to me before and I learn from such mistakes.

edit on 12/4/2010 by mistafaz because: IntastellaBurt's signiture are certainly words to live by!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Just to say thanks for mentioning wikileaks on twitter. I read the most amazing story there that has me absolutely confounded! Unbelievable that government employees cannot read anything that is leaked from wikileaks...I am truly in shock at this! What kind of government has to muzzle its own employees? What does this say about us? So thanks for your mentioning this at this group. Much appreciated!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

The Federal Government of the US put out that notice to its employees as a CYA (cover your ass) tactic so to remind them that the documents while out in the public domain are still classified or confidential in the government's own bureaucratic system.

This notice is to safeguard the Federal Government against civil law suits if they fired a Federal employee for discussing documents not meant to be discussed. Now in that situation they can say they warned their employees that they reminded them that the Wikileaks diplomatic cables are still classified so to avoid a wrongful layoff lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

This is thread is stupid.

Yes, there is evidence that wikileaks is financed by sketchy characters etc... but that isn't grounds to assume that OMG ITS TEH POWERS DAT BE!!! If a site is exposing members in government, business, banking etc.. then of course someone with power will see Wikileaks as a tool for his/her agenda and possibly use it to spread some dirt on opposition.. that doesn't make Wikileaks totally faulty.

And your evidence that Wikileaks is a source of disinfo is completely worthless. So what? Out of all the information the site provides, you come up with one article/document that DOESN'T EVEN LEAD ANYONE TO BELIEVE WIKILEAKS IS A PROVIDER OF DISINFORMATION.

BTW, I think members are taking this whole "TPTB" thing too seriously. First off, who are these Powers that Be? I see so many people accusing TPTB for every dubious world event. I think people give TPTB too much credit - yes, there are people that pull strings in this world (corrupt politicians, leaders of industry/media, etc...) but that doesn't mean they have ABSOLUTE POWER or are necessarily absolutely evil.

Wealthy, powerful people run with each other. They act in each others self interest, so yes, the little man is often screwed, but that doesn't mean they are ALL KNOWING, ALL POWERFUL, and have this perfect James Bond-villain-esque scheme to RULE THE WORLD (that involves posting disinfo about American history on a website that EXPOSES CORRUPTION).

This site is becoming increasingly stupid. I came here initiailly looking for answers, but what I found is a bunch of people that are are beyond paranoid. Y'all let fear control your life, and instead of actually living, you cower before unseen POWERS THAT BE, post on a web forum, then complain about how ppl need to STAND UP and fight for their RIGHTS! Reality check - voicing your opinions anonymously on the internet isn't going to change anything - it may bring about awareness, but awareness is simply a tool for change. Take action if y'all so afraid of THE POWERS THAT BEEEEEE *eerie music plays in background*

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi OP, I know you said that the goverment is out to arrest you but I want you to think about this for awhile. We are not you, we don't live in your brain. We don't know what you know. All that you have told us is that you're about to be arrested just because you blogged about wikileaks and you are also trying to start a revolution? (which is really commendable of you to do because you're trying to spread the truth)

But like I said, we are not you, so we only get the info you tell us and the rest to us is just but a fog. Some assume this fog to contain what they want to see and they straight up believe in you but I feel that there is more to this fog. Excuse the metaphorical usage.

If you could provide a blog post which the polices uses as a evidence of your violation of French laws and the specific law that you violated I would be very pleased to help and support your cause. I get how you feel when you try to spread the truth of something and instead get silenced by authorities. It also would be really helpful to all of us on ATS that you provide a scan of a letter (if any) sent to you by the police notifying you of a violation you committed against the law. A email would also suffice.

To people agreeing on anything without checking on backgrounds and going more in depth on a subject but simply merely taking a person's word for it is being ignorant in my humble opinion.

Anything to help us help you would be greatly appreciated. Good luck with your cause

Cheers

Yamhead

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join