It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
So,the bible states "the elements will melt" This gets me wondering. Next time we have a nuclear war,is it going to be full blown and lead to a chain reaction event where all the atom bombs go off at once?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

Hi whips,

Please try and live your life regardless.

Remember that the bible was written by a lot of different people, who were trying to translate many different languages, many years ago. So a lot of it we can't understand.

So, just go ahead, and good luck to you!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
the answer could be found if you study nuclear physics at a university most likely.
im not sure if that is a subject discussed in the bible. but you can always check your theo dept.

(answers to the future are being addressed now. therefore don't look to the past for the answers. they are all in front of your eyes. something like the bible can tell you how the sun is large, but only you can discover just how large it is.)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The bible also says there is a place in heaven for you, so don't worry about it..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
So,the bible states "the elements will melt" This gets me wondering. Next time we have a nuclear war,is it going to be full blown and lead to a chain reaction event where all the atom bombs go off at once?

By the way, you say next time we have nuclear war... When was the last time we had one?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

No, one atom bomb can not set off another..
It doesn't work like that..

But....I do believe if there is a WW111 and someone is silly enough to use nuclear weapons, then that could be the beggining of the end....

Nuclear weapons are like Minties, who can stop at one. ?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The replying posts to the OP are good answer to your negative prediction for our future. The Bible says many things - I how-ever have faith in our fellow mankind. I think we have learnt enough from our past to realize in major war there are no winners. Most people IMHP just want to get on with each other and have standard of life for them and their family. I would say that maybe 3/4´s of the world population does not want any shape or form of war, let alone a Nuclear War !. I hope the intelligence of man has become to the point of awaking where just because it´s written in scriptures doesn´t mean it had to materialize in our future.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
you could interpret that in different ways, i see it as volcanic activity are the elements not melting when lava flows?
alot of these old prophecies, bible included are full of things that could mean a variety of different scenarios.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
The replying posts to the OP are good answer to your negative prediction for our future. The Bible says many things - I how-ever have faith in our fellow mankind. I think we have learnt enough from our past to realize in major war there are no winners. Most people IMHP just want to get on with each other and have standard of life for them and their family. I would say that maybe 3/4´s of the world population does not want any shape or form of war, let alone a Nuclear War !. I hope the intelligence of man has become to the point of awaking where just because it´s written in scriptures doesn´t mean it had to materialize in our future.

True, but what you forget is that very few, less than 1%, control the world..
We don't get a say...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I don't know about the suggestion in the OP, but there is certainly a current scientific theory that nuclear war could cause, for a time, a massive depletion of the ozone layer in the atmosphere.
Compare Revelation ch16 v8; "the sun was allowed to scorch men with fire".

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

By the way, you say next time we have nuclear war... When was the last time we had one?

GOOD CALL! Beat me to it.

Snap Im glad I did not run the gun and post.

Whew, there ARE sane people amongst us..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I agree my friend I just hope the normal people of the world in that situation would listen to their hearts and not be used by this 1% to do or be involved with something they really want no part of. I want to hand a beautiful and clean world down to my children, and them to theirs. Why should we be expected to follow the small percentage of the world who are hell bent on destroying this planet which belongs to us all, in their knowledge they would be save in underground bunkers or where ever.
The people of this world should let these goverments know ! we´re not prepared and not willing to be taken into a world conflict for the greed of money, land or what-ever.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
"The elements will melt" is actually figurative language. It has nothing to do with nukes or volcanoes.

The "elements" refers not to natural structures of the planet, but is actually a reference to the social structure of society and the cultures of peoples and nations.

"Melt" is used poetically and it just means that the way of life and world systems will change and give way to a new form. Melt indicates a soft, gradual change as opposed to a sudden earth shattering event.

It will be a good thing, a better world.

edit on 4-12-2010 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

whipsandchainsamerica,

When the Lord God comes His presence will melt the elements with fervent heat. The top of the mountain of Moses went up on to get the commandments are blackened and melted sand and rock to this day from His Presense. Our God is a consuming fire.

Truthiron.

new topics

top topics

join