It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Mystical Notes That Open The 3rd Eye

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

I'm really glad that an actual music major has spoken up. Beethoven, aahh yes. Have you heard 9-beat stretch by chance? someone took the 9th symphony and stretched it out to 24 hours but used digital enhancement to retain the same notes and timbre at the correct octave, Check it out if you haven't already: www.park.nl...

I think you are right that it is arrogant to think that you have the one musical key to the world, true. But AMT has had ex-Yakuza members. I'm sure they know some esoteric things, if you follow the North Korean conflict you might find Japan is an integral part.
edit on 5-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: missing word

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Very interesting! A lot of metal/hardcore bands that I listen to use riffs and chord progressions similar to this (most of them are in either G# or C tuning). Funny thing is a lot of them talk about the same kind of stuff as we do here on ATS, be it NWO, meditation/opening your third eye, spirituality, etc...
There's a record label
called Sumerian Records that's full of heavy bands that write about conspiracy and end-times, and a lot of the low-end progressions they use seem to take my mind to a different place.

This one CD I picked up the other day called "Exoplanet" by "The Contortionist" is a story line of a future human race leaving Earth to find a new inhabitable planet, with help from the "Creator" who speaks with Earth's leader, whom he refers to as "Organism". The "Architects" construct a ship called the "Savior" and travel outside the solar system in search of other life. They play in G# so a lot of notes they use for breakdowns are variations of chord progressions that use these same exact notes!!!...but that's death-core music for you, haha. Could just be coincidence, but once you go metal you stay metal!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
Eastern mystics recently revealed to the West that secret societies have used specific repeated notes for centuries during rituals, that create a resonant frequency in the brain which naturally stimulates the pineal gland, releasing '___'.

The notes are D A G D C Gb repeated. Musicians, give it a try. I've found that it does something if repeated for a length of time.

Here's a link to the Japanese musicians that leaked this knowledge in 2008 on their album "Cometary Orbital Drive":

www.progarchives.com...

I don't understand the "recently revealed". The science of Mantras is known in Asia, for thousands of years and practiced in the Western, for many decades.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Cynic is a "spititual" band very cool fusion metal.

im very interested in this 417 hz deal..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

Trust me, I love metal. Psychedelic leads to proto-metal, to progressive, and to modern various forms of metal. Some of my favorites are Sunn 0))), Bathory, The Melvins, Earth, Immortal, Burzum, Emperor, Metallica, Megadeth, Saxon, Motorhead, Witch Finder General among others. I started a Black Metal thread that you might be interested in: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: missing word

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Recently meaning when the album was released in 2008. Before that, you would only find this type of information on message boards like ATS, and maybe in books that are unavailable in our libraries here in America.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

This is awesome, thanks for sharing. Listening to it now with my Bose headphones. It's definitely enveloping the upper rear section of my brain, I wonder what that part is called?
The whole thread is awesome! This is what makes ATS rock, threads like these.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thank you.

It's good to be accepted into the ATS community.

Humbly,

WGH~~~~

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JTime

edit on 5-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Most of this stuff has given me a headache, maybe listen to to much to long that one Alander1111 did seemed good, so was Merl.
I have always thought that there was a perfect note that would cause a higher state to occurr, but what I refer to would be a harmonic resonance that would cause the third eye, pineal to begain to vibrate.
When this '___' is present the high can be quite high, intra dimensional, outer universal travel so said.

One of the thing I believe interesting is that the sound came before the light, so it was said let there be light. Sound is very powerful, no doubt the reason they have made into a weapon, and it destroyed the walls of Jericho.

Some said you might not want to open third eye, I myself douubt it would open if you were not ready, or maybe a unnatural amount of '___' could cause it to happen.

Mantra yoga is also an example of the power of sound, again back to the vibrations.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Glad somebody posted here about Beethoven's 9th. I'm a classical composer and have studied these things for a long (heh, 40 years) time. A couple of things pop out about this discussion; I think there are several forces at work.

1. The idea that keys have meaning. Throughout the classical period, every key had a symbolic meaning, that is, it was supposed to have special properties. Here's a good page on that: biteyourownelbow.com...

D major: The key of triumph, of Hallejuahs, of war-cries, of victory-rejoicing. Thus, the inviting symphonies, the marches, holiday songs and heaven-rejoicing choruses are set in this key.

One of the reasons Beethoven's 9th is soooo powerful is that it is in D Minor/Major and uses sound with these notes to create this vast emotional phantasmagorical experience.

Some of the greatest classical pieces in the world are in D major/minor. The Mozart piano concerto in D minor is one of the most beautiful pieces ever written.

2. As another poster pointed out, the note sequence is essentially the first 7 harmonics, that is, the way musical sound works, every sound is comprised of a series of partials, en.wikipedia.org...

Musical sounds can be broken down in the energy distribution to be all integer ratios of a fundamental (the lowest note you hear in that sound). This sequence is essentially comprised of those tones. (If you treat the G like a sub-harmonic or something that resonates naturally from any musical tone). The harmonic series for D would be D1 D2 A2 D3 F#3 A C.

One interesting thing about this sequence, and the thing that it does to the '3rd eye', brain, what have you is that it creates an auditory illusion. Any time the harmonic series is sounded repeatedly, it causes the brain to mix up what note is sounding from what just sounded and all these notes are in these notes (as harmonics) so you get this auditory illusion of what is the sound and what is the note. It resonates in a way that engulfs the difference between a note and a chord. (Hope that makes sense). The brain continues to hear residual harmonics as the notes sound, creating a vaster and vaster sound field.

3. The reason that we switched from 432 to 440 wasn't any conspiracy - it was fashion. Orchestras were competing with each other and the brighter tuning one. There's been all kinds of movements, authentic instruments, authentic tunings to try and get folks to experience the original way the music was heard before the tunings changed.

A really good book, that keeps the new age handle on these things is Joscelyn Godwin's 'Harmonies of Heaven and Earth':

www.amazon.com...

Speaking of stretching Beethoven, I was probably the first composer to do that, back in 1999. Here's a YouTube of my stretched Beethoven 3rd, first 37 measures.

If anybody's curious, here's my music website:

jeffharrington.org...

Great topic! Music is a miracle and the harmonic series is the key to that miracle, IMO.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

it is definetely like chanting, try checking out SGI (Soka Gakai International) it is a buddhist group that perform chanting of "nam yo ho renge kyo". and if you chant this for a long time, especially in a large group, after about 20 mins, you can hear the resonance and the voices of everyone combine into one,

my mom has been practising this for sometime now while my uncles have been an SGI member for at least 30 years, my uncle have been explaining to us that soka gakai teaches everyone that we are in harmony with the universe and by chanting we are in sync with the good energy around us..

what strange is that, if you read the book from Rhonda Byrnes " Law of Attractions", she did mention that positive attracts positive (i.e if you keep positive thinking, apparently you will attracts the positive energy around you)

i find that there is similarity between these 2, i have been chanting but not as ardent as my mom and my uncles, but i do find that it gives you some sort of uplifting within yourself that i do not know how to explain.

SGI started in Japan, in around asia, where i come from, we do described SGI as japanese buddhism, strange isnt it ?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

MEGADETH!!!!!!! haha

All are GREAT bands that I've grown up to, although recently I've taken a liking to new age metal, hardcore, deathcore, metalcore....pretty much anything with core in it is where it's at, lol.
Stuff like Molotov Solution, Born of Osiris, The Acacia Strain, Circle of Contempt, Oceano.....Ahhh, breakdowns are awesome. Especially in G#; low, muddy, and very angry.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

I first got interested in Eastern culture when my dad gave me his copy of the Tao Te Ching, which I immediately identified with more than any Judeo-Christian religion. From there I basically got into Buddhism, read the Dhammapada, and started to think about more esoteric issues. I read The Tibetan Book of the Dead last summer, as I had been meaning to for nearly a decade. That's a mind-blowing text. Eventually I got to finding more obscure esoteric information about chanting, vibrational energy, and Hinduism, which really blew my mind even further (as if that was possible). I'm interested in harnessing the vibrational power of music as a power source. Is it possible?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

Ever heard these guys? They're the heaviest band in the Universe.
No joke.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
wonderful post. I repeated the notes on my guitar sounds like meditation music

www.4shared.com...
edit on 5-12-2010 by ram85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
reply to post by affeyee

Ever heard these guys? They're the heaviest band in the Universe.
No joke.

pretty heavy, pretty heavy... I know of some bands that can rival it. So is this music you like? What kind of music is this called? It does seem pretty heavy in the sense that if I were really into this I'd be on some kind of trip where I actually felt really really heavy and this would totally jam out.

I have a serious thing with black metal right now. speaking of melodic black metal, there is some crazy melodies in black metal... crazy. Some of makes me want to tear my own heart out. I'm convinced that if any music is capable of doing weird things to your brain, it's black metal. I love black metal. I don't even know that much about it, I just listen to it and I dig it.

So has anyone figured out if these notes are in any songs rhythm? We need to figure out if these notes are the predominant rhythm of a song that sounds decent enough to listen to repeatedly.
edit on 5-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Theoretically speaking you can't have musical scale that includes an "A" "G" and "Gb" for the flat of G and the sharp of A are the same, choose one or the other. And if you line them up in musical intervals it doesn't translate unless you're basing it on some type of chromatic and gypsy minor modes because if you line up a scale starting on D for example it would be.

1D 2E 3F# 4G 5A 6B 7C# 8D

You wouldn't say A B then A b.

The scales are organized in the sense that every letter is accounted for. If you had a Gb you couldn't include a G as well as an A either the G would be flat or the A would be Sharp.

Music theory is simple mathematics but complicated to those that don't know the formulas. If the Masons are suppose to know the Secret Teachings of All Ages then they would that the repeating patterns of D A D G C Gb (unless you're changing keys of course, but I don't believe that is the situation presented here) don't make sense according to Pythagoras which his musical doctrine is part of their "secrets."

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ram85
wonderful post. I repeated the notes on my guitar sounds like meditation music

www.4shared.com...
edit on 5-12-2010 by ram85 because: (no reason given)

that seems familiar. can you do that for about an hour straight so I can see if i can place it?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

www.facebook.com...#!/pages/New-England-Black-Metal/106231989421496?v=info

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join