It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Mystical Notes That Open The 3rd Eye

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I never could get into this "Third Eye" stuff, but if anyone is interested in purchasing an extra pair of ears, let me know!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

I saw Boris once. she has such a great amp set up. it's amazing. and also an original roland space echo unit that uses tape reels. Boris is better live than on album IMO. Glad to know you like AMT though, those guys are indeed experienced psychonauts.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Yes, Boris is so great live! Saw them with Red Sparowes. I'm curious as to the frequencies they tune to. I'd love to get a drone meditation album from them!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I prefer D3 E3 C3 C2 G2 (No-Prize for he/she who figures that one out first)

However, being an avid dream-ambient and techno fan, aaand the proud owner of quite some big synth-rigs, I know that certain combinations DO have some influence , if only to relax oneself. Even old shamans knew about the power of drones and repeated chant.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Oh wow it really is a small world. My buddy did sound for these guys' show a couple months ago and I watched them play live.

Really strange music. I definitely did not feel like '___' was being released because it didn't make me pass out and have visions of Isis, but it was very interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

Never heard of Red Sparrows, checking it out. Did you know that you can tune an amp or speaker cabinet to a certain tone as well? I believe Boris probably tunes theirs to C.
edit on 4-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If you all really want your 'third eye' opened, it is quite easy. There is a simple technique that works very good. Just do this exercise five times each morning for a week or so. I don't know that you will get any visions or see auras. I have not, but it certainly will awaken your pineal gland. You probably will only experience heightened senses and sensitivity to light and vibration. Word of warning, it will probably also give you a dull to strong headache that may not go away for weeks. This is due to our pineal glands being atrophied. So if you want a go at it, go here:

Awakening

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just played it on my acoustic, only did a couple of minutes so no tripping yet! But just from those two minutes it did seem pleasant in an unusual way.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
ugh.... it's F# not g flat.

get it right!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Haha, I'm sorry master gray, I'm still a student of music, by no means perfect. I need to go back and review some music theory. I think this is the way it's written in the liner notes though.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by JTime
reply to post by Sly1one

This post has no relation to BPM.. Were talking about frequency of harmonics not time based ?

You confuse me with your question !

Frequence is BPM.. beats per minute....a change in BPM can drastically change/alter the frequency the notes are heard in...

SlyOne, I would recommend you start learning about music, because it seems you are interested but (im not trying to be insulting here, just informative) you are clueless about actual music theory, probably because you learned to "make music" electronically on fruitloops.

"BPM" is actually referred to "tempo" among musicians, and it does not change the pitch - only in an electronic program where speeding things up (via BPM) changes the pitch.

Also, Gb and F# are the same....if you are complaining it should be one way or the other, I hope you dont ever have to sight read written music!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Also, thank you for this topic. I make "Tongue Drums" and my next one is certainly going to be a solfeggio box. Tongue drums, or slit drums, are wooden versions of the hang drum, and I can tune them to any frequency.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I got an idea...how about the musicians here write a piece of music based on these notes. We might come up with something cool.. Any takers?

Wiki

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
I got an idea...how about the musicians here write a piece of music based on these notes. We might come up with something cool.. Any takers?

Wiki

I have a better idea...how about all the artists each make their own song, and then we share them.......

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar

Wiki

I'm down.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This band is basically an homage to the band mentioned in the OP:

ovary-z.bandcamp.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

That's actually what I was intending.
Having re-read what I posed, I see how confusing I was.
Cheers. Want to set a deadline?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Also, Gb and F# are the same....if you are complaining it should be one way or the other, I hope you dont ever have to sight read written music!
Actually, they're NOT necessarily the same on fretless instruments... a violinist might finger an F# leading to a G a tiny bit sharper, or a Gb resolving to an F might be fingered a little flatter. The idea that they're the same only came in when equal temperament came to pianos and other keyboard instruments (harpsichord, etc).

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
nevermind! thanks for the lesson.
edit on 4-12-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by free_form

How would we go about constructing a group effort on this note sequence? Does anyone use Cakewalk products? I use Sonar 4. A bundled .cwp file can be easily downloaded.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join