It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've been dreaming almost exactly the same dream for the last 3 weeks. Can anyone tell me about any special signifiance to this:

I am in a public place - some sort of campground or resort but most likely a campground. There is a public shower area with restrooms and sinks and mirrors. I am approaching the sink and when I look in the mirror I see myself. In the dream, I am a boy about the age of 12 or 13 or so. I see myself at this age, not myself at that age but another person but in the dream it IS me. As I realize that I'm looking at myself, the dream ends.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated as I don't really know what to make of this.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Maybe you're dreaming about yourself at that age because something significant happened at that time and you are sort of working it out...

A you that's not you , but is you? Man that's as confusing as some of my own...I'd say that it looks different from you even though it is you because it's a metaphor for you looking at your subconscious mind. It's you , but it's different.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ha, thanks for the reply. I truly appreciate your time and effort in posting. It IS confusing alright. I see ME in the mirror and I KNOW that it's me that I see but it's a different person. It pleases me, then the dream ends. Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK
It pleases me

Could be your subconscious telling you to lighten up, be more carefree, young at heart? More like you were at age 12.

Just a guess, I have no real expertise at this.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I've had that before too. Usually in my dreams, I'm about 20 years younger than what I am, but I've had a couple of dreams where I was me, but totally different. In one dream I was a young girl in a school uniform, with really dark hair -I was a blond at the time. Another time I was an oriental man about 40ish cleaning out horse stalls, set in time that looked like 200 or 300 years ago. 3rd and last time I remember being different, I was another creature
last of my kind, bipedal, with black fur. There was no reflective surfaces in that dream, so I don't know what my face was like, which drives me nuts. I was trying to hide from humans, in a cave, because they were what killed off the others. They finally caught me, put a needle in my arm, and I woke up while I was dying in my dream.

I'm still trying to figure out those dreams, they were so memorable I don't think I even ever want to forget them. I've even thought maybe they were past lives. Although it's really weird, the dream about being not human, but thinking like me. I've got no answers other than I know how you feel, wanting to figure it out. It's so strange.

top topics

join