It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The WEALTHY Folk: THIS Is How To Live, WOO-HOO!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
To the wealthy folks, I just have to BRAG about how GREAT life is for us ex-middle-class-folks!!!!! So I will offer some insight into the normal middle-class way of life. I am so happy to at least be employed at all right now which I am EXTREMELY LUCKY to be able to say (although I literally begged for them on my knees and offered my services at no more than minimum wage (although I have a college degree and much more to offer).

First, LIFE IS GREAT!!!

I just found a way to reuse coffee grinds for 4 days straight, I finally got used to water instead of milk in my cereal, I now reuse foil, zip lock bags and paper towels. I got used to drinking water with pizza which I order after saving up 3 months worth of change to buy it!! Right now I am trying very hard to discover a way to reuse toilet paper to help the budget, but that one I am finding hard to figure out...

Now once we can get those poor poor millionaires their big tax breaks, the world will be complete. What a life, how wonderful.

I get the wonderful opportunity to work three jobs doing the duties of 5 employees at each job, to just BARELY squeak by with the BARE necessities in life, while sleeping only 4 hours a night, Never getting the chance to see my children grow up , but heck, as long as my wealthy bosses and other CEO's and millionaires everywhere can afford a brand new yacht, personal jet and exotic car every 6 months, heck, LIFE IS WONDERFUL.

And Republicans EVERYWHERE agree!!!

Isnt America just wonderful folks!!!

HOORAY FOR THE USA!!!

Good times indeed!!!!

We have you wealthy folk BEAT, this is the LIFE, ah, wonderful!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You act like most rich people just had the money handed to them on a silver platter. A lot of them were poor at one time and worked their ass off to get ahead whether by creating a business or moving up in a large corporation.

Also, don't you realize the rich already pay more than their fair share of taxes. The top 50% of wage earners pay about 97% of all federal income taxes. Do you want to take all their money.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c77d0ffe5424.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
You act like most rich people just had the money handed to them on a silver platter. A lot of them were poor at one time and worked their ass off to get ahead whether by creating a business or moving up in a large corporation.

Also, don't you realize the rich already pay more than their fair share of taxes. The top 50% of wage earners pay about 97% of all federal income taxes. Do you want to take all their money.

Well every rich person I ever seen got there from EXPLOITING others which is commonly observed to everyone of us "commoners" but never seen by the FEW like yourself who reap the rewards from the broken backs of others whom are worth WAY more than they are paid...

By the way, this has been my first break in life to reply to this thread. I have been CONSTANTLY busy EVERY minute since that thread (minus 3.5-4 Hrs daily for sleep) so thats why I am replying now.

Have you been as busy as I have?

I bet I and BILLIONS of others around the world work A THOUSAND TIMES HARDER in ONE SINGLE DAY than the wealthy have EVER WORKED IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE...

But they work for it all right? If you mean work such as exploiting others, or trampling over others than I guess thats work. If they didnt do it that way most do it by [color=skyblue]BREAKING THE RULES AND LAWS. Sad but true...

Whatever floats your boat. These CORUPT INHUMAN CROOKS DO NOT DESERVE A TAX BREAK. They deserve tighter regulations, monitoring and less rewards for the behavior. While others deserve to be BEHIND BARS.

It must be nice to have your spare time by the way...
edit on 9-12-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Now now, you know being poor is entirely YOU FAULT. I mean, if 3 jobs isnt bring home the bacon then get off your lazy backside and find a 4th! Or better yet, use your non existant money supply to EDUCATE yourself so that you to can be big wage earners like us!
I'm so tired of the working-class complaining, why cant you just accept that i need my 4 cars, my 2 house's and incredible amount of spending money. Turn on your tv and shut the hell up, you dont like it? go protest THE DEMOCRATIC WAY!

/end sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If it were not for hard working wealthy people nobody would have a job.

Use your brain OP.

How many poor people hire folks to work? The answer is none.

I paid more taxes to support our sorry government than most people make in a lifetime.

The good people that were employed by me were very happy. They got above normal wages, paid vacation, Christmas bonus that was a weeks extra pay, sick day pay even if they stayed home and went fishing, paid time off to go to doctor or other necessary things and I treated them with the greatest respect because together we made each other a decent living.

Without the wealthy there would be no factories that have unions that demand outragious wages. Without the wealthy there would be no businesses that would hire people.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I don't think rich people hire employees purely to give them money and a better way of life. The working-class are there purely to be exploited, without these people, the rich would not be rich- I don't think it's a case of vice-versa. Let's be honest, if it weren't for legislation which has improved workers conditions, a fair proportion of factories and the likes would still be ran the way they were during Victorian times- no holidays, no safety standards, etc. You just have to look at sweat-shops in Asia as a prime example. Workers are just assets which enable the rich to get richer.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
so you have to save month's worth of change to buy a pizza but you obviously can pay your ISP bill huh? Did you get the PC you used to post this with after saving for 18 years working 6 jobs?

Please man, we know it sucks NOT being rich but don't lie about the condition. It does nothing but disrespect those who TRULY have nothing.

P.S. I'm rich haha!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
If it were not for hard working wealthy people nobody would have a job.

Use your brain OP.

How many poor people hire folks to work? The answer is none.

I paid more taxes to support our sorry government than most people make in a lifetime.

The good people that were employed by me were very happy. They got above normal wages, paid vacation, Christmas bonus that was a weeks extra pay, sick day pay even if they stayed home and went fishing, paid time off to go to doctor or other necessary things and I treated them with the greatest respect because together we made each other a decent living.

Without the wealthy there would be no factories that have unions that demand outragious wages. Without the wealthy there would be no businesses that would hire people.

If it were not for hard working poor people nobody would have a job.

Use your brain dizziedame.

How can poor people hire folks to work? The answer is they can't.

Without the people there would be no workers for factories. Without the workers there would be no buisiness that would hire people.

Equals in status and salary should be able to hire each other. You ALMOST make it sound as if the wealthy hire people because they have so much money they can split the work and pay. While poor people keep all the work they can which is why they dont hire Uh.. I think its because they aren't ABLE to..

I'm glad that your a good employer, we need more like you. Like you said its all good as long as people are happy and help each other make a decent living. The op is discussing the corrupt side of employment.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jontap

Is it tad bad? Howcome you have time to type on ATS?

I have to say, it is far better here where I live. I don't work right now, so I have lots of leisure (especially when I just returned my research for review), yet I have all the stuff I could want. Gee, maybe the fantasy of richness and property have done tricks to the americans.

-v

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
so you have to save month's worth of change to buy a pizza but you obviously can pay your ISP bill huh? Did you get the PC you used to post this with after saving for 18 years working 6 jobs?

Please man, we know it sucks NOT being rich but don't lie about the condition. It does nothing but disrespect those who TRULY have nothing.

P.S. I'm rich haha!

I agree, I'm more fortunate than others, and my financial situations are unbearable, however not half as bad as the OP. However you don't know everything in the OP's life, maybe he got the comp. as a gift and he needs internet for work so that's a necessity to pay for where as pizza isn't.

With your lack of attempt to understand the OP's situation and your wonderful comment about not disrespecting and then afterwards, note that you are rich and then laugh about it? I deem you a hypocrite and ignorant.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by jontap

Is it tad bad? Howcome you have time to type on ATS?

I have to say, it is far better here where I live. I don't work right now, so I have lots of leisure (especially when I just returned my research for review), yet I have all the stuff I could want. Gee, maybe the fantasy of richness and property have done tricks to the americans.

-v

How come you didn't read the OP's second post stating that it took him 6 days to find time to get on ATS?

You state you have leisure time YET you have all that you want. The tricks done to Americans you mean is that they want a richer lifestyle than you currently have? You just said you have no job, and have leisure time and not bad off. That's what the OP wants. I don't get the logic of your last statement... Please explain? I'm almost thinking your ignorant as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thekid90

Just meant that hooray United States, hooray indeed. Yes, I am very ignorant, you cannot even imagine how ignorant I am.

-v

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
IF these wealthy were to ever read your post, they would just laugh and say "you deserve it" That is how the rich are, they don't care about you or me or anyone else outside there families.

All tax breaks are going to do is make them richer. If you notice, the tax is an income tax. The money you pay an employee is not considered part of income, instead it's an expense which get's written off most of the time.

When are we going to stand against this tyranny?

Hears to the American Spirit!
Hears to you, who fights for injustice!
Hears to those who will not give up Liberty in exchange for temporary safety!

Hears to you! now stand up for and with your neighbor!

Good post, and I agree!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jontap

Good post!

Other ways to save money:

• Get free ebooks at 4shared.com (hurry while you can)
• Get free mp3's at mp3raid.com (hurry while you can)
• I only have to take a shower every other day because I don't sweat much (unless I garden, snow blow or rake leaves). Use to take a hot soak bath every night but by showering every other day I save a lot of water
• For breakfast on Saturdays I go to the store and go around the free trial hand outs of cheese, bagels, coffee, little pizza or waffle thingies
• Make sure and keep lights off in any room you are not in or you don't need light
• Go to retailmenot.com if you need to buy something
• Ebay and Amazon both sell used books, most are under 6-7 dollars (that includes s&h). I splurge on books (used now for the most part). If you can’t afford to buy a book go to the library. Also, look up used book fairs in your area, most libraries now sell their older books once, twice a year. Also look into use book shops.
• Carpool – My husband and I own and share one medium size car that is ten years old.
• Buy and use a bicycle for short shopping runs in spring, summer and fall.
• Buy in bulk and plan out a weekly menu. I rarely eat out.
• Cut down on snacks
• One guy I serve meals to dumpster dives, he swears he gets good stuff. (I haven’t gotten that desperate yet).
• Do not buy anything on credit unless you can pay it off the minute the bill comes in. The banks are robbing us with the astronomical interests rates.
• Suze Orman’s books stress any purchase you make first ask yourself: Is this a need or a want. If it’s a want, don’t buy it.
• I very rarely take a vacation because my home is my sanctuary and paying even $50.00 a night to sleep somewhere else seems stupid when I could be sleeping in my own bed in a house I almost own. I would rather spend the $50.00 towards my mortgage principle.
• Brush and floss a couple times each day at least. Your teeth and gums can influence your heart and the rest of your body’s health.
• Eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables
• Grow your own vegetables
• While initially having a fruit tree will cost you, it is a food bearing tree and will lower your food bill in the long run. There are a lot of things you can do with a apple tree (need 2) and with the extra you can trade neighbors or sell outright.
• Sadly, our dog passed away. We would like to get another, I hate not having a dog companion, however, just like having a child, the yearly check up (until dog hits 7 than its 2 X’s a year) check-ups are expensive and if your dog (or cat) needs surgery and or medicine it can get costly. In short, we cannot afford another dog or cat.
• If you can afford a dog or cat – please please please consider adopting from a local shelter or animal rescue.
• Our dog was a purebred Shorthaired English Pointer that had perfect health until 19-20 years of age. He was a throw away, going to the pound dog that was the smartest, sweetest and perfectly potty broke. I’ve had a lot of dog companions, but he was the smartest. Again, a dog is a luxury. If you do something, do it right, dogs and cats deserve to sleep on the couch, eat really good quality food and to see a doctor just like a child, at least once a year or whenever they are sick and not face being thrown away like trash. Also spay and neuter your companions.
• If you are a senior citizen, you can get into movies, and eat out at a senior discount.
• Never buy anything full price. I got a brand new winter coat at Penney’s that was originally $70.00 marked down to 35.00 for my granddaughter.
• For Christmas I bought her two pair of ankle boots that look almost brand new for 23.98 on Ebay. (23.98 included s&h). They were clean and shiny but I super cleaned and buffed them, even the soles and my husband says they look brand new.

I am quoting this article because it will alert ATS readers as to where some of our tax paying money is going to and shows how our government is truely owned by Corporations.

To the extent possible the rich have created an entire alternative structure: they don’t fly on the same planes, their kids don’t go to the same schools, they don’t fight in the wars, they have hotels that you will never enter (can you afford 50K a night?) They live in a system parallel to that of ordinary people.

The rich must never, ever, be allowed to opt out of the shared social and economic experience. Fly first class? Sure, but not on private jets. Drive in a limo? Sure, but not fly in a helicopter avoiding congestion. Get a room to themselves in the hospital? Sure, but not jump the queue for treatment in front of anyone.

As soon as you let money allow people to avoid the queue entirely, those people with power will not care about what is happening to ordinary people anymore.

This is true of general inequality as well. Why don’t the rich take the decline of the middle class seriously? Why aren’t they extending UI? Why do they yawn about the current economic crisis? Why did they do nothing to stop it from happening when any idiot could see it coming?

Because it’s not their experience. For over 30 years they have gotten rich, rich, rich! Everyone they know who matters to them — their friends, their spouses, their mistresses and boy-toys, their children — are doing not “just fine” but gangbusters! And after the 2008 financial collapse, their wealth has rebounded and corporate profits are at near all-time highs.

Life is good, baby! There aren’t any real problems. Not for the rich. And, as George Bush so memorably said, “who cares what you think?” - Ian Welsh

Source: www.ianwelsh.net...

*** Also another guy I serve meals to says he uses the library's computer. Just be aware it is a public computer.
edit on 10-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Added used book shops...........very good places, often can find rare and very cheap books - I've even traded books at a couple.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

I posted this on another thread to show how ridiculous this elitist line of thought is. I modified it for use here.

In terms of financial wealth:
Top 1% own 42.9%. The top 20% (including that 1%) own 93% of the financial wealth in America. The bottom 80% (which most likely includes you and me) own 7% of all wealth in America...literally, the table scraps. This is not democracy, or capitalism, this is a runaway business train.

Let me put it an example you can understand:
Yourself, me, 2 other guys and MrBanker all work together. The total payroll for eveyone is $100. MrBanker gets paid $90. You and me and the other 2 guys each make $2.50. You pay 20% tax, you have $2 left, as do the rest of us. MrBanker pays 35%, so he has a little over $60 left over. I might add that you and I worked much harder, more physically demanding jobs than MrBanker. When you get home, all you can hear on FOXNEWS is about how great MrBanker is, and why you should help him pay less in taxes, but you pay more. You start to believe it, then argue that position. Welcome to your life.

So, although you and me and the other 2 guys "only' paid about .40 cents each, and MrBankers taxes paid dwarfs yours, that $.40 meant ALOT to you and me. If MrBanker had to pay your .40, and my .40 too, could he afford to live, and yet still allow you to have prosperity as well? Of course he could. If you have to pay more than that $.40, how do you eat? What is "fair"?

So according to your graph, the top 5% only pay 54% of the total taxes, but own over 62% of all the financial wealth in America. I would take that trade off any day.

sociology.ucsc.edu...
edit on 10-12-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Very good rebuttal but the majority of sheep just don't realize how they are being fleeced and to try and educate them is almost impossible. They're blind and mind conditioned.

That's why in some of my previous posts, I said no it's not right that a CEO earns tens of millions of dollars a year and someone like Beyounce is worth 260 million.......it's ludicris absolutely insane, but watch the mind numbed masses again attack this line of reasoning.

No the trickle down theory doesn't work, but the majority of sheeple and they are mind controlled sheep just refuse to wake up.

You can only try to awaken a few at a time, unfortunately the ball has gotten really big and is rolling downhill at 100 mph, there's very little the few of us that are awake can do about it.

Welcome to the New World Order with a two class system, rich / poor.

edit on 10-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

No the rich and corporations do not pay their fair share of taxes..............do the research.

The middle class in America is carrying the load.

How about AIG, Fannie Mae and the rest of the banks that got bailed out.

Wake up (wants to grab you and shake you a little bit)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Excellent post and a very good example of what goes on the USA. Working in the tax field, there are a lot of other little nuances, however a very good and simple explanation. Thank you for taking the time. Star for you.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

So that means you had 3x times that much money to begin with. Now you only have twice as much as most people will make in a lifetime. Poor you.

How much is enough? How many cars and rolexes and big screen tvs do you need?

The federal government is our nations largest employer. Say we cut everything tomorrow; you know how many people that puts out of work? Are you going to hire all of these newly unemployed with "more money than most people see in a lifetime" since you didnt have to pay taxes anymore, or would you put it in a bank and let it sit and collect interest?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

One word in your post "employed" by me...........past tense.

What happened to those employees?

Did you outsource your company like my company did?

My company outsouced almost all our jobs to India.

Did not give anyone in our department a raise in over 3 years

Was able to assimilate (buy) an average of two to three companies per month.

Research the wage differential here in America and it's becoming global.

Read my location.

Every 34th wage earner in America in 2008 went all of 2009 without earning a single dollar, new data from the Social Security Administration show. Total wages, median wages, and average wages all declined, but at the very top, salaries grew more than fivefold…

…The number of Americans making $50 million or more, the top income category in the data, fell from 131 in 2008 to 74 last year. But that’s only part of the story.

The average wage in this top category increased from $91.2 million in 2008 to an astonishing $518.8 million in 2009. That’s nearly $10 million in weekly pay!

You read that right. In the Great Recession year of 2009 (officially just the first half of the year), the average pay of the very highest-income Americans was more than five times their average wages and bonuses in 2008. And even though their numbers shrank by 43 percent, this group’s total compensation was 3.2 times larger in 2009 than in 2008, accounting for 0.6 percent of all pay. These 74 people made as much as the 19 million lowest-paid people in America, who constitute one in every eight workers.

Source: www.ianwelsh.net...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join