It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link to the Insurance file- Wikileaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Link to the Insurance file- Wikileaks

www.vtunnel.com... 8cd05c06c4d878a05569722056" target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

WikiLeaks_insurance
Type:
Other > Other
Files:
Size:
1.39 GiB (1491834576 Bytes)
Quality:
+53 / -2 (+51)
Uploaded:
2010-07-28 23:00:12 GMT
By:
Anonymous
Seeders:
Leechers:
Comments
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ran this trough a Proxy, didn't want to take any chances with this one. I think you will need Utorrent (Obviously), Aescrypt, and Winrar to be able to view the files- after the password is released of course.

The link is all ready through a proxy, you don't need to run it through again

Good luck guys, back up this file, spread it around!

By the way, it is 1.38 Gb. Plenty of seeders.

[url=https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5723136/WikiLeaks_insurance:[/url]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-12-2010 by GarbageMonst3r because: Incorrect link

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is this insurance file?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by morga25

Presumably the wikileaks insurance files. There should be plenty of other places on line to download it though. There are many threads about it so I'm not sure why he posted it this way.
OP did you reupload this for people to D/L?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by morga25

The insurance file is the file the Wikileaks released that contains ALL the documents they have. It is an insurance file for Julian Assange. If anything happens to him, he will release the password on the file, and everyone that has the file, may look at all the top secret material.

Nice to have, I am backing it up on multiple drives.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm more interested in the future "bank files". Can we get a sneak peak from that one?
Although this insurance file is our Christmas gift.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Haha it would be nice, and hopefully we get to see it as soon as the new year kicks off. But I could see something happening to Julian before the year is over, sadly :/

Spread it man!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
no one really knows, its speculated that it is just an "insurance plan" on if were to be killed, or be arrested, or something of the sort. and the password would be released and reveal the information on the file... im sure if that is true, it is some very sensitive data in there

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GarbageMonst3r

What there trying to say is this is old news and already has been a thread on it.

The search function works very well. If you search a subject first, you will see if it exist's or not. We are just waiting for the key to open it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarbageMonst3r
reply to post by Sentinel412

hopefully we get to see it as soon as the new year kicks off.

But that would mean that some tragedy has befallen Mr. Assange.
Surely you dont hope for that.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I agree caution is in order.

Aside from malignancies of the viral kind, there are other reasons the truly conspiratorially-minded might want to think about whether or how download such a file, which, via P2P, is another troublesome concept to deal with.

Or am I becoming paranoid?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Max,
Its not paranoia if its true

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Aside from malignancies of the viral kind, there are other reasons the truly conspiratorially-minded might want to think about whether or how download such a file, which, via P2P, is another troublesome concept to deal with.

Or am I becoming paranoid?

The troublesome concept is the very same, just with everything else which is coming via torrent. This one is asking for a freaking serial code and the crack is not out yet.
But I wouldn't be surprised if within a few day there would be a...

WIKILEAKS INSURANCE FILE - SKIDROW and a WIKILEAKS INSURANCE FILE - TPTB RIP with inbuilt unpacker torrent.

All patched and without any glitches. Now this would be fun.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
reply to post by GarbageMonst3r

We are just waiting for the key to open it.

And the other poster said

Christmas present

Sorry for my upcoming small rant but...

Have you no appreciation?? Has the fable "the goose that laid the golden eggs" ring a bell? You're kidding right?
Understandably the opposition to wikileaks would like to see him dead or in prison, but you're not the opposition.

edit on 3-12-2010 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2010 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This insurance files has me thinking of the book Daemon.

From Publisher's Weekly:

Gaming genius Matthew Sobol, the 34-year-old head of CyberStorm Entertainment, has just died of brain cancer, but death doesn't stop him from initiating an all-out Internet war against humanity. When the authorities investigate Sobol's mansion in Thousand Oaks, Calif., they find themselves under attack from his empty house, aided by an unmanned Hummer that tears into the cops with staggering ferocity. Sobol's weapon is a daemon, a kind of computer process that not only has taken over many of the world's computer systems but also enlists the help of superintelligent human henchmen willing to carry out his diabolical plan.

I know Wikileaks is not a game studio. I just think if you read the book you'll look at the insurance file with a different appreciation.

I can not bring myself to download it. I just don't trust it. What better way to set up millions of dissidents around the world?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
I can not bring myself to download it. I just don't trust it. What better way to set up millions of dissidents around the world?

Then wait for the cracked and patched version.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Don't take those notes seriously. Actually we definitely know what the price of freedom is. But you know sometimes we must ease the tense with some jokes. We ATSers, Tin Foil Hats owe many things to Julian, and we know what the price of these files really are.

But actually these files are truly a Christmas present to all of us, regardless they're coming via torrent or via WikiLeaks.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thevery thought of those files drives me to convulsions....
This has got to be the very nitty gritty stuff that could concievably end big peoples political carreers or aspirations...
Could maybe start a revolution somewhere, could be just about anything damning...
In order to put the brakes on the PTB, it has to be DYMO MITE!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
First, I would regard this file with extreme caution. This just smells like a trap and I don't trust Wikileaks or Assange. Hmmm... a mysterious internet file that begs to be downloaded, often begs the wiser among us to move along.

On another note, if Assange was such the soldier for freedom of information and transparency, then apparently his ideology has escaped his own practices. Does his diatribe not then pertain to himself and why is he given a free blessing from what he alledges to stand against?

Download this at your own risk... or better yet just download it, while I stand back and observe.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I don't know why. But why do I get the feeling that this insurance file is actually some kind of super malware? And once released, after the code is input, will act like a pandoras box, triggering a chain reaction of computer systems crashing/frying, etc, all over the world. And the damage will be so far beyond anyone could fathom simply because of how many people out there already have it on their computer as their just anxious to get the code to unlock it thus making it that much harder to put a stop to. To me this is like something out of a Tom Clancy novel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join