It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks has signaled the wake up call. Will you answer it and join the resistance?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Someone better call an ambulance and get this to the BURN unit.

What in the world are you talking about?? What are we in high school here?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
I have to disagree with you, I dont feel they've signaled anything. Im so underwhelmed with what has been released so far that I have become jaded about future releases. I also feel he's doing harm with these little 'gossipy' releases that could hurt diplomatic communication between countries and for what?? Did a soldier need to risk going to jail for the rest of his life to release documents that basically boil down to playground name calling. Untill something worth the risk of all this comes out Im turned off by the whole thing.

I also personally dont like Assange. I feel he is enjoying this all for the wrong reasons, not as an 'awakening of the masses' but more of a way to make him famous. I find his answers to questions condescending and to me he comes off as someone who thinks they're better then everyone. He's the wrong face for his organization, they need someone warmer and more inviting. He comes off as a jerk a lot of the time.

Enjoying this? Enjoying have rape allegations against him, having to keep on the move to prevent 'accidents', enjoying knowing he's on a serious hit list, enjoying knowing he may be about to be arrested??? Please. These things are pure speculation on your part - that he wants celebrity. Funny most reports I have read about him say exactly the opposite.

What you don't get is that the content of the leaked docs is of secondary importance, it is the fact that serious leaks are happening which is the main point, this puts tremendous pressure on those trying to hide things...
edit on 3-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
Personally I think there is to much grey area in the gov. The US and all the world should not lie to each other. We should live as one species on Earth under no ruling power. Instead we would all be part of a helping power where no one is better or worse by birth but by actions. This is the only way to be, all other ways have been tried and do not work. The only thing we have found is within our circles our family is who we help, weather they are friends or blood there part of your family, your circle. Now with this aspect of living under TPTB we have small circles due to the corporatism world we where forced into.

Remove the ruling power, expand your circle and become a helping power. The ruling power is but 1% of the world where the helping power is 100% of the world.

Do you only want to help 1% of your family?

Yes, and it's also an interesting coincidence that 1% of the world own more than 50% of the world's wealth!
second

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by jaynkeel

I don't think Julian Assange wants this to be about him. I agree with your main overall point though. The last time we had a leader for the resistance movement was when we had Alex Jones as the cult leader and he's kind of discredited himself in the past year. So we've been kind of looking for someone else to do it- but if TPTB get Assange, or if he exposes himself in some way or another, we'd just be back to where we were before.

I don't think it is so much that there is a need for a leader - but trailblazers, yes. JA is one such man, and he is giving the public a lot of ammunition to use - if we want to weaken TPTB we should use the information as best we can.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by jaynkeel

Assange in the pilots seat? Hope he can steer from behind bars, or in hiding.

Someone better call an ambulance and get this to the BURN unit.

I honestly hope he gets a fair shake with this whole rape thing. If he did it, then throw him away but it really is overwhelmingly suspicious that they are persuing him like they are. I guess you could argue that he's such a high profile 'fugitive' that it would look like theyre lax on their job by not catching him quickly but I do feel they are pubically arresting him for the rape but privately for the obvious.

He's not a fugitive. His lawyers have informed the UK police that he can be contacted via them. He has to keep his whereabouts secretand keep on the move because there might be some people who want to make him have an 'accident'.

Surely, George W Bush's war crimes and illegal war in Iraq are high profile crimes - and yes, they did nothing, so they were very, very lax indeed. Lax isn't a problem when it suits them.

edit on 3-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
[

Unfortunately he's in the pilots seat.....To which he could of ejected a long time ago if he didn't want it to be about him. I think if he would have taken the back seat before when people were calling for it, the course of things might have taken a different turn right now. But I am sure we will all know soon enough who's on first..........

He has publicly stated more than once that he is the public face of Wikleaks - so he takes the flack and becomes the target of the inevitable backlash, which allows the others to get on with their work. That is his job.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
[

Unfortunately he's in the pilots seat.....To which he could of ejected a long time ago if he didn't want it to be about him. I think if he would have taken the back seat before when people were calling for it, the course of things might have taken a different turn right now. But I am sure we will all know soon enough who's on first..........

He has publicly stated more than once that he is the public face of Wikleaks - so he takes the flack and becomes the target of the inevitable backlash, which allows the others to get on with their work. That is his job.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I am far from an expert on all things Wikileaks but didn't some people in his own organization want him removed just recently? I seem to remember hearing about that some where? Something to the effect that he was lapping up the lifestyle and frivolously spending the groups money on lavish hotels?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This could very well be the Start of the EndGame for the corrupt and oppressive politicians.They may have no choice but to come Clean with people. They are being forced to clean up their act. There is good and bad to the cablegate releases,but the good think is it is Awakening All People to the bad that is going on under their noses.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am still waiting for something that actually hurts TPTB. If and when I see an unmistakable revelation of consequence is the moment I will start to believe in Wikileaks. I mean consider the Pentagon Papers as a benchmark "leak".

I don't think I am alone. Perhaps the banking info will have something BIG. In all likelihood he is holding something back to ensure his personal safety.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It really depends on whether or not you live in fear. Most people do so there will be no resistance. It is easier to go along to get along.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I am still waiting for something that actually hurts TPTB. If and when I see an unmistakable revelation of consequence is the moment I will start to believe in Wikileaks. I mean consider the Pentagon Papers as a benchmark "leak".

I don't think I am alone. Perhaps the banking info will have something BIG. In all likelihood he is holding something back to ensure his personal safety.

The content of the leaks is of secondary importance, it's the fact that leaks are happening which has the effect of weakening the secret government. That is why they want them stopped at all costs, because it throws a spanner in the works of the systems designed to ensure secret communications between the vipers.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

@VintageEnvy
I agree totally with your summation of Assange, certainly not the best front man for the Truth Movement, whatever that is... pretty arrogant & flippant overall. I also agree that if he doesn't come up with the goodies soon, the point of the excercise will be lost. Nothing released so far that I could really give a damn about that's for sure.

"If he doesnt 'deliver' soon then people will be tuning him out and it'll make it harder for someone else who actually has useful information to come forward."

Maybe that's the idea... and a whole other can of worms!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm going to go back to sleep. They can hang the guy up to dry if he's broken the law along with everyone else at wikileaks that aided and abetted in the crime. Illegally breaking into someone's computer should be a crime if it isn't already. If wikileaks didn't have the authority to do so, releasing illegally obtained information is probably another crime. Just arrest them all. If someone stole information off of my pc that was embarrassing, I would not object to them being prosecuted as much as possible. It sounds like these people did this to national governments and are acting like they can do it with impunity.

Now if they had only gained the necessary points and simply released a lot of the information in RATS where long time members could all read over it and decide if it was dangerous or not, I would have been ok with it. Releasing the information to everyone including our enemies I am not ok with especially when we've lost lives fighting our enemies.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Starman
This could very well be the Start of the EndGame for the corrupt and oppressive politicians.They may have no choice but to come Clean with people. They are being forced to clean up their act. There is good and bad to the cablegate releases,but the good think is it is Awakening All People to the bad that is going on under their noses.
I seriously doubt it. If he is not a plant, this will just force TPTB to double down and possibly speed up their plans.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I just would like to say again given the recent flood of documents that were released by him about the US spying on the UN and having a mole in the German government and with how the state department wants to keep students from reading wikileaks documents and if they do they won't get government jobs... that he is the real deal. I don't think he is a fake. I think that he is really is who he says he is. But Julian Assange is just the public face of the group- remember that if he goes we (the resistance ) have other people who can pick up where he left off.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Now that Assange has made a fortune selling you information on the internet that he accumulated through the Freedom of Information Act......What next?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Don't you feel sooooooo much safer now that Wikileaks has revealed what you could find out for yourselves through the Freedom of Information Act about Iran and many other countries outside of the United States........

Everybody Hates Iran and Other WikiLeaks Revelations
www.pjtv.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
No, why do we need to answer a call to join their resistance, if your supporting them now, other then giving a donation, why do you need to do anymore, or feel like your part of some resistance.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
dude, there is no resistance,
there is only a set-up.

If the clandestine agencies
of the world wanted Assange dead,
he would have lead feet in the
bottom of the bay.

He is alive cuz they want him
alive. Somebody had to take
Bin Laden's place.

Remember in the Bible,