It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof WIKILEAKS spreads lies propaganda and DISINFO with PICTURE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I can only assume that thecinic is quite young and grade-schools today have possibility veered away from portraying the well known Washington fable as "history", or... he's just living up to his moniker by cynically trolling.

Yes, Nixon said "I am not a crook".
Yes, Lincoln was known as "honest Abe"
Those being said; neither has anything at all to do with the facts regarding the widely taught fable attributing "I cannot tell a lie" to George Washington.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

Actually, as i've said in another thread, Palin saying she supported our North Korean allies wasn't a mistake. You can tell because when Beck corrected her she said something about our South Korean allies but she used the word ALSO and if you read how she said it you can see that she thought they were both our allies. As if we were allies to two countries that were at odds. If you pay attention to her words you can see that she really didn't know.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't know what school assange went to certainly not an American one.. The schools here taught us about Honest Abraham Lincoln, why do you think they call Abraham Lincoln honest abe, they don't call george washington, honest george... It is because it is a known fact that Abraham Lincoln was honest in his business and never told a lie...

No one said anything about george washington never telling a lie except a story teller making up some story about a cherry tree and making up george washington said i cannot tell a lie... That is not him being known for NEVER telling a lie.

It was a known fact that Abraham was known for his honesty and his endeaver to NEVER tell a lie......

This is what me and my friends were taught in school.

It is no hoax that HONEST ABE never told a lie, it is false and a hoax saying in that wikileaks information that every student in america is taught that GEORGE WASHINGTON never told a lie, because I was an american student, and I was taught that ABRAHAM Lincoln never told a lie..

Why do they call Abraham Lincoln HONEST ABE then???? Just for the hell of it? BECAUSE he lied all the time??? NO, GET REAL.. It was because Abraham Lincoln never told a lie, not George Washington.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Of course assange didn't go to an american school, he's AUSTRALIAN!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
The schools here taught us about Honest Abraham Lincoln, why do you think they call Abraham Lincoln honest abe, they don't call george washington, honest george... It is because it is a known fact that Abraham Lincoln was honest in his business and never told a lie...

Like I said, kiddo; it's either 'before your time', or you're simply trolling.

The facts of the matter are that schools in the U.S. taught both ("honest Abe", and the Washington fable) as "history" for many generations.
edit on 12/3/10 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Long time listener, first time caller

It is largely thanks to your incredible (but sadly obvious) agenda pursuing skills that I now believe there will be something of merit in these leaks.

Thanks for opening my eyes

As an aside: how does one get to be a 'Gold Content Contributor' on ATS? Is it really as simple as typing it over your avatar background as you have done?
edit on 3-12-2010 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if the story isn't true, it is a widely known story that was taught to probably every American child.
It was never said that Abraham Lincoln couldn't tell a lie. He was simply called Honest Abe.
It was told that George said he couldn't tell a lie.

Look you know you are wrong and I'm telling you if you don't know everyone else does and you look like a complete fool here.
YOU ARE WRONG. WIKILEAKS WAS RIGHT.

You thought they made a gaffe but they didn't they knew exactly what they were talking about and you tried to discredit them because you didn't catch the reference.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Why are you so against denying ignorance?
Why are you against WikiLeaks?
And how can you not see that they were correct in their reference?

Use your brain please. Don't just argue, actually think.

link   
If you want to know whether Wikileaks should be trusted, just google 'wikileaks edited video', do the research, make up your own mind.

link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
OP has a Gold Contributer picture in his background to make it seem like his posts are actually worth something, which they aren't..
Mods, surely having that picture in your avatar is against the rules?

Wow- I didn't even notice it at first till you mentioned it- talk about subliminal advertising!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You can attack me personally all you want it does not take away from the fact that

HONEST ABE was called that and was taught to us in america that he never told a lie... Lived in a log cabin was a lawyer.

George Washington never chopped down a cherry tree, but Abraham Lincoln was honest. During his years as a lawyer, there were hundreds of documented examples of his honesty and decency.

www.inspirationalstories.com...

Abraham Lincoln was really honest. WHY do you think they called him HONEST ABE? He was honest, the fable is of george washington chopping down a cherry tree.. It is no fable that HONEST ABE didn't lie..

Wikileaks needs to stop spreading propaganda lies and brainwashing people... Look at all the brainwashed bunch attacking me personally... Wikileaks states in america we are taught that GEORGE WASHINGTON NEVER TOLD A LIE... That is a blatant and false statement and A LIE......

Wikileaks is the one here spreading disinformation don't kill the messenger....

hon·est (nst)
adj.
1. Marked by or displaying integrity; upright: an honest lawyer.
2. Not deceptive or fraudulent; genuine: honest weight.
3. Equitable; fair: honest wages for an honest day's work.
a. Characterized by truth; not false: honest reporting.
b. Sincere; frank: an honest critique.
a. Of good repute; respectable.
b. Without affectation; plain: honest folk.
6. Virtuous; chaste.
HENCE HONEST ABE.... Not HONEST George Washington, wikileaks and assange needs to be shut down for their blatant attack on America.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

edit on 3-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: added external source and link to source

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You just wasted a page explaining what everyone knows and proving nothing.
So what if the cherry tree story wasn't true and abe was honest.
That doesn't change the fact that the cherry tree story exists and it doesn't change the fact that the cherry tree story is what WikiLeaks is referencing. It doesn't change the fact that your entire thread is based on your mistake.

It is clear they were talking about Washington. Everyone but you knows it.

Also you are twisting WikiLeaks words.
They never said that Washington never told a lie.
Wikileaks said "he couldn't tell a lie" which is a direct reference to his words in the story "I cannot tell a lie"
Honest abe never said "i cannot tell a lie" The only thing was he was nicknamed honest abe. Thats it.
They can only be talking about Washington.

edit on 3-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Its not about personal attacks, or about whether your own personal version of history is correct. You have one of the clearest agendas on ATS.
Nothing you post is worthy of attention. Humour potential only I'm afraid

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Why has this not been bumped down to HOAX? Who is still flagging this?
2nd

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Don't you find it the least bit ironic that if you google "I cannot tell a lie" not a single reference to Lincoln shows up; however, numerous links to info regarding Washington appear?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I just wanted to say thankyou.

Thankyou for confirming to me that Wikileaks is definetly the real DEAL.

I have read through all these pages, and even if he did make a mistake thats good because he wasn't raised as an American, and to me that proves he's the real deal because he's from Australia.

And I know Australian's were not taught that.

Either way you have done me a favour. I know trust wikileaks, and I'm sure many others are feeling the same way.

Either way if you're right or wrong, it won't make a difference because, if this guy did make a mistake about American history. It just proves he's really Australian, because Australian's weren't taught this.

And this post will soon end up at the top of the google Search engine, so even more people will trust the guy because of you trying to make him look bad.

Good Job my friend. Good Job

edit on 3-12-2010 by Gabrielle.Black because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2010 by Gabrielle.Black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If the OP would like to discuss this matter it would be nice if he supplied a coherent argument and back it up with further particulars... ie.. some content. Have you even bothered looking into the rape charges? Why are you singling out wikleaks. Many other news sources have realised the same information.
This information was realised by an american, not wikleaks. Wikleaks simply reported the news. In the same way many other news reporters do..

Why the hating....... Have these leaks hurt anyone. It sounds to me like you are being driven by fear..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The world is changing my friend and in the intersts of international security the truth must be shared..

No-one can stop an idea whos time has come....

kx

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join