It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did GOD stop making prophets?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Here ya go my friend, what I believe.

My Belief

So as not to distract from the topic at hand.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 5-12-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

He never did stop making prophets, they are all here on Above Top Secret!
Line 2.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Here ya go my friend, what I believe.

My Belief

So as not to distract from the topic at hand.

With Love,

Your Brother

Great. Perhaps now you can clear up your belief on the topic at hand. Why do you think god is continuing to create "prophets"? Especially if there's no evidence as to the existence of a "prophet" [as people divinely inspired to see the future] anyway?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

traditionaldrummer,

The 144,000 prophets of God that go forth as the two witnesses will not be recognized by the world just as in times way on past. They will for the most part be rcognized as troublers and this is the reason they will be killed. I say the "world" as those of this world are not His, Gods, and cannot hear such things. They have ears to hear but do not hear, eyes to see but do not see. They, 144,000 will give the last call in the last 42 months of time to place all in one camp or the other, Satan's or God's, whose name is Yahweh. It will happen, the scripture will not be broken.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthiron

traditionaldrummer,

The 144,000 prophets of God that go forth as the two witnesses will not be recognized by the world just as in times way on past. They will for the most part be rcognized as troublers and this is the reason they will be killed. I say the "world" as those of this world are not His, Gods, and cannot hear such things. They have ears to hear but do not hear, eyes to see but do not see. They, 144,000 will give the last call in the last 42 months of time to place all in one camp or the other, Satan's or God's, whose name is Yahweh. It will happen, the scripture will not be broken.

Truthiron.

What proof do you have that any of these claims are true?

?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Great. Perhaps now you can clear up your belief on the topic at hand. Why do you think god is continuing to create "prophets"? Especially if there's no evidence as to the existence of a "prophet" [as people divinely inspired to see the future] anyway?

My friend if you cannot understand my meaning by what has already been said, someone else might make it clearer. I know no other way to say that which I have already said on the subject.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

My friend if you cannot understand my meaning by what has already been said, someone else might make it clearer. I know no other way to say that which I have already said on the subject.

With Love,

Your Brother

Well, I'm asking you a direct question in hopes that you will answer. I am not going to attempt to infer a meaning based on other threads. So far, you haven't been very specific in regard to my question.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well, I'm asking you a direct question in hopes that you will answer. I am not going to attempt to infer a meaning based on other threads. So far, you haven't been very specific in regard to my question.

You do not believe you are a Prophet which is divinely inspired. Until you believe that, no answer I give will satisfy you.

Lets prove you are a Prophet. Obtain a large caliber handgun. Ensure that it is loaded. Place the barrel into your mouth and pull the trigger. Since you are not divinely inspired to know the future, you should not mind doing this for you do not know what will happen.

Now, if you are truly not a Prophet with divine inspiration, then do NOT do this. I assure you as I am a Prophet that is divinely inspired that it will result in your immediate death, one heck of a mess for someone else to clean up, and a lot of pain and sorrow for those who love you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

traditionaldrummer,

This is future, but it requires a little study. two verses for here now and you can see from one of my earlier replies I gave more. The verses are, Rev.7:3,4 KJV

:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

I want to tell you now the Word of God will not fail, people just interpret things all wrong and out of context or there would be more believers.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Some things are just there for anouncement, to anounce something that is about to happen. The rest is unset I think. A prophet is a person under the influence of the force we call god. This things are not to be joked about and are as real as they get, in general a prophet anounces something in the future, notice the word PRO, as going forward, besides the pro and contra there is the now of course. I hope nothing bad happens in the fall of 2011, I think it has to do with the colapse of duality, I get this in my mind. 2011 the colapse of our dual nature ? the start of the spiritual realm, Lemuria. Lemurianism for all, the return of the blue sun. I saw a blue bottle and a red one, it stated on them september 6-9 2011 , it sticked to my face. In the end it's how god wants it and no one can do anything about it. A prophet just anounces it and really does not have the power to make it happen, just a messanger. It's in the bible, no matter what we do it will happen as much as free will as we have sometimes it's not up to us.

edit on 5-12-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Double-post...some how.

2nd.
edit on 5-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

A prophet is not to be confused with a messenger or psychic. A prophet is someone that gets a revelation directly from God.

And how, pray tell, is one supposed to know beyond any doubt that IS a God that is talking to him or her? There are some 31 different "God" in the Holy Bible alone, not to mention the other so called "holy texts" that have been found. I hear in my head my Higher Spirit, but that is not a God. I also hear sometimes other person's words, but then again, it is not God. How does one know the message is from God alone?

I once had a vision, sitting in my daughter's car. I saw two beings, both were made of gold, it looked like, and both sat on a throne. Both demanded my worship and devotion to them. I was instructed to CHOOSE! I refused to choose, I know better. Now who were these beings? I have to admit I do not know. But if ANY being comes down here are demands my worship, he can go to hell. Nothing divine about that.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

I'm inclined to believe that what is written has some truth to it; perhaps even a profound amount of truth to it, but I also see that there is more than one interpretation, and that the interpretations seem to permeate all of religion and spirituality. So the question, really, is which interpretation is the most accurate? Obviously all of them can't be 100% accurate, and perhaps none of them are truly 100%. Or maybe all of them are. It really does come down to faith.

I think the "Word of God" ultimately boils down to silence; what you feel to be true, rather than what you're led to believe through writings or preachings. As they say: the devil is in the details. I look at the various sacred texts for validation of what I feel to be true, but I do not look at them for the truth itself. Although there may be an underlying truth, especially in certain sacred texts, a lot of the details may be based entirely on the time period in which the truth is/was revealed.

Originally posted by truthiron

I think the idea that the Two Witnesses will be "troublers" and inherently doomed to death may be one of those details which may be an exaggeration of the times. I like to view prophecy as a warning of the worst case scenario, rather than a script of events written in stone. It's possible the "witnesses" have the potential to challenge the various truths as they've been written/interpreted, and so may be seen as potential threat to the established view and order; hence the "warning" that they may be killed. If this were 2000 years ago, it's very possible the "Two Witnesses" would have had no shelter to hide behind and no escape from a mob who would view them as troublesome.

It would almost seem as if the "Two Witnesses" embody the truth itself; and may be the only 2 prophets who can actually see the truth with clarity; hence why they would be seen as a potential threat, and possibly killed. Could it be that the 144,000 "chosen ones" are actually the "False Prophets," and the "Two Witnesses" are the individuals who challenge the misinterpreted truth? Perhaps the 144,000 have a high probability of attacking or striking down the Two Witnesses.

The fact that they are even mentioned in prophecy indicates that if they are real, they have been warned of the potential they supposedly embody. Having been warned, I think this would lessen the threat they would impose on the world, and lessen the threat their "witnessing" has on their own lives. In other words, the witnesses would be much more careful in their actions, knowing what may potentially happen to them.

You have to wonder how this prophecy would have been worded if it were written say 100 years ago, rather than thousands of years ago. I see a massive significance in the "Two Witnesses" possibly existing in a time of rapid communication and internet connectivity.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

He has not yet,

1Cor.12

1. [28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
2. [29] Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

That is for the New Testament people.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I knew George Rodin. He believed he was a "prophet", because he was raised by parents who told him this. His dad was a preacher, and this just kind of anchored the belief into his reality.

Time goes on, dad makes a real big church and buys a lot of land to go with this church. After awhile, dad dies. Mom, being left kind of weakened mentally by all those years with an overbearing, fundamentalist preacher combined with the shock of not knowing what to do next, ended up in the arms of a fairly well known snake oil salesman.

The snake oil salesman steals the role of "prophet" from George Rodin (along with the church and compound his father had built) by moving into Ms. Rodin's heart and home.

A few years go by, and George Rodin is tried for murder. He claims that this snake oil salesman was trying to have him killed to eliminate all possibility of his laying claim to be heir to the estate. Maybe true, maybe not. I believe Rodin.

The snakeoil salesman was David Koresh. Rodins dad founded the Branch Davidians, and built Mt. Carmel.

I plan on writing a blog post on the death of George Rodin. It is a good conspiracy story that has yet to be told, from what I know. In the job i had, i was afforded the opportunity to spend many, many hours talking with Rodin. He wouldn't tell me anything that is going to shock anyone. But hearing the whole "Branch Davidian" story from his side was very interesting.

I also was afforded the opportunity to talk with about a dozen other former Branch Davidians. It was while working a mental hospital, if that tells you anything. But not all mental patients are crazy. Some are just "hiding out".

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

A prophet is not to be confused with a messenger or psychic. A prophet is someone that gets a revelation directly from God. Sometimes that's not always the case.

But the question is: how do we know prophets actually receive the truth from God? If the truth is always revealed through prophets; how do we know that the prophets are even all that accurate? Where is the reference point? How do we know the truth isn't actually being received from within the prophet himself? Again, it all comes down to faith. Perhaps messengers, psychics, seers, and prophets all receive the truth from the same source, and it's the individual that is responsible for applying a label to that source.

I don't question the divinity of a true prophet; but it is all visions and voices, regardless of what you (or the prophet) believes. I see a significant connection between prophecy, dreams, and hallucinations; not to say they aren't divine in nature. For all we know, scientifically anyway, a psychic/messenger could be as divine and accurate as a prophet. Perhaps there are different "intensities" of the same "revealing" phenomenon. For all we know, a normal dream could be the lowest intensity of the prophet phenomenon.

I'm starting to think that somehow, the accuracy of a prophet is relative to the time the truth was received and the duration of the events which have been seen. The truth is there, but the details aren't necessarily all that accurate. So you have to consider which parts of the prophecy are entirely certain, and which parts of the prophecy are uncertain (perhaps a notion or best guess). Could it be that the accuracy of prophet becomes stronger as we approach "the end" (or the shift)? I'd be interested in what a true prophet would write in the year 2010 regarding the year 2012. It could be mind-blowing.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

xiphias,

The two witnesses are killed and it can't be Elijah or Enoch or Moses as they are eternal beings now and not subject no more to death. This will leave you with the 144,000 who are declared His Servants. The only reliable interpretation of prophecies is they must interpret themselves, a private interpretation is of no value and that leaves most out as they are not versed enough in the scriptures that they can put the pieces together. It was written so only the well versed who are led of His Spirit come to the right determination. I give you Peters statement. 2 Pe. 1:20

:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

You read part of the story of the two witnesses in Rev. 11: Here is the verse that tells you they are killed. Rev. 11:7

:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

I hope that helps.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Peter 1:20 makes sense. Sort of as if a higher power is guiding the prophet and showing him the truth, rather than a normal person simply finding the truth on his own accord (which would imply an underlying bias).

But I wonder if the idea of the Two Witnesses being killed doesn't necessarily refer to death. Perhaps at the time, the idea of the Two Witnesses (and whatever they represent) would have meant they were universally doomed to die (the words "blasphemy," "pagan," and "witch hunt" comes to mind), but a modern interpretation could mean they are silenced, ignored, or simply overlooked. Something symbolic of death, know what I mean?

What if, right this very moment, the Two Witnesses are locked away in an insane asylum? This would certainly be symbolic of death. What if the "beast" is actually modern psychiatry, or even modern standards?

Let's assume, hypothetically, that the above is true, and the Two Witnesses have already been killed/silenced/locked-away: where would that leave the prophecy at this point? I'm curious. Sorry, I'm not that well-versed.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

xiphias,

The answer lies in the finishing verses or Rev. 11:, this being the second "woe" and this is very near the end of all things. We know it hasn't happened yet for sure and immediately after this woe the seventh trumpet sounds. The dead bodies of the witnesses lie in the street three and a half days then the Spirit of life from God enters them and they are taken up. We have this verse which sets it straight. Rev. 10:7

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

This is "future" history for sure.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by tinfoilman

A prophet is not to be confused with a messenger or psychic. A prophet is someone that gets a revelation directly from God.

And how, pray tell, is one supposed to know beyond any doubt that IS a God that is talking to him or her? There are some 31 different "God" in the Holy Bible alone, not to mention the other so called "holy texts" that have been found. I hear in my head my Higher Spirit, but that is not a God. I also hear sometimes other person's words, but then again, it is not God. How does one know the message is from God alone?

Don't know couldn't tell ya. Not here to debate if God is real or not. Lots of other places to do that. All I can talk about is what the Bible says. I can't tell you if it's true or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join