It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did GOD stop making prophets?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I started to ponder over this for some time now. I once remembered reading something about A.A. Allen'sprophecy for the US. This was a preacher who lived from 1911 to 1970. At the time, this was many years back, as the prophecy itself was old, I didnt pay much mind to it, as I just couldnt understand the sybology of the statue of liberty in the gulf, let alone drowning in horrible death. Keep in mind, Its an old prophecy and anywhere you look for it, it will be the same. I found a better read among the many I looked through. I warn ya, he's old school full gospel and he preaches like it. Still, it makes me wonder just what he knew, if he knew. If so, I fear the worst. I wont say that I believe everything I see, but I give credit where credit is due, and from what was said by him so many years ago, before I was born even, is pretty scary when you compare it with todays world. It's more direct than Nostradaumus for sure!

Then toward the center came a third great puff. As I watched, St. Louis and Kansas City were enveloped in its white vapors. Then on it came toward New Orleans. Then on they swept until they reached the Statue of Liberty where she stood staggering drunkenly in the blue waters of the Gulf. As the white vapors began to spread around the head of the Statue, she took in but one gasping breath, and then began to cough as though to rid her lungs of the horrible vapors she had inhaled. One could readily discern by the coughing that those white vapors had seared her lungs.

Prophecy in Full

(I found a site that best fit the prophecy in full. It just so happens I'm not alone in noticing the similaritys in occurances.

Is the US looking at doom when they had the getaway map from just another preacher?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Man, I would love to back you, but I have NO clue.

It might mean:
-Something happened with he first two states about Oil.
-Maybe Katrina had something to do with oil? HAARP is about oil? Or just Oil in New Orleans?
-The SoL, basically America itself in the Gulf about the Oil?

who knows? I dont really feel like doing research right about now so...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Actually the last prophet will be another individual of which I saw in this video check it out Link to video Proof of last Prophet!!!!! I hope this last prophet doesn't come soon...as it will mean something catastrophic is on its way.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
He does go into considerable detail about the Statue in the Gulf choking on a cup of fury. Many things happen in that area recently. Katrina, Rita, the gulf explosion that left a hell out there, and now a new explosion that took place yesterday I think? She did try to get up a few times and in the end, all hell breaks loose.

I didnt give much look at the side notes that the page owner suggests. Some where good points, some I didnt agree with. Either way, it's a good read. Pretty scary. If it's real sound america sounds pretty nice right about now

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There are still plenty of prophets. Too many, in fact.

In the old days, if someone in your tribe decided that God or whoever was talking to them, they might be the only one. Then there would be some kind of meeting of the elders to decide if the person was legitimate, or just a crazy person speaking gibberish.

Nowadays, there are so many crazy people speaking gibberish, there's no good way to separate the real prophets from them. If there are any. The competition is just too fierce.

P.S. -- And I'm not just talking about people who could see the future. It used to be that prophets worked to interpret things that were currently happening, and give them some kind of contextual meaning. It's not all about prognostication. A lot of it has to do with interpretation.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo000

I still think there is one more pope. I also feel that there isnt just one "antichrist". There are many. There were 4 horsemen that came from the start of it all. I think in turn, there might be 4 major players. The Bible usualy shows repitition in it's actions, words ect. I suspect they come in order as was writen. Possibly many more minor antichrists. Its the one that steps into the temple that we look for. Since the temple hasnt been rebuilt, this event hasnt taken place. Unless... The muslim temple is still a temple. If we worship the same GOD, then "maybe" "possibly"... I dunno This falls into something I know nothing about and only dared myself to ponder. I think there were a few persons of mention who were alowed in. Though, I'm expecting something a bit bigger in this area. Something of note when it takes place.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Because God never made any prophets to begin with. But there certainly are some spectacularly gifted souls. Jesus was one. Siddartha.

But what of the others that had Godly insight and intelligence, yet were forgotten? Pythagoras stands as a shining, outstanding example of this. Comte de St. Germain is another. Imhotep, maybe?

More recently the truly great minds have been sequestered by various governments, to maintain a specific financial structure as well as an intellectual advantage over The People. I believe that is what happened to Dr. Ning Li.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I would think Bruce Lee and John Lennon as more recent prophets of sorts.

A more influential one is Nickola Tesla.

But that is just what I think.

I know there is one around in today's world right now, but likely has not made an appearance due to something hindering him/her.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Quickfix because: For spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The "prophecy" is vague gibberish delivered in the typical religious doom-sayer style. I see someone has attempted to shoehorn some recent events into the "prophecy" in an attempt to give it some validity.

This is yet another failure; and example of people NOT being able to "see the future". Perhaps one day we'll see a so-called "prophet" deliver something with some specificity. Not "oh, I see the Statue Of Liberty choking and drowning" nonsense. There are no "prophets", and it's unlikely there are any god(s) appointing them.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

There are no coincidences, but amazing you should ask because just yesterday I commented to a friend, "It's like they believe God stopped speaking to people (through people) once the last book of the Bible was written."

The Truth is, He hasn't stopped. Prophets exist today. They are alive and well and delivering Yahweh's messages and Truth to mankind. But....many false-prophets also exist.

The trouble is... because of the state of the world, meaning, the hearts of those who exist within it, most aren't listening. But, it's as it was prophesied to happen.

--------

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

If I might ad to that, Nostradamus, yes even still, "may-should" get some credit for his prophecies:

Quatrains - Century I

The Gods will make it appear to mankind
that they are the authors of a great war.
Before the sky was seen to bee free of weapons and rockets:
the greatest damage will be inflicted on the left.

This is kinda hard to understand. It seems it could have a dual meaning about the Gods making it appear to mankin that they are the authors of a great war. Does this mean that the Gods are influencing this war or that it's so massive that we feel that only the Gods could have influenced it, yet we are doing it ourselves?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
When did they revoke 503c's?
As far as I know he's still making a profit.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
The "prophecy" is vague gibberish delivered in the typical religious doom-sayer style. I see someone has attempted to shoehorn some recent events into the "prophecy" in an attempt to give it some validity.

This is yet another failure; and example of people NOT being able to "see the future". Perhaps one day we'll see a so-called "prophet" deliver something with some specificity. Not "oh, I see the Statue Of Liberty choking and drowning" nonsense. There are no "prophets", and it's unlikely there are any god(s) appointing them.

Research

A prominent psychological journal is expected to make history later this year when it publishes what is believed to be the first scientific paper arguing that humans can predict the future.

The article goes deeper into detail:

While the research (PDF) shows statistically significant numbers to prove that people are capable of some degree of "precognition,"

He goes on to explain the tests and how they were done. It's a decent read at least. I've come to accept that there will be opinions against it just as there are some that hold it as possibility. (shrugs) Take what it's worth and do with it however you see fit.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

If I might ad to that, Nostradamus, yes even still, "may-should" get some credit for his prophecies:

Quatrains - Century I

The Gods will make it appear to mankind
that they are the authors of a great war.
Before the sky was seen to bee free of weapons and rockets:
the greatest damage will be inflicted on the left.

This is kinda hard to understand. It seems it could have a dual meaning about the Gods making it appear to mankin that they are the authors of a great war. Does this mean that the Gods are influencing this war or that it's so massive that we feel that only the Gods could have influenced it, yet we are doing it ourselves?

It could mean that mankind has fooled itself into thinking it must fulfill it's own prophecies with a great showdown. Mankind wrote it's own story (through interpretation), and is now starring in that same story. Self-fulfilling prophecy on a global level.
edit on 3-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Research

The ways in which Daryl Bem failed in this claim. Bem has a history of making such claims and failing to convince his peers.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

The page, or the info inside seems to be written by a critic. I really dont think they would give the guy a chance in the 9 hells in the first place. It goes on to more of less rebuke studies that could possibly be worth looking into. Possibility is key. Why stop at what we know?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The page, or the info inside seems to be written by a critic. I really dont think they would give the guy a chance in the 9 hells in the first place. It goes on to more of less rebuke studies that could possibly be worth looking into. Possibility is key. Why stop at what we know?

I don't see "psychics" stopping terrorists at airports. Nor winning the lottery. Nor predicting catastrophes and saving lives. The most that they seem capable of is reassuring despondent people about their dead relatives (for money), or dispensing low-grade psychology to the credulous (for money). The more popular ones write books or appear on Montel (for money) and create more credulous people.

Daryl Bem has a habit of making these claims and failing miserably in peer review. It seems his new tactic is to contact the press before his peers get ahold of his research. Let's be honest with ourselves: there are no psychics. People cannot "see the future" no matter how cool we'd like to think it is if they could.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

A prophet is not to be confused with a messenger or psychic. A prophet is someone that gets a revelation directly from God. Sometimes that's not always the case.

For example if you look at what Gabriel tells Muhammad he says, Oh Muhammad! Truly you are the messenger of Allah. Notice he calls him the messenger of Allah and not a prophet. Muhammad gets called a prophet anyway, but technically that's not correct. He should just be called a messenger. If either one is a prophet in this story it would actually be Gabriel. He's the one revealing the revelation.

In Christianity Jesus was the last prophet as God revealing his own prophecy and he says "and then if any say to you: Behold there is the Christ, or: Behold here, be not believing. But false Christs and false prophets will arise and will make signs and wonders in order to be deceiving if possible, the chosen. But you be looking; I have foretold you everything."

There are no more prophets because God didn't need a prophet anymore. He has foretold everything. Since he walked the earth he could just go ahead and tell everyone what his revelation was directly.

From what I've been told the Qur'an contains very little to no actual prophecy and direct revelation from God. Some things are written in a prophetic style though, but many times that's of events that have already happened or were happening at the time the Qur'an was being written and some of it is just future predicting which isn't quite the same as prophecy. If there is any, maybe someone will lay that out.

There shouldn't be anymore prophets. Psychics, future tellers maybe, but if anyone is claiming to be a prophet and getting direct revelations from God, even the likes of Paul in the NT, one should be a suspicious of such claims.
edit on 4-12-2010 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
my take on the symbolic Statue of Liberty (America) gsping for air and struggling in the Gulf waters...

its a symbolism of the mass waves of illegal immigrants covering the whole USA, especially the La Raza
and the various drug cartels...(the visions 'white vapor' being the coc aine) ...the label Prophetic is just a level away from the natural process of ones ability to extract trends from the complex hodgepodge of current events, its called intuition by some. ...

but its (the preachers' singular mission) was not some divine trancendental force as proposed. IMHO

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

True
[People cannot "see the future" no matter how cool we'd like to think it is if they could.]
God is the one who see the future and warns the Prophet. From what I know, like seeing
a video on you-tube. Here is where the problem comes into play. The people have to
interrupt the video. Now every person see the video differently and it's meaning.
You-tube video you can check the time frame and make a predicted date.
With God a day/1000 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join