It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The story for today...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hi all

I read this story today, and It is the most beatiful, honest story about the truth...

A 82-year old, small, well-balanced and proud man, fully dressed each morning at. 08.00, with hair neatly combed and shaved perfectly moved to a nursing home today.

His 80 year old wife has just gone away and made it necessary for him to move. After many hours patiently waiting, he met me with a smile when told his room was ready. As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I gave him a description of the tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung in the window.

'It is lovely, I like it,' he declared, with the enthusiasm of an 8-year-old who will see his new puppy. 'Mr. Johansen, wait until you have seen the room, 'I said.

'It has nothing to do with it,' he replied. 'Happiness is something you can decide in advance. Whether I like my room or not does not depend on how the furniture is arranged .. that's how I arrange my mind. I have already decided to love it. It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up ..

I have a choice, I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that works out ..

Every day is a gift, and as long as I open my eyes I'll focus on all the happy memories I've stored your life. Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you have saved. Thank you for your part in filling my account with. I make lots of deposits still!

Remember these simple rules for happiness;

1. Free your heart from hatred.

2. Free your mind from worries.

3. Live simply.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less.

Love and Light
Sat Nam

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Great story, Star and Flag! I'm sure he didn't mind the cute girl helping him move in either.

If everyone was able to think this way, our world would be a much more peaceful place to live.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eriathwen

There is a lot to be learned from that moral, most definitely.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i like it

wonderful story

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yes It is a most wonderful story

.......And the fakt of the matter is, that It is really that simple

Love and Light

Sat Nam

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eriathwen

Every day is a gift, and as long as I open my eyes I'll focus on all the happy memories I've stored your life. Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you have saved. Thank you for your part in filling my account with. I make lots of deposits still!

Very nice

Thanks for sharing eriathwen...

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Your welcome
It was my plessure

Love and light

Sat Nam

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Those are the word of someone who knows they have lived a full life free from regret. But just happy for the vast experience that is the gift of life.

A prime candidate for someone who will meet his end with a smile on his face in his sleep. Oh that we can all go that way.

new topics

top topics

join