It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson Busted with a Cell Phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't understand how this is happening.They can stop me from boarding a airplane over nail clippers but Manson can get his hands on a cell phone in prison? What's to stop these guys from getting anything they want?
This is a guy who "talked" others into killing people and he's got a cell phone! what the hell.
Who is he calling? That's the million dollar question.

Reporting from Sacramento — Contraband cellphones are becoming so prevalent in California prisons that guards can't keep them out of the hands of the most notorious and violent inmates: Even Charles Manson, orchestrator of one of the most notorious killing rampages in U.S. history, was caught with an LG flip phone under his prison mattress. Manson made calls and sent text messages to people in California, New Jersey, Florida and British Columbia before officers discovered the phone, said Terry Thornton, a spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections.

Source: articles.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I saw a vid once where they showed most contraband - drugs, cell phones, weapons, etc are smuggled in by visitors. Evidentily to visit someone in prison you don't have to be scanned or have a pat down and they most likely don't search the cells often enough - Mason was able to make several calls before the phone was found. I hate the idea of those like Manson having the capability to talk to those on the outside and gather them on his side for criminal intentions.
edit on 3-12-2010 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
This is a guy who "talked" others into killing people and he's got a cell phone! what the hell.
Who is he calling? That's the million dollar question.

Follow the money, journalists, publishers, psychologists...

Anyone that can benefit from his "notoriety"

edit on 3-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Good point. I wonder if we will be hearing about the Manson taps on some Hollywood insider show.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Probably called sex hotlines, guys...

Seriously.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What's the difference between Charley using the cell phone towers to communicate to the outside world VS visitors coming in and having innocuous chit chats in full view of the guards anyways? The visitors could easily relay any of his instructions so why not give him full electronic access "in a format that can be recorded and traced"?
edit on 3-12-2010 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
One of the many reasons why I support the Death Penalty Got to love how average people and children are suffering and this man is worshiped by many.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

LOL.We know were your head is

Seriously.
I bet he is offered all kinds of things for an impromptu interview.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
people on death row can smuggle cellphones yet peole are strip searched by the tsa,

gotta love the american paradox

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why is this so shocking to anyone? I hate to break the news to everyone, but you can get just about anything in prison. It is all about who you know, and who you pay off. The Corrections Officers (generally speaking) are as bad as the inmates themselves. They will willingly turn a blind eye to things being smuggled in for a price or for a cut of the action it brings. You name it, you can find it in prison.

Inmates are very creative people, they find ways to make alcohol, weapons, drugs, you name it. In a lot of ways it is a shame that they are inmates, if they used their creativity for anything else they probably would have been very successful people.

I highly doubt Manson was calling sex hotlines... there is no shortage of desperate, attention seeking women who are willing to marry, "date" or be with an inmate of any kind.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

They are very successful people. They have succeeded by having law abiding citizens support them for ever.
There are some privately owned prisons and those come with a whole other Pandora's box.The whole prison system needs to be revamped.
We need to put these guys to work let them foot their own bill.

new topics

top topics

join