It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Well, of course we cannot lose, what we really are..

But I'm calling it a prime mover and shaker here, formative, causative, the reason for each season, as well as a mystical dance between objective reality and subjective being - something we can only merely touch, if that..

What you are referring to, is the attachment of false love, simply eros, based on the myth of romantic love, little more than a biological instinct exalted to lofty heights of ecstatic ego-dissolution in unity with another person, two made one flesh.

M. Scott Peck, MD in the popular book "The Road Less Travelled" for a time the Guinness Book of World Records holder for the best selling book of all time next only to the Bible, defines love thusly:

Love is the will to give of one's self for the sake of another's spiritual growth and well being.

But it's ultimately self serving, to a degree, in so far as extending one's self for the sake of love, dramatically expands the self, and self's alignment with higher self, even Love as a first/last cause, an Alpha and Omega of existence.

I think the test is the fruitfulness of it, what is produced.

What you are calling the fear of the loss of love, is I think, an illusion and delusion born of attachment, which being rooted in fear, amounts to hatred, whether self hatred or that of other - loves opposite.

Love to be love must be freely given, as a free gift, there's no other way. And here's the secret, imho. To give of one's self for the sake of love IS, to RECEIVE it, automatically, making of the giving of the gift of love, love itself, which moves like concentric waves from a perfect stone dropped in prestine waters, or the sound of a well rung bell.

History then is moved by love, in the right direction.

It is a great light shining from the highest mountain, love is.

It has perfect vision. It is not blind, I have to beg to differ.

Namaste!

P.S. Thank you very much for the comment in my profile or on my "wall". You bless me with that, and therefore you too!
See how that worked..!

Love is not something we can have or lose, we either are it, or we are not, and if not, may love find it's way to you wherever you may be. Blessed are those who mourn they shall be comforted.

One last thing regarding something called "unconditional love":

There is no such thing as unconditional human love, as an expectation, on the part of the reciever, as something to be "had" from the other person. BUT, it can be expressed from a person, to another, provided it is given freely, without any strings attached, and there it is!, it makes an appearance through the old addage that it is "more blessed to give, than to recieve."

"This is my only commandment: Love one another as I have loved you." (last supper)

"Love, and do as thou wilt".
~ St. Augustine

edit on 4-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: small loving edit added for the sake of love.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I once took a three day seminar called The Landmark Forum. In it, there was a Forum Leader and a large group of about 160 people, who would come up to the microphone for a variety of conversations. [...]

Well, in the end, if you count it by logic, even your conclusion of love was a result of you assigning meaning to life, maybe desperately trying to find sense. However, we are not just logical machines, and in philosophy, you have to combine that with your thinking. Meaning is something invented by us, therefore it only exists in us, but not in any logical sense. If you have found your very own meaning and if you are happy with it, the conclusion of philosophy is that you have reached your own truth, because the truth we are all looking for in the end, we are all hoping for, is not the truth concepted by the universe, but the truth that makes us happy.
End of transmission

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by incarnating

Let me put it another way then. In the unconditional space of nothing to do, the only thing that motivates, is love, it's what fills the space with meaning, and significance.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Life is what you make of it. What you perceive it to be. You don't find yourself, you create yourself. It's an interesting paradox because even though we have our differences and disagreements, in the end we are all right, according to our own belief systems. Maybe we are all in someone else's "video game"... just on a higher level.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join