It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: What people think about him? Question from a Brit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Okay folks, just cause me & goose got a little loose, don't stop this thread. I am dying to see more responses to the question.

Oh, & goose, I really didn't think you would be included in what I had said anyway.

Silly Goose!!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rc
I would say I like Bush all in all. He has done a lot for our country...

no he hasn't. he's harmed our reputation. He's an idiot and he's arrogant.

Originally posted by rc
and I think the media has a lot to do with the way people feel about him....

no they don't. They don't even broach on the full extent of his idiocy.

Originally posted by rcLook at what he has gone through...

he lives a charmed, sheltered life. He hasn't gone through crap.

Originally posted by rcand our country is doing wonderful now ...

no it's not. there are a TON of people out of work. people's credit is in the crapper. in the big cities people have lost jobs. in the rural areas everyone's welcoming home their wounded children or the folded flags.

Originally posted by rcwho knows how things would be if Gore was in office. ...

I would have been willing to take that chance. We wouldn't be bombing people who didn't threaten us. And we would likely still have a few foreign allies.

Originally posted by rcI am worried if Kerry gets elected honestly, what will happen with our Homeland Security and National Security. ..

Why. Is it because he's a democrat? You know, democrats serve in wars, vote for war resolutions. In fact, more democrats serve in wars because the working man and the blue-collar people who are typically democrat are more likely to serve in the miltary. Now...blue collar doesn't describe Kerry...but he did serve.

Originally posted by rcYes Kerry is talking more about education right now, but I think the big issues should be the concerns. Let the Governors of each state deal with the education. ..

Bush has talked about education until he's blue in the face. That's all his wife EVER talks about. How come it's important when he talks about it...no child left behind and all..but when Kerry talks about it...it's not a big issue? Are smart American children a state by state issue? I guess the less options for education or affordable education people see, the more likely they are to rely on military service to fund their educations. It's a great feeder system for the military

Originally posted by rc We are Military and we love Bush. Everyone I speak with that is in the military feels the same way.

I'm from Delaware where the dead bodies come home. The military and Dupont ARE the state of Delaware. The "military" doesn't love Bush. Maybe you do...but not all soldiers do. Most I know don't respect him either.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Well Brit I'll tell ya...

You will get two responses.

1. George Bush bad. No like.

2. George Bush good. all liberals are communists.

He is neither. He is a man in a situation that he had thrown on him and all things considered should be commended for for just keeping all the balls in the air.

Unfortunately he relies on the fact that he has balls and the fact that the balls are in the air too much. It would be even better if he had a brain.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Freemason, you twinkie, never tell me to shut up.

Bush has #ed up the economy with this war on terror. Who the hell wants to invest in the US when were so unstable? constantly getting into wars and #.

he has also screwed the economy up by promoting outsourcing. There go your jobs. Slurp. China, mexico, and singapore. He hasnt taken a single measure to prevent this outsourcing to nations with cheap labor.

You dont know what youre talking about. You must have money to like Bush.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Hunter
citizens should seek a candidate for office that will reinforce the constitutional separation of powers in our government, and emphasis each branch of government to confine its' activities to what is
constitutionally allowed. A rolling back of all powers usurped by the Central government should be
started, and of course government spending MUST be curtailed to a sustainable level within the limits
of raising funds by legally acceptable means.

Amen. That's a platform to run on..."I'll put the power back in the hands of the people."

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
It's funny, right after 9/11 how all of the most politically active democrats I knew pretty much said the same thing - I was stunned. Basically they expressed that under the circumstance it was a good thing Bush was the one in office because the only thing that mattered was we were under attack and none of them seemed to feel that Gore could have handled this particular critical situation. [edit on 3-7-2004 by Relentless]

I never heard anyone say that about Gore. How can anyone say how anyone would have reacted. I was pleased with Bush's performance for about a week. That is after he finally made a statement after the leaving the nation in stunned silence for about 6 freakin' hours. As an independent. I'm sick of all this dem, repub, dem, repub crap. We've got more important crap to do than point finger. Politics gets sooo high school when it's election time. I HATE it. But you better believe I vote. Even if it doesn't count.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Freemason, you twinkie, never tell me to shut up.

Bush has #ed up the economy with this war on terror. Who the hell wants to invest in the US when were so unstable? constantly getting into wars and #.

he has also screwed the economy up by promoting outsourcing. There go your jobs. Slurp. China, mexico, and singapore. He hasnt taken a single measure to prevent this outsourcing to nations with cheap labor.

You dont know what youre talking about. You must have money to like Bush.

In March foreign interests took $13 Billion out of our economy and it is hurting. No one wants to invest here...including by the looks of it American corporations. We all may as well move. We'll have better chances to have a job and we'll be less likely to be hit by the next wave of terrorism.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
my opinion:

bush himself is a playboy. his father sent him to texas to run his oil concerns and a football team in the tradition of "old" eastern money and their idiot sons.

Sorry to be pissy, but if you are going to bag on Bush, at least get your facts straight. The last time I checked, the Texas Rangers were a baseball team, not a football team. His father never owned the team. Bush and some partners bought it. Oh, and BTW, he sold that team for a tidy profit. Bush and his partners sold the Rangers in 1998 for $250 million, almost 3 times what they paid for it in 1988. Some idiot huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join