It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REAL Hollywood Heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Real American Hollywood Heroes

In contrast to the ideals, opinions and feelings of today's "Hollywonk" the real actors of yester-year loved the United States. They had both class and integrity. With the advent of World War many of our actors went to fight rather than stand and rant against this country we all love. They gave up their wealth, position and fame to become service men &women, many as simple "enlisted men".

This page lists but a few, but from this group of only 18 men came over 70 medals in honor of their valor, spanning from Bronze Stars, Silver Stars, Distinguish Service Cross', Purple Hearts and one Congressional Medal of Honor. So remember; while the "Entertainers of 2003" have been in all of the news media lately I would like to remind the people of what the entertainers of 1943 were doing, (60 years ago).

Source

So how do you feel the real heroes of the silver screen acted when compared to the hollywonks today!

Who spray out anti-American drivel as they bite the hand that feeds them?

In time, history will tell who was right and who was wrong and I am putting my money on GWB, not a fictional autor looking to make a buck on the events of September 11th.

john

Edit: Added the source link and cut down the quote. Next time please don't paste entire articles here. Just a quote and a link is sufficiant.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes Hollywood was indeed blindly patriotic before McCarthy waged war on them.

Interesting the patriotic list only names 18.

McCarthy made MUCH BIGGER LISTS.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I agree that actors and actresses these days are pritty much a bunch of pussy's that have to stop fistfights when they break a nail.

Only actors and singers these days I would say would and could go to war all turn out to be black americans, from the hood, or older guys like Shaggy, that already have a military carreer behind them.

But I don't agree on it that you seem to be trying to compare WW1/WW2 reasons with the current situation. WW1 and 2 Europe and with Pearl Harbour, the US were directly attacked.

With the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan, neither of these country's attacked the US.

Al Quada, a Sudan/Saudi based and funded organisation attacked the US, and happens to be they were hidding in Afghanistan, yet, none of the big players in Al Quada were found there, this is a country the US supported and helped Osama train and create Al Quada in.
Same time they whipe out the inconvenient Taliban(taliban banned Opium growing and was asking to much of a cut for the pipeline the US wants to put there, with them removed, Opium crops are back at 100% production and the pipeline deal is closed.)

You can't compare an apple and an egg.

new topics

join