It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should i work as a camp counselor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Some of you might have read my last thread about having a hard time with life:
abovetopsecret.com...

Many of you suggested that i find a job or something i might like to do. Today, i was offered a potential job working as a camp counselor next summer. I would be working in the "outdoor adventure" field, which is basically camping, hiking and things like that.

I'm a city boy, live in the suburbs, haven't really been out in nature much. Last time i camped was in 5th grade with the boy scouts and that was extremely controlled and i didn't have much fun. But i've changed a lot since then. But still, last summer i felt like i was about to burst into tears when we dropped off my brother. It was all so quiet and serene, peaceful. I just wanted to run into the forest and not come back. To see the large, mountains hills was just amazing.

Should i go for it? I'm always saying i should get off the computer, put down my iPhone and get out into nature, but don't have much of an opportunity to do it. And I've heard some say that spending time in nature, even camping with a bunch of people, can be an enlightening experience.

And for those of you who might have been camp counselors before, is there still time to socialize with everybody?
edit on 3-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I say go for it
sounds like a great experience for you.

On a side note, it's not called Camp Crystal Lake, right??!?!?!?!?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Hey mossme, interesting how life works sometimes, while standing at a crossroads opportunity knocks, and I think this chance to get out into nature, coupled with counseling would be a wonderful experience. Nature always does the soul good, and helping others can be one of the most rewarding experiences ever, for both you and the person counseled.
You may meet some interesting people and learn about others as well as yourself.

Best wishes,
spec

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I say go for it
sounds like a great experience for you.

On a side note, it's not called Camp Crystal Lake, right??!?!?!?!?

No, it's not. It's near the Appalachian Mountains. I know the whole east coast is near there, but it has some of the hill-ish-ness you see near the mountains. Why'd you ask?

top topics

join