It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientifically Speaking, Quantum Physically speaking, how could an after life exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Your brain controls your consciousness/mind and once that is gone, you won't be conscious.

Your heart controls the pumping of the chemicals which bears emotions, once your heart is gone there is no more emotion.

When you die, your body goes into the ground and it becomes food for worms and the ground.

With this being said, how can there be an after life?

Your brain does not control your consciousness. Consciousness and mind are different things. Your consciousness justs witnesses. Emotions are of the Ego and Ego is of the mind. When you die your Ego dies since its on the mind. Consciousness moves on.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

your body is just a vehicle! your brain is an adapter that allows the unification of your spiritual consciousness to your physical consciousness!

your brain is the glue that holds your physical,spiritual existence together as one YOU!

once your brain and body die your spiritual consciousness is released!

this spiritual energy is your soul its what makes you..you and not anyone else or the same as anyone else it's what makes you unique other wise you'd be the same as everyone else as all our vehicles are based off the same principles and design!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Your brain controls your consciousness/mind and once that is gone, you won't be conscious.

Your heart controls the pumping of the chemicals which bears emotions, once your heart is gone there is no more emotion.

When you die, your body goes into the ground and it becomes food for worms and the ground.

With this being said, how can there be an after life?

You got it backwards my friend it is your consciousness that controls your brain. Ask yourself this what energy is it that animates the body, or any living thing? What keeps the planets in thier rotation and the suns from just floating away from us etc.? if consciousness was controlled by matter then why isn't every element on this planet hoping around with the same animation as our bodies?

What intelligence organized the elements into your body in the first place? Contemplate this for a while. As scientific proof that consciousness survives death look into the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson, Scientific Proof of Reincarnation If the consciousness is reincarnated into another body that proves it survives death.

All forms on this earth have a beginning i.e. thier organization from the elements into the form they take. So if they have a beginning they will have an end. However when the intelligent consciousness that organized them into said form has learned and evolved all it can in a certain form it will dissolve that form and take on a new one for new learning, experience and further evolvement till it moves beyond the worlds of form.

Seek within through contemplation, meditation, prayer and seeking and you will eventually know all things for the entire universe is a conscious entity that we are all a part of and live and move and have our being in seen and unseen form and formless. It is the star stuff we are all made of so to speak.

edit on 5-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
I do not believe there is an afterlife, that being said, Quantum Mechanics has actually been the first science to even remotely suggest that there may be alternate realities and in that suggestion one could chose to find a potential path to "afterlife".

Eye of the beholder at this point, me thinks.

The laws of relativity describes a reality where the "beholder" must be in the "now" to determine their input on information based on their rational observation. A.Time B. Gravity.

With this being said, do you think dreams maybe the vehicle transporting our "observance" through a worm hole to "re-incarnate" or "time travel" rather, to a similar dimension with same fundamentals (but however from a dream, learned a lesson) and duplicate string?

I mean think about jumping into the Delorean, meeting your parents in the past, return to the present and your reality has changed.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by xiphias

Actually, yeah, science DOES know that consciousness is in the brain.

Also, have you ever fainted? If you did, you would know that your consciousness fades out and then when you wake up, everything fades back in.

Well I have fainted right on the way to opening up a door for air and nothing was black, I continued on to go to the door in some kind of form and opened that door and everybody in the room saw me faint and then the door opened. If I was still talking to the people that witnessed it then I would have them come here to vouch, however sadly I don't know where any of them are. So being outside of my physical body I physically continued walking and opened the door physically and told them I did it and they were in astonishment...sure there is no concousness after death ok....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

reply to post by xiphias

Actually, yeah, science DOES know that consciousness is in the brain.

Also, have you ever fainted? If you did, you would know that your consciousness fades out and then when you wake up, everything fades back in.

Well I have fainted right on the way to opening up a door for air and nothing was black, I continued on to go to the door in some kind of form and opened that door and everybody in the room saw me faint and then the door opened. If I was still talking to the people that witnessed it then I would have them come here to vouch, however sadly I don't know where any of them are. So being outside of my physical body I physically continued walking and opened the door physically and told them I did it and they were in astonishment...sure there is no concousness after death ok....

but what if you did die?... and when you die... what you saw, the last breathing cell within your body and when you "faded in" you were reincarnated into the next negative proton that continued your reality.

What if the people that die in your universe.. was really you.. but you dismissed it as a dream or an emotional state where you dont accept the current reality...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sQeptiQ

I don't know what you're saying what I was saying that in some form I continued doing what I had set out to do so, therefore there must be something beyond death. I have also been under anesthesia and concoiusly was aware of everything going on around me, so what you're stating is a probability I beleive. There are things in this world stranger than one could imagine!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sQeptiQ

I don't know what you're saying what I was saying that in some form I continued doing what I had set out to do so, therefore there must be something beyond death.

I guess what I'm trying to imply is simple:

Your life or our life per say is lived, viewed as a passenger traveling in a train getting to destination to finish completing what you were intending to do. Death as the lighting strike or failure, different outcome, truth or speculation..
honestly one sees end.. the other sees continuance.

reply to post by sQeptiQ

I have also been under anesthesia and concoiusly was aware of everything going on around me, so what you're stating is a probability I beleive. There are things in this world stranger than one could imagine!

That is because you intend to believe you theories based on science which is factor based on faith or believe in God's energy.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I personally believe in self aware consciousness as being life as a coherent energy force that lasts beyond this mortal experience. This view is based on my belief in the power of love to create. I think the universe we know of is an act of love exploring itself. I think the creator of this universe experiences this universe through our consciousness of this universe. When we leave the mortal coil we then download all of this information and are recycled and used again to obtain the fractal experience of this and other universes that the universe creator continues to observe through our continued existence.

The many worlds theory in quantum mechanics seems to agree with this minus the idea of an organizing actor. That opinion is based on my own experiences with this prime actor. I do not expect anyone to understand the universe from my perspective therefore I do not proselytize my unique viewpoint as some are want to do.

edit on 5-12-2010 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am not one to give answers only because one must experience and not be told. I do like to drop hints though.

I own a metaphysical shop and I am a professional psychic. I have so many experiences as a Shaman and there are too many of them to type it all out here. I am also rather lazy when it comes to typing.

I will tell my most recent experience that happened a few days ago.Last Thursday I dreamed of these two rats with human-like eyes. They were very distraught and in the dream I asked them what was wrong. One of the rats told me all its life it felt worthless that everyone thought it was nothing and had nothing to offer.

The next day a woman that gets psychic readings from me about once a week came to my shop for a read.

Halfway into the read I was well into spirit when suddenly she said "I am different, I even have two pet rats" then kept talking about something else. I said wait a minute and then told her about my dream.

She broke down crying terribly and said I have always felt worthless and a nobody with nothing to offer. The depth of her emotions was heartbreaking. It always is when you reach inside them and find what they try and hide from the world. I then counseled her and told her the tremendous worth she has and she instantly looked ten years younger.

The point I am making with this is that conscientiousness is nothing like what we think it is. Where my ability comes from I do not understand, but I do know it is not from my brain or body. I am a conduit and it goes through me, not from me.

My experience with otherworld cannot be told because it has to be experienced to be believed. The computer portion of my mind will never understand it and even I find it all a bit unbelievable so how could I expect one that has not had these experiences to believe what I say.

I have been to the afterlife in dreams many times but I cannot tell what is unbelievable,

May you discover the God within you, until then....

Namaste

edit on 6-12-2010 by LoneGunMan because: trying to type when its late at night

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme When you die, your body goes into the ground and it becomes food for worms and the ground. With this being said, how can there be an after life?

For me, this is a non-question.

The question is not whether there is an "after life", but whether there is a "before life"?

And, if it can be determined that there are memories of previous lives, then the question of whether there is an "after life" becomes moot.

Science cannot answer any question.

It is restricted to the frame of reference of the consciousness of the 'thinker', which deals with only one very restricted dimension of reality.

Mi cha el

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

It is restricted to the frame of reference of the consciousness of the 'thinker', which deals with only one very restricted dimension of reality.

The problem is that science and theology seldom come together to compare notes, and when they do,and the results start leaking out, it throws up all sorts of control issues in the wider population leading to a contraction of the information available to all, and a subsequent fragmention to the way in which information is presented. Compartmentalising information is as effective, in most cases, given the inherent laziness in the species, as removing it altogether. Up to a point.

I like the idea of the past lives, though not having had such an affirmative revelation as you, cannot say whether or not I imagine it or not, but I do see the potential in it. I've left it alone for a while, if any of my 'imaginings' are to be believed by myself, it hasn't exactly been a bed of Roses, so I have taken what I am going to take from that and advance more firmly forward. But what I did find is that I couldn't reconcile the biology...for one I remained definately female, despite rumours in at least two, to the contrary, so I would suspect that the capability to remember past lives in females would be older, carried along the mitochondrial line. The male lines are much more fragmented. This could also explain the disparity of 'understanding'....

But then, the memory cannot be continuous, and must pass between genetic lines to ensure continuity...which is why I always like the mycelia analogy, and that this 'other' aspect, or 'higher self' leaves the body and travels along the network of mycelia-like-whatever, until it reaches a suitable host... This could explain the concept of 'light beings' too, they seem to float through the air, but really they are following strings that we cannot see. Possibly. Could explain all the sightings at times of war of such things.

One way or another, as far as these things go, it is one of the better possibilities. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeyounexttuesday

The problem is that science and theology seldom come together to compare notes,

This is not my experience.

Theology--the Vatican, for example--refers to the revelation of the memories of previous lives as "demonic possession". See the article in the Easter edition of L'Osservatore Romano of either 1990 or 1991, I can't remember. And, meanwhile, Western psychiatry refers to the revelation of the memories of previous lives as "an acute schizophrenic episode", "paranoid schizophrenia with delusions of grandeur", etc. etc.

I would suspect that the capability to remember past lives in females would be older...

My understanding is that the revelation of the memories of previous lives occurs in accordance with the Will of the Creator; and that no other explanation by the consciousness of the 'thinker' in any way changes this one fundamental element of reality.

Mi cha el
edit on 6-12-2010 by Michael Cecil because: 1990

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I would suspect that the capability to remember past lives in females would be older...

My understanding is that the revelation of the memories of previous lives occurs in accordance with the Will of the Creator; and that no other explanation by the consciousness of the 'thinker' in any way changes this one fundamental element of reality.

Yes, but, it is the means by which the information can be translated also. Let's say my hard ware is older than yours and struggles with the software. or vice versa. Maybe I haven't been receiving my upgrades. See what I may mean?

And I think this works on a number of levels...biological and chemical differences...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
You've got it all backwards - its science that is the illusion, it doesn't really exist. The soul is energy that is boundless and can't be trapped in the body at death. But if you truly believe what you wrote I pity you, i really do.

Well, if you don't believe in science then I pity you. I hope you don't try jumping off buildings anytime soon...

People, your consciousness is in your brain. No brain, no consciousness. Anyone who has ever fainted before should know this.

Also, what is the soul and where is it located in the body?
edit on 3-12-2010 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

If that were true, then please explain why both the KGB and the CIA invested millions in remote viewing by psychics?

And if remote viewing is true, then where is consciousness if not physically in the brain?

If consciousness does not exist outside the brain then perhaps arpgme, you could explain how psychics often solve murders by communicating with the deceased victims of murder?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join