It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found the meaning of life. I would like to share

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The purpose of life is to experience it from your unique perspective.
That is all.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

So, if we learn, what's the point in that if there is no "meaning"? With that logic you could just waste yourself. Maybe there's no one-dimensional explanation for the "meaning of life" (which I think is a silly term in itself, but it's good food for thought as it is).

Maybe, on this level, the answer is -as the OP suggested- to live, to experience etc. Maybe that creates the individual, our experiences, our dreams, our subconsciousness..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by Crutchley29

That view is arrogant.

Does the lion believe it better than the zebra because it hunts them? the level of intelligence does not come into it all, you are an animal as well...or do people forget we are part of the group mammalia.

No really. We have a society. Until I find a society of lions talking about their historical importance than i will stick to my level of consciousness.

Again, Yes the lion does believe it is better than a Zebra. Lions dominate over pray. The animalistic drive of the EGO sustains life. This also drives humanities civilization.
The almighty Vagina

You fail to understand my point of view. and you continue to see yourself from an elevated position...as most do.

I'm not going to argue with you, each to their own, but most philosophers come to the same realization that their is little point to existence apart from furthering our species.

And the natural process of learning culminates in us passing on that knowledge to our children, this is something repeated across the animal kingdom.

You only "waste" yourself if you cannot accept it...as some apparently do, most people dont even think about the "meaning" of life to be honest with you.

I do agree with you on one thing though. It is pointless to think about it.

edit on 3-12-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am so fed up with people believing that money is the only way to heal the world.
Anyone who believes this, is spiritually blind, imo.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

There may not be an innate reason for life.
That doesn't mean that we can't give it one.
What does life do?
If we look at evolution - even of rocks into soil - we see life constantly changing in such a way of constant refinement.

If we accept that we each experience life from our own unique perspective, what does that do?

It helps us define who we are.
We can say I am a rich person. I am a good person. I am a God Fearing person. I wish I were a better person.
In each case, the "I" is the thing that we were born WITH, a base operating system of sorts. What it is designed to do is to seek who, exactly, it is.
Even in thinking about this question, we seek to define something about ourselves. IE What is the purpose of (our) life.

If you say, "There is no purpose" you are still defining.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I don't like that answer, because it requires further definition.

To live for you, maybe different for someone else, but, I don't think most people know how to truly "Live". Is it merely a physical thing? To breathe, to move, to eat and sleep? Or does the definition of living have more weight to it?

I live, physically, but inside, I am dead. Why am I dead? Because I cannot find a means to connect. Connect to what? One may ask... To that which first gave me breath. I'm losing it, the will to physically live, because my soul is wilting, withering away, because it is so alone, so still, when it should be resonating with pure love and light, but something in me, and 'Out there' in the world, has DIED.

I cannot live, when half of my brothers and sisters suffer. When we cannot see Truth, because our Nations and 'Races' tell us to divide and hate one another. When we starve the world over, and destroy our Mother. Planet Earth is dying, her spirit is fading, and I've got hippies and 'Gurus' telling me to smile?

to live?

I do not believe anyone here knows the meaning of it.

I used to feel like this too, but I had to reach and reach for some understanding, and in time I realized, that Jesus lived, He couldn't fix ALL suffering, He couldn't Fix all wrong, so, He fixed what He could for those around Him, and He went many places that aren't marked, He did waaaayyy more than anyone normally could and went more places than most men would have gone in the time He lived....So, what is my point? I can do the most I can, help the most I can, cheer the most I can, and in time that "essence" that seemed to be missing started to grow..Now, I love to love everyone, I live to help anyone I can, I love to smile at a complete stranger, and these days way more are smiling back....Life is simple, You get what you give....Give love, and love returns an hundred fold.

link   
I think the meaning of life is simply to become self aware.

link   

I am so fed up with people believing that money is the only way to heal the world.
Anyone who believes this, is spiritually blind, imo.

Helping people at a time is great. Helping a Million+ is a miracle.

link   
Just to throw something in the mix

Ants are the dominant species on this planet...in terms of numbers, environmental adaptation and species variance, they are capable of solving complex tasks and have division of labour.

Not too different from you and me.

Anyway, Im out of here, this is starting to get far too preachy for me with all the talk of "Gods love" and "Jesus lives"

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
Just to throw something in the mix

Ants are the dominant species on this planet...in terms of numbers, environmental adaptation and species variance, they are capable of solving complex tasks and have division of labour.

Not too different from you and me.

I really do enjoy ants a lot. I have insectaphobia too. Who mentioned Jc? I did not.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When people declare what the meaning of life is it usually leaves me a bit cold.. My favorite explanation was that searching for the answer is in itself the answer. But I'm not too keen on the question in the first place, why would life 'mean' anything anyway? It may have a purpose but why a meaning?

I don't exactly disagree with your answer, it just seems like a bit of a nothing answer to a pointless question. Of course life is for living.. That's like saying food is for eating..? Food doesn't 'mean' eating though.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by March of the Fire Ants

I don't exactly disagree with your answer, it just seems like a bit of a nothing answer to a pointless question. Of course life is for living.. That's like saying food is for eating..? Food doesn't 'mean' eating though.

Well if it was not an important question than why has it been echoing throughout man's history?

Living is dealing with good and the bad. Without falling into despair or suicide IMO. I mean everyone falls but picking yourself up is far greater. I do not think the question of life is pointless.
If it was a pointless question then we would be living a pointless life. I believe we all live a purposeful life. Again, you can believe in a pointless life

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I didn't exactly mean life was pointless, I meant spending time thinking about it's meaning is pointless. I don't think meaning is the right word, perhaps it's a dodgy translation or something. Purpose is better I guess but I'm still not too keen haha! Perhaps I've been spoiled by the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, all I can think of is 42, and the question is crap!

As for why people have always asked it.. well I don't know, people have always killed each other too, perhaps that's the meaning of life.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by fordrew
thats been my philosophy for a while now.

the meaning of life is to live life. The purpose of life is to question it's existence. There is no purpose to life other than to question it.

I am starting to believe that questioning is damaging. ATS is perhaps the greatest example of a collective conscious question. As we can see, we have gotten no where. Until ats begins to rally at D.C, pentagon, area 51, etc etc than I see questioning useless. ATS has no action.

Jordan, everything fulfils a valid function. Even ATS. ATS is a part of God's creation too whether or not it matches your vision of what you wish to see.

I have to say thank you for the opening post because it was quite meaningful to me on many levels and your conclusion was quite correct.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I remember tripping on mushrooms one night, and one of the most intense feelings I got was that I was in a constant state of asking myself something, and that I couldn't even figure out what it was I was asking myself - the questions were undefined. This leads me to believe that life is much more about the questions than the answers.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm losing it, the will to physically live, because my soul is wilting, withering away,

I cannot live, when half of my brothers and sisters suffer. When we cannot see Truth, because our Nations and 'Races' tell us to divide and hate one another. When we starve the world over, and destroy our Mother.

I feel the same way. It makes one realize how futile it is to seek "joy" as it is a vain pursuit and fleeting pleasure. Things seen cannot be unseen. When you eat the fruit of that knowledge, you do die inside.

Perhaps this is why in times past when royalty traveled in carriages, they would sniff their pomander balls as they passed through the towns that yielded the "stench" of the peasants. Those who would "live life to the fullest" do so because they turn their heads away from those who suffer and allow the downtrodden to become invisible.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Please see the quote in my signature, I wrote that over 10 years ago

Thought I'd just chime in

Life...Microscopically Simple yet Astronomically Complex all at the same time

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I totally agree. The deeper I went into the meaning of life/afterlife and the more I learned the worst life become.

I went through one horrible experience after another, my dark night of the soul became almost a joke it got so bad.

In the spring of this year I had an experience with handling a woman's remains that were ashes. It was not a big deal at the time, after years of being a Firefighter/EMT I have handled much much worst.

This event though triggered dreams of the afterlife that would make me panic. I would awaken and would have these panic attacks tot he point that I thought I was losing my mind.

Those panic attacks went away once I decided to stop the deep search and just live again.

Wine, cheese and a good novel is what I do with my free time now. You know something? Life is good.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Great post man.

Life is about being alive. I like it. I am with you on that.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think the meaning of life boils down to protein and cyclical evolution.
Not only the building blocks for life, but also the building blocks for technology and civilizations.

The meaning of life is to live and experience through discovery; and the experience is continually evolving through the ages.

In the beginning, the meaning of life was simply to survive, followed by the harnessing of shelter and fire. Then it was to contemplate life after death, and eventually to consider a higher power. Then it moves on to language and arts, followed by basic sciences and philosophy which give rise to the stone age, bronze age, iron age, etc. Slowly a war machine grows from an underlying motivation for financial and spiritual wealth. Towards the end of the cycle, we arrive and industrialization and the cycle begins to speed up towards a shift in the age. The age of electricity, manned flight, the computer, and finally: the internet.

By this point, the war machine is fully grown, and a major threat to life itself; but the world is connected in a way that it never has been before. The previous age began with the technology of fire and the wisdom of love. Now the meaning has changed, as the potential for unity and balance is at its peak. The new age will begin with the technology of love and the wisdom of fire, and the meaning of life will continue to evolve.
edit on 3-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join