It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found the meaning of life. I would like to share

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Most of us understand that life is a journey. Finding yourself through wisdom of deep thought. This thread is to explain my spirituality and sharing you the meaning of life.

I believe that to search wisdom and to receive answers in life one must go through an enormous amount of pain through life. (humility etc etc). One must work diligently to search and master themselves before they even think about fixing the world. This brings me to the format of this thread as well. I will not be posting any videos, links or books to show that spirituality is from oneself rather than social opinion.

My spiritual life was that of Love about three years ago. Although, this not only blinded me about the reality of the state of man, but was harmful. I trusted people far too much and gave them the benefit of the doubt (even complete strangers). This not only harmed my perspective of my life, but gained little to my self respect. Love is always needed to be placed in life, but it should not be used to distort the truth of the world. For example, Looking at happy news all day long will never erase the bad news. So I had to balance truth (of the world) and love. My life is far different than those of normal people. Not just by chance. Although, majority on this site may call themselves outsiders, black/gray sheep of the family and so on and so forth. But I have always been alone as many people on this site perhaps. I was a little different because I tried to fit in with the outsiders as well. I became outcasted by the outcasted, which is strange in my opinion. It has been difficult to enjoy friendships because they would always fizzle in a hand full of years. This has not damaged my love for myself either (which is important as well). Giving up all your possessions is probably the greatest sacrifice into enlightenment, but being alone is as well.

The meaning of life is a simple question for one. Many of us do not see the answer because we look far too deep. Simplistically is quintessential in life to gain wisdom, forethought, clarity and understanding. Thinking far too deep on the subject will only bring failure. Why place heavier burden onto life.

Although, people are entitled to their opinion in life, but a deep question has a deep answer.
The meaning of life, is to live
Place thought about it for 5 minutes and you will see that it really does make sense. Although, with respect to those of other opinion enjoy your ideals on the subject. I would like to discuss more about what I have wrote and see some ats insight
edit on 3-12-2010 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
thats been my philosophy for a while now.

the meaning of life is to live life. The purpose of life is to question it's existence. There is no purpose to life other than to question it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
thats been my philosophy for a while now.

the meaning of life is to live life. The purpose of life is to question it's existence. There is no purpose to life other than to question it.

I am starting to believe that questioning is damaging. ATS is perhaps the greatest example of a collective conscious question. As we can see, we have gotten no where. Until ats begins to rally at D.C, pentagon, area 51, etc etc than I see questioning useless. ATS has no action.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I agree wth everything you just said, youve described my own thoughts in a clarity that im just not capable of, Thankyou for the post

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think the purpose of life is just to define itself.
Nothing more, nothing less. JMO

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Your puny human brain cannot even begin to understand such concepts.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

OP i think you said it all! took the words right out of my mouth

Cheers and star and a flag! its almost as you were talking about me....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't like that answer, because it requires further definition.

To live for you, maybe different for someone else, but, I don't think most people know how to truly "Live". Is it merely a physical thing? To breathe, to move, to eat and sleep? Or does the definition of living have more weight to it?

I live, physically, but inside, I am dead. Why am I dead? Because I cannot find a means to connect. Connect to what? One may ask... To that which first gave me breath. I'm losing it, the will to physically live, because my soul is wilting, withering away, because it is so alone, so still, when it should be resonating with pure love and light, but something in me, and 'Out there' in the world, has DIED.

I cannot live, when half of my brothers and sisters suffer. When we cannot see Truth, because our Nations and 'Races' tell us to divide and hate one another. When we starve the world over, and destroy our Mother. Planet Earth is dying, her spirit is fading, and I've got hippies and 'Gurus' telling me to smile?

to live?

I do not believe anyone here knows the meaning of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Then again Life is what you make of it.........

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Congrats, Sherlock.

Kinda obvious if you ask me. Furthermore, as we are part of this system called existence, we are here also to support it. Meaning that when a creature dies, it is recycled to be fuel for the rest of the system.

Meaning of life is really pretty simple question after all.

Anyway, I am glad you found it out.

-v

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
To live is to enjoy life and what it has to offer. A sexual climax, a good book, great food, friends and so on. Majority of the world problems are more political IMO. Death happens everywhere and pain is everywhere, accept it, you cannot change it unless you have a million+ dollars to feed the hungry (Africa), save the war torn people (Palestine's). Great people like Teresa, P. Diane and other humanitarians only come around for a little while. I do not know anyone else doing what they did. Argue it or not, the rich can save lives, but they don't. Or just throw a buck in the salvation army Bin (where ever that money goes to, lol).

Do you know that I tried to go to Africa, not to convert people but to feed them food. Did you know I had to pay $5,000 just to do that

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
Planet Earth is dying, her spirit is fading

I think you heavily underestimate the capabilities of our little planet. We are but a mere ants living on the surface, a few disasters and that would be it for the human race, but life still survives.

On the other points.. there will be different times, different situations. Societies that have put themselves in a situation that we're now in tend to self-destruct. On the brink of destruction we simply change our course or be destroyed.

People really want "happiness", but everyone doesn't necessarily understand that it rises from the collective. "What you do to yourself you do unto others" or something. Your actions are a boomerang and come around, since we do live on a globe.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There is no meaning to life.

Humans are the only creatures on this earth who elevate themselves into believing they have a purpose to living, our life is no different than that of the common garden ant.

We are born, we grow, we learn, we propagate, we die

That is your, my, our purpose to further species.

Don't believe for a second that a higher level of intelligence gives anyone the right to think otherwise, it was evolution which got us here, a lucky chain of events, not the search for the meaning to life.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Besides my beliefs about 13 people controlling the world and vatican. I really do think that if you bring around a bunch of religious leaders, politicians and public voice from around the world you can certainly solve problems. Add a feast of food (everyone choice) ontop of that and everyone is happy. Although, we look different, we all have two eyes two legs feet, enjoy eating, sleep and pooping.

edit on 3-12-2010 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I don't like that answer, because it requires further definition.

To live for you, maybe different for someone else, but, I don't think most people know how to truly "Live". Is it merely a physical thing? To breathe, to move, to eat and sleep? Or does the definition of living have more weight to it?

I live, physically, but inside, I am dead. Why am I dead? Because I cannot find a means to connect. Connect to what? One may ask... To that which first gave me breath. I'm losing it, the will to physically live, because my soul is wilting, withering away, because it is so alone, so still, when it should be resonating with pure love and light, but something in me, and 'Out there' in the world, has DIED.

I cannot live, when half of my brothers and sisters suffer. When we cannot see Truth, because our Nations and 'Races' tell us to divide and hate one another. When we starve the world over, and destroy our Mother. Planet Earth is dying, her spirit is fading, and I've got hippies and 'Gurus' telling me to smile?

to live?

I do not believe anyone here knows the meaning of it.

well i think you are looking at too large picture here.... you cant stop destroying the world or make enemies like eachother ,world has not died you know, i saved somebodys day today when i stopped to help a girl whos car had frozen on the side of the road and nobody had stopped to help her, my actions made her happy and able to continue her trip to visit her parents, maybe she will save somebody elses day sometime just because she was helped in hour of need , basically i mean you can do what you can to make this place better for you and your fellow persons by little acts, just do what you can thats all, and btw im not a hippie

edit on 12/3/2010 by zoomer72 because: damn typos

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29

Don't believe for a second that a higher level of intelligence gives anyone the right to think otherwise, it was evolution which got us here, a lucky chain of events, not the search for the meaning to life.

Well, I think otherwise. I do believe we are better than a common ant for one. We eat them. Are you a vegan? If not I see your comment counterproductive.
No such thing as coincidence.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Well, I think otherwise. I do believe we are better than a common ant for one. We eat them. Are you a vegan? If not I see your comment counterproductive.
No such thing as coincidence.

That view is arrogant.

Does the lion believe it better than the zebra because it hunts them? the level of intelligence does not come into it all, you are an animal as well...or do people forget we are part of the group mammalia.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Agreed, to deeply ponder the meaning of life is a waste of LIFE, it is impossible to concieve of the inconcievable, i do like to think but not too deeply because i think as physical beings we can never find out the true reason of why were here. I think once you accept the fact that you will not know the full truth in this existance a burden of weight is lifted of you.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Curly knows the answer already:

2nd line?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

That view is arrogant.

Does the lion believe it better than the zebra because it hunts them? the level of intelligence does not come into it all, you are an animal as well...or do people forget we are part of the group mammalia.

No really. We have a society. Until I find a society of lions talking about their historical importance than i will stick to my level of consciousness.

Again, Yes the lion does believe it is better than a Zebra. Lions dominate over pray. The animalistic drive of the EGO sustains life. This also drives humanities civilization.
The almighty Vagina

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join