It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Guest Threatened For Opposing Dream Act Amnesty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Fox News Guest Threatened For Opposing Dream Act Amnesty

www.alipac.us

Dream Act Amnesty supporters, including the President of Immigration Clearinghouse, have issued a fatwa calling for the murder of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's President William Gheen following his appearance on Fox and Friends.

Local police and the FBI have been contacted and reports have been filed concerning these threats and civil rights violations that are coming from Dream Act Amnesty supporters. The Dream Act Amnesty would give legal status, college access, and voting rights to over 2 million illegal aliens.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.socialnews.biz
www.mmdnewswire.com

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It is extremely ironic, in my humble opinion, that people who are SUPPOSEDLY supporting what they believe are peoples RIGHTS, are advocating death to those who oppose their efforts. This is another example of hypocrisy on the part of the left, that believe that anyone who opposes them should have no rights, including the right to LIVE.

www.alipac.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I know you are simply quoting the link, etc., so this is not aimed at you. I am curious why the term fatwa is used. I see noone calling for a fatwa in any of the supposed "evidence". In fact, all I see is one deranged guy calling for granades to be placed in inappropriate places.

I smell something and it ain't roses.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Pretty unwise if you ask me.

Not just giving 2 Million People Government Benefits, but what it will do to the infrastructure of the economy as well.

I am one not for voting, but 2 Million people can definitely sway the polls. Not that It would matter, since both candidates work for the same people.

This just needs to be analyzed more before it is implemented, and I highly doubt it will.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

If this is true - way to tell everybody that you are capable of sensible thought and your proposals should be given proper consideration. It's kind of like a child going to the teacher to contest a bad mark and explaining their reasoning as "if you don't give me 100% I'll kill you."

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I sure hope that something happens to wake people up soon. Pretty soon there's gonna' be more of them than there are of us. If that sad day ever comes the country I was raised in will be gone forever.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

Um, what country are you in? Because (assuming that you are in the US) you are aware that very few US citizens aren't immigrants within the last 500 years, aren't you (and everyone there's a migrant within the Holocene)?And as much as you can say "well, that was the past", this will be, too, someday, and "that was legal" doesn't really wash because whoever was there first decided what was legal.

That's not to say that death-threats are progressive, or that countries should let everyone past their borders, just that the "them" and "us" seperation is basically flawed.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

what exactly do you mean by "them"
i personally am hispanic born and raised in the US but my parents had to gain their citizenship... i hate people bunching people in any type of group as this is labeling and gives consent for hate.
yes, being one who can joke about things, more than likely we will outnumber you guys cause we reproduce like jack rabbits. i for one am very proud of my heritage. i am very proud of my culture of hard-work and family values.
just remember your ancestors where black-listed at one point in time just as we are being right now.
now as i support the process, i think the system set in place is absolutely outrageous. i'm sure you would rather people legal and accounted for, then not knowing exactly who is in the country and where they came from...
now that's the truth

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill

Um, what country are you in? Because (assuming that you are in the US) you are aware that very few US citizens aren't immigrants within the last 500 years, aren't you (and everyone there's a migrant within the Holocene)?And as much as you can say "well, that was the past", this will be, too, someday, and "that was legal" doesn't really wash because whoever was there first decided what was legal.
What a specious argument. Of course we are a nation of immigrants. However, in the past immigrants came to the US and became "Americanized", they assimilated to life in America, they accepted and became part of our culture. The new generation of immigrants, especially illegals imo, do not assimilate. They want to be "mexicans in America" or whatever from wherever leading to the balkanization of America and sounding the death knell to what was once a great country. I am not saying that they are the only source of our national decline, but they are a large part of it. I suggest we round up every single illegal in this country and deport them. It would be expensive, but in the end would save us quite a bit. This dream act is a nightmare that we need to wake up from before our nation is totally gone.

edit on 3-12-2010 by sonofliberty1776 because: Removed an unnecessary part of the quoted post

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

What a specious argument. Of course we are a nation of immigrants. However, in the past immigrants came to the US and became "Americanized", they assimilated to life in America, they accepted and became part of our culture. The new generation of immigrants, especially illegals imo, do not assimilate. They want to be "mexicans in America" or whatever from wherever leading to the balkanization of America and sounding the death knell to what was once a great country. I am not saying that they are the only source of our national decline, but they are a large part of it. I suggest we round up every single illegal in this country and deport them. It would be expensive, but in the end would save us quite a bit. This dream act is a nightmare that we need to wake up from before our nation is totally gone.

are you out your freakin mind? every immigrant regardless of origination has been proud of their culture... even to this day. the irish are proud to be irish, the same goes for the scotts, etc... and this is generation after generation after generation and so on and so forth... what a blatantly bigoted comment of you sir. every man and women should be proud of their culture it is what makes us individuals and made the USA the wonderful place it has potential to be.
i weep for this country and what it has become... what was once glorified here is now shunned.. TPTB are winning and your too busy blaming your problems on people that want nothing more then to better their lives and that of their familes. it truly is a sad day.
edit on 3-12-2010 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Again I shall sound like a hippy, but the "original" American settlers were the ones that decided what "American" was - and it wasn't much like the idea of the races that preceded them (Except in the whole wipe out the wildlife part. There, they had the previous icolonists' life philosophies down to a tee).

Still, living on the East side of the Atlantic, I know little of the immigration situation in America. I know that I do rather resent non-integrative micro-communities, especially when they start trying to have motions passed (I always love that term. It's potty humour in politics) to allow them to apply the legal systems of their own country to the members of their micro-communities (Sharia law, if that's how you spell it, particularly caught my attention in this aspect). So I get the whole "we're no longer our own country" slant, it's just the "Us/Them" concept that I will always object to - because how much of an incentive is that to integrate?
edit on 3/12/2010 by TheWill because: incorrect word used

edit on 3/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/12/2010 by TheWill because: inconsistencies

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

are you out your freakin mind? every immigrant regardless of origination has been proud of their culture... even to this day. the irish are proud to be irish, the same goes for the scotts, etc... and this is generation after generation after generation and so on and so forth... what a blatantly bigoted comment of you sir. every man and women should be proud of their culture it is what makes us individuals and made the USA the wonderful place it has potential to be.
i weep for this country and what it has become... what was once glorified here is now shunned.. TPTB are winning and your too busy blaming your problems on people that want nothing more then to better their lives and that of their familes. it truly is a sad day.

You take such a naive approach to this whole situation. Sort of like our President. I just want to know what you would determine to be a justifiable and fair approach to immigration?

The other poster is right...THERE ARE people sneaking into the USA illegally solely to BENEFIT from the opportunities this country provides. Like he said, you come to America to be AMERICAN....not Mexican but living in America. For you to not see this as a problem shows your inability to visualize and anticipate the problems we will have a few steps down the road.

Nobody hates immigrants, just do it legally. In my opinion, the USA should also be able to 'select' which people who have applied for citizenship, are allowed to enter the country.

Let me put it this way for you to understand better.....say you find a homeless guy on the street and you're in a "giving mood." You invite him to your house for dinner. Fine, you're a good person. However, this person now keeps showing up at your house for dinner daily, you're a little hesitant but you still feed him. Shortly thereafter, this person starts bringing homeless friends, then they start telling you what you should cook them for dinner, then they eventually move in and start rearranging the furniture and start telling you what channel the tv should be set too. Soon you're broke from feeding these homeless people, and they've taken over and changed the culture of your house, and will eventually destroy it because you are unable to pay the bills.

But I guess acording to you, you have to keep feeding and bending over for these people because its "the right thing to do."

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by f4rwest

touche, good use of metephor. now with that being said.. i support the selective process and having to go through steps to be a citizen... i work at an immigration office we do that kind of work.. so what I'M saying is the system in place is bogus. i'm sure most american's born and raised couldn't pass these tests on their 1st try with no studying.. i said the support the process, as yes there are people that we don't want here, but i mean come on in a day and age where computers can do the data analysis in one minute that would take 100 men months, there's a better way of going about things.
come on you can't honestly believe that we got this system down can you? honestly i wouldn't mind the hispanic culture bringing in it's value of hard work and family values into this country... this country could use it... just sayin IMHO
edit on 3-12-2010 by stuncrazy because: wrong word used

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by f4rwest

How is that what they said? They were responding to a commen which called for the exportation of ALL illegal immigrants, and you say that they are welcoming ALL?

I couldn't see that in the text, and as much as they may have meant it, and as much as (in the words of Sharon Tyler in Wonderfalls) the US has a generous legal immigration policy, certain illegal immigrants (i.e. refugees) may be fleeing from persecution and have only limited time available in which to do so. Yes, if they do not have a valid reason for circumnavigating immigration law, export them, but in the notable example of the holocaust, a great many countries turned away a large number of people with a very pressing need to find a new homeland, and a great many people died unnecessarily as a result of it.

I'm sure I had a point.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
DOD is pushing for the Dream Act because they need funding.

They think they will get a couple hundred thousand illegal immigrants to enter college with the promise of some Federal Aid/State tuition....and enslave those people with hundreds of thousands of college debt.

They think they will get revenue from that so DOD can sail it's 11 carrier battle groups. Those kids will flee the country with their degrees and how you going to collect on someone who disappeared?

Think they could collect from a surgeon who pops up in Guatemala? Other countries will see they have degrees from the US and have them change their names and issue them local degrees in the new name since they know what they are doing...as long as they work there for X amount of years.

DOD isn't exactly the smartest entity on the block. They'll do whatever they can to keep them going. Even if it's the next big scandal that bankrupts us even further. As long as we can get 1 more year having our Generals living like Kings....who are you to stop them?
edit on 3-12-2010 by Pervius because: spellin

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The DREAM Act is like throwing gas on a fire to put it out.
It's an affront to those who have worked and waited to get their citizenship the legal and honest way.
If you don't care to assimilate go somewhere where you don't have to.
I have nothing against Latinos and I love Hispanic culture.
I'm just tired of the law being trampled, bent and manipulated for "special interests" or the rich.

Not too bright to post death threats online.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lou Dobbs of CNN was threaten with death and then his wife shot at for reporting unfavorably about illegal immigration. Mexican criminals have a long history of murdering reporters and political activists they don't like. Too bad Holder is heading up the DOJ because nothing will happen to these foreign thugs issuing death threats to American citizens.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

This thread is preaching to the choir I see, but heck I'll give it a shot.

First of all the DREAM act would not cost anything, it would actually slash the deficit by $1.4 billion. and here's the link to back up my statement.

www.cbo.gov...

Second Point -

If the DREAM act were to pass, applicants must provide proof that they were brought to the United States before they were 16, that they have a High School Diploma or GED, and that they have been living in the U.S continuously for 5 years prior to the enactment of DREAM act.

Third Point -

Applicants must pass all of the requirements that people applying for US Residence must meet, as well as passing the different tests and be fluent in English. Then if accepted they wouldn't even become US Residents, they would be given CONDITIONAL non-immigrant status for 10 years prior to being eligible for US Residency.

Fourth -

For those saying that, "these" people would take away your tax money.

Beneficiaries of DREAM act would NOT be eligible for Medicaid, Food stamps, and other government funded benefits.

Fifth -

For those who are saying that this is a "slap in the face" to people who have been waiting in line.

These kids were mostly brought to the U.S by their parents at really young ages, most of them grew up and were raised here, they are American in every way possible...some of them don't even speak Spanish. I don't think America is a place where we punish children for the actions of their parents.

Why should we deny people who are ready to enroll in college, or to join the military the opportunity to really become Americans? Also most of them have joined the Selective Service.

I still like to think of this country as the land of Opportunity for everyone.

These kids didn't have a say whether or not they wanted to come here, they were raised here...the are Americans. Yet some of you, or should I say most of you here want to punish children for the actions of their parents?

Talk about a slap in the face to the founding principles of the United States.

One other thing, for those of you that are doubting the things I said in this post. Which I'm sure are most of you, here's the link to the full text of the DREAM act bill that will be brought to the Senate floor sometime next week, after Republicans get tax cuts for the rich.

DREAM act

Oh and yes, all of them will be required to submit Biometric data and undergo and thorough background check prior to being accepted.
edit on 12/3/2010 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

One more thing, this is not granting amnesty to every single illegal immigrant, which going by the posts in this thread that's what most of you seem to think. DREAM act would only be applicable to persons that have been living in the United States before turning 16 and that have a high school diploma or GED. They would be required to attend college or join the military in the 10 years they are given. If they fail to meet these requirement they are then subject to deportation.
edit on 12/3/2010 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
With limited seatings in College, why give amnesty to illegals when our citizens could fill those seats? Just push the citizens aside? With so many people going through the proper channels for themselves and their children to become citizens, why shove these people aside and grant amnesty to illegals? This is right? This is fair?

Is it fair or right to have your identity/social security # stolen? Is it right to have to speak spanish to get a simple factory job now? When we have so many cultures here, no other language is demanded only spanish. One of the requirements of being a legal citizen is to learn the language. Many illegals have no desire to become legal or to assimilate. Many illegals are recieving benefits that citizens cannot get.

Most pro-illegal immigration/amnesty people see it as the illegals recieving equal rights. In actuality, the illegals are coming before the legal citizens and the citizens are falling through the cracks. Our homeless shelters are filled to capacity, millions are unemployed. Illegals have been rewarded every step of the way, while our citizens are going without.

When you go into some areas and all you see are spanish signs, and hear spanish, you feel like you left your own country.

Most people have come here legally with respect. They didn't steal identities or push anyone aside to get to the front of the line. They had background and health checks. With millions of illegal's here, we have left the door open for thieves, murderers, pedophiles, gang members etc. It's not just Mr. and Mrs. nice guy. We have laws for a reason.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join